2012 Trade Deadline Thread

spndnchz

Anything can happen. Maybe Mrs. Pegula withholds tonight and Terry wakes up angry tomorrow morning and takes it out on Regier and this roster.

So the key, it seems, is to get Kim to put Terry in the doghouse and get him all frustrated and pissed off.

Pegula IMO seems (how to put this lightly) be to a really, really "nice" guy... he doesn't exactly strike me as sharp

Makes me wonder how in the world he made a few billion in hydrofracking of all things... there must be a killer instinct in there somewhere

I'm really tired of people (not just you) insulting Pegula's intelligence. Idiots don't make $3.5 billion in business unless it was inherited from daddy. Maybe he hasn't learned the NHL yet, but seriously, the guy is obviously damn smart.

I'm really tired of people (not just you) insulting Pegula's intelligence. Idiots don't make $3.5 billion in business unless it was inherited from daddy. Maybe he hasn't learned the NHL yet, but seriously, the guy is obviously damn smart.

Yeah, you're right... he has to be.

But when I listen to him speak I am not impressed at all that I am listening to a man who is "obviously damn smart."

Just my opinion. People can attack Darcy and say the meanest things they can imagine, but let us not forget who is in love with the job Darcy has done.

If there are people (plural) insulting his intelligence then maybe there is a reason for it. Not that is has to be correct, but maybe he just doesn't come across as really smart when he actually is. Like I said (and like you said) he MUST be to have made that $$.

But when I listen to him speak I am not impressed at all that I am listening to a man who is "obviously damn smart."

Not every intelligent person is an excellent public speaker. Hell, a lot of intelligent people aren't even that great at having conversations.

I'm pretty confident Terry Pegula is a smart man. Has he figured out the best way to be an NHL owner who leads his franchise to a championship? Probably not. But he's owned a team for about a year and he's learning as he goes. He's a good owner already and I tend to think he's still improving.

Not every intelligent person is an excellent public speaker. Hell, a lot of intelligent people aren't even that great at having conversations.

I'm pretty confident Terry Pegula is a smart man. Has he figured out the best way to be an NHL owner who leads his franchise to a championship? Probably not. But he's owned a team for about a year and he's learning as he goes. He's a good owner already and I tend to think he's still improving.

Fair enough. I am happy to have an owner who will spend the $$.

Maybe the question I have is more about his killer instinct. Will he fire "family" (Darcy/Lindy) if need be to win a cup? He must have some killer instinct to make a few billion dollars fracking.... You don't get that big in that industry without cracking a few ribs here and there

Fair enough. I am happy to have an owner who will spend the $$.

Maybe the question I have is more about his killer instinct. Will he fire "family" (Darcy/Lindy) if need be to win a cup? He must have some killer instinct to make a few billion dollars fracking.... You don't get that big in that industry without cracking a few ribs here and there

All I know is he cut Henry Kravis in for $1 billion in 1 year to get a deal done. There be plenty of rabbit holes to jump down.......I just would like a quality hockey team.

Pegula IMO seems (how to put this lightly) be to a really, really "nice" guy... he doesn't exactly strike me as sharp

Makes me wonder how in the world he made a few billion in hydrofracking of all things... there must be a killer instinct in there somewhere

Yeah, you're right... he has to be.

Just my opinion. People can attack Darcy and say the meanest things they can imagine, but let us not forget who is in love with the job Darcy has done.

If there are people (plural) insulting his intelligence then maybe there is a reason for it. Not that is has to be correct, but maybe he just doesn't come across as really smart when he actually is. Like I said (and like you said) he MUST be to have made that $$.

You have got to be kidding.

Speaking of not striking people as particularly sharp...

T-Pegs intelligence aside, he has come across as a major fanboi. Maybe it's just him saying the right things but it leaves a fan base weary of his decision making. Can he remove himself from adoring the players on his team that he so loves? That has yet to be seen.

I don't see TPegs as a hands on owner making the decisions. Yes he is a fanboi, but I don't see him being the type to go storming into Black's or Darcy's office and demanding that his favorites stay on the team. I think he has the hockey people he wants to make the decisions they think will bring the cup in. and no I am not listing Darcy as one of his hockey people.

Archived