2012 Trade RUMOR Thread. (Keep the deadline thread for substantiated stuff).

Eleven

A pretty good young centerman finding his way. Has all the tools. Here's his hockeyfuture analyisishttp://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/Cody_Hodgson

Here's his career stats:

NHL Totals 71 17 18 35 8 12 0 1 1 2 2006-07 Brampton Battalion OHL 63 23 23 46 24 -21 4 1 3 4 0 2007-08 Brampton Battalion OHL 68 40 45 85 36 15 5 5 0 5 2 2008-09 Brampton Battalion OHL 53 43 49 92 33 41 21 11 20 31 18 2008-09 Manitoba Moose AHL -- -- -- -- -- -- 11 2 4 6 4 2009-10 Brampton Battalion OHL 13 8 12 20 9 6 11 3 7 10 4 2010-11 Manitoba Moose AHL 52 17 13 30 14 -12 -- -- -- -- -- 2010-11 Vancouver Canucks NHL 8 1 1 2 0 1 12 0 1 1 2 2011-12 Vancouver Canucks NHL 63 16 17 33 8 8

Prediction: It's going to be zero or one move (which would be trading Gaustad for picks). The opportunity to create cap space for the summer and beyond will be squandered, and we'll be locked into essentially the same deeply flawed "core" for another year.

Darcy must go.

there should have been 3-4 frigen sabre trades today... darcy is a pos

I have a bad feeling this is going to be a very anti-climatic day for Sabres fans.

Sabres 4pm press conference: Gaustad inked to 5 year, $15 million extension. This helps our team more than anything else we could have done!

:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

as someone who finds mike harrington unnecessarily snotty on twitter, i found this exchange very amusing.

https://twitter.com/...108216795086850

and the cut and paste version (not sure how it will come through in terms of formatting):

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington

Hey all you Internet rumor-mongers/experts, the #Kings were trading Dustin Brown, right? And the #Sabres were getting him, right? #noise

mckenzie_normal.jpg Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

@BNHarrington Yes, Kings were "considering" a trade involving Brown. That is factually correct. Multiple teams, incl BUF, were interested.

as someone who finds mike harrington unnecessarily snotty on twitter, i found this exchange very amusing.

https://twitter.com/...108216795086850

and the cut and paste version (not sure how it will come through in terms of formatting):

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington

Hey all you Internet rumor-mongers/experts, the #Kings were trading Dustin Brown, right? And the #Sabres were getting him, right? #noise

mckenzie_normal.jpg Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

@BNHarrington Yes, Kings were "considering" a trade involving Brown. That is factually correct. Multiple teams, incl BUF, were interested.

Dear god, Harrington embarrasses himself again. The rumors came from a report by McKenzie himself not Ecklund or some schlub with no credibility. It's nice to see Harrington get a bit of a slap.

McKenzie is to Pegula what Wawrow was to Quinn. He has a vested interest.

When the Penn St. thing was in full force, everyone from the Sabres refused to talk to the Buff News about anything. Then McKenzie came out with a sweet little ditty about Pegula with no mention of Benson, even as the Sabres were scrubbing his bio.

Not to say Harrington wasn't being snide, but McKenzie has a new lapdog role from where I sit.

McKenzie is to Pegula what Wawrow was to Quinn. He has a vested interest.

When the Penn St. thing was in full force, everyone from the Sabres refused to talk to the Buff News about anything. Then McKenzie came out with a sweet little ditty about Pegula with no mention of Benson, even as the Sabres were scrubbing his bio.

Not to say Harrington wasn't being snide, but McKenzie has a new lapdog role from where I sit.

:rolleyes:

Says the conspiracy theorist to himself.

What is wrong with what i said?

1) The Sabres refused to talk to the Buffalo News about Cliff Benson's role on the team or as the Financial Cairman for Jerry Sandusky's charity which was used as a breeding ground for Sandusky to rape young children

2) Pegula or Benson were not made available to local media during the weeks of early investigation into Penn St.

3) The Sabres changed Benson's bio where he was proud to be the Financial Chair for Sandusky

4) McKenzie comes out with an exclusive comment and article from Pegula during this time, with not one mention of any connection of possible key players to his inner circle

These are all FACTS

1) The Sabres refused to talk to the Buffalo News about Cliff Benson's role on the team or as the Financial Cairman for Jerry Sandusky's charity which was used as a breeding ground for Sandusky to rape young children

2) Pegula or Benson were not made available to local media during the weeks of early investigation into Penn St.

