2012 Trade Deadline Thread

spndnchz

the proposition that pegula is a fanboy is an interesting one. i heard stafford say recently that pegula sought him out recently and gave him a pep talk. as much as i dislike stafford and would like to see him shipped for value, i sorta liked hearing that. i get the sense that pegula is in fact going to let his hockey people make the hockey decisions -- that he will not meddle by lobbying for players to be retained or extended -- but that he will also encourage and even nurture his players for so long as they're on the team (and then will continue to treat them like alumni once their playing days are over). i can understand hearing him talk about his team in an unduly positive manner and fearing that he's just a starry-eyed fanboy. but i don't think that's what he's doing; i think he is going to trust his hockey people to make hockey decisions and that he is going to be the chief cheerleader and psyche stroker for every player on the roster and in the system.

now, the matter of whether he has the right hockey people in place -- that's another question.

So that's why he told Miller that his daughter could play better in goal? Nice nurturing...

Time is ticking away and nothing yet. Do you think theses moroons actually have bought the injury excuse and are just going to hold the line. Please tell me Stafford and or Roy are gone before 3 pm.

Do you want me to tell you that, or do you want the truth? Unfortunately, they are not the same. But boy, PLEASE let me be wrong, I will eat all the crow in the world, believe me, and be happy to do so...

Do you want me to tell you that, or do you want the truth? Unfortunately, they are not the same. But boy, PLEASE let me be wrong, I will eat all the crow in the world, believe me, and be happy to do so...

I know realistically we just can't dump them for nothing, and Roy definitely has more value than Stafford (lazy like Ovie) but some times you just have to cut your losses !

Archived