3) The Sabres changed Benson's bio where he was proud to be the Financial Chair for Sandusky

4) McKenzie comes out with an exclusive comment and article from Pegula during this time, with not one mention of any connection of possible key players to his inner circle

These are all FACTS

Yes and our young Cody is a indian hating indian killing............. no wait that was his father. You just questioned Cody's moral character based on something you implied his father did

These are all FACTS

Because facts have never been used to support conspiracy theories before. :rolleyes:

Bob McKenzie is one of the best, if not THE best reporters in all of hockey. But since he felt like correcting Harrington's little jab at the social media sphere, now he's also a patsy to the Pegula administration.

Your shtick is soooooo tired. Like the elastic in an old pair of tighty whities.

Yes and our young Cody is a indian hating indian killing............. no wait that was his father. You just questioned Cody's moral character based on something you implied his father did

First of all, one has nothing to do with the other.

Second of all, I never said anything about Cody Hodgson being a bad person or having anything to do with what his father ordered according to high officials in Canadian government. I was trying to give creedence to the statements that Hodgson's "crew", led by his father, caused more issues for Vancouver than the rest of the team. If you can't connect the two issues, where a controlling person is now a parent of a pro athlete and has been stated as "knowing what is best" for Cody......then that is your perogative. I see it as a red flag and can understand why Vancouver would want to get rid of that headache. Cody Hodgson actually comes across as nice and passive, which will fit right in with the core of the Sabres. He seems to let dad run his life though.

Because facts have never been used to support conspiracy theories before. :rolleyes:

Bob McKenzie is one of the best, if not THE best reporters in all of hockey. But since he felt like correcting Harrington's little jab at the social media sphere, now he's also a patsy to the Pegula administration.

Your shtick is soooooo tired. Like the elastic in an old pair of tighty whities.

I would have never thought McKenzie to be liek that, but because of the timing and softballness of his article with Pegula, I take anything he says with a grain of salt involving the Sabres now.

It doesn't mean Harrington wasn't spewing BS, or that what McKenzie says about Brown isn't true....it's just that now he has a mark in my opinion and given journalistic boundries, it's sort of a cheap shot given the fact he "scabbed" a fluff piece about Pegula when the Buffalo media was on lockdown.

This added with the fact the Sabres hid from a press conference after the season, and I think I have a clear view forming on how certain higher ups feel about accounting to "the masses".

whatever you have to tell yourself to make your facts fit your opinion

That's usually how it works, but thank you for understanding.

When the Sabres are hoisting a Cup, and Hodgson is one of the first 3 guys to lift it, I will gladly say my concerns were overamplified. So far though, I have only seen a kid with a helicopter parent and his biggest thrill as a Sabre has been to play ministicks in a pink shirt while holding a club soda

First of all, one has nothing to do with the other.

Second of all, I never said anything about Cody Hodgson being a bad person or having anything to do with what his father ordered according to high officials in Canadian government. I was trying to give creedence to the statements that Hodgson's "crew", led by his father, caused more issues for Vancouver than the rest of the team. If you can't connect the two issues, where a controlling person is now a parent of a pro athlete and has been stated as "knowing what is best" for Cody......then that is your perogative. I see it as a red flag and can understand why Vancouver would want to get rid of that headache. Cody Hodgson actually comes across as nice and passive, which will fit right in with the core of the Sabres. He seems to let dad run his life though.

I would have never thought McKenzie to be liek that, but because of the timing and softballness of his article with Pegula, I take anything he says with a grain of salt involving the Sabres now.

It doesn't mean Harrington wasn't spewing BS, or that what McKenzie says about Brown isn't true....it's just that now he has a mark in my opinion and given journalistic boundries, it's sort of a cheap shot given the fact he "scabbed" a fluff piece about Pegula when the Buffalo media was on lockdown.

This added with the fact the Sabres hid from a press conference after the season, and I think I have a clear view forming on how certain higher ups feel about accounting to "the masses".

Why do you go and have to ruin every thread by commenting on it?

Anyway, you did insinuate that Cody was a bad person because of what his father did, accept that fact. You are a conspiracy theorist. Your statements on the Buffalo Sabres org, Cody and McKenzie among others seem to be based it little actual fact and largely taken from 'I heard this!'.

Archived