Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

14 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

That was in response to Josie's response to my post.  Didn't want her to think my plants were withering away like Sloth in the some random basement.  They're getting their rocky road!

Niiice. Back in college I took a course on zoological and botanical illustration- I chose pitcher plants for my final project. Such awesome things. Yours look great! 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Do you, uhm, feed them? I’m very curious.

They don't need to be fed as long as they receive adequate lighting.  It just so happens the fruit fly cultures for the dart frogs are located right next to the plants so it works out well if there are any "escapees".  

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Is Mitts some sort of Thom Cruise character from the 80s?

Any idea who the other ones are?

Guy on the far left that I don't recognize is a domino. Dahlin (far right) is Frozone. Middle dude (which I think was labeled as skinner somewhere) is Mr. Beane? Thats all I got.

11 minutes ago, sabills said:

Guy on the far left that I don't recognize is a domino. Dahlin (far right) is Frozone. Middle dude (which I think was labeled as skinner somewhere) is Mr. Beane? Thats all I got.

I meant who they actually are but solid effort ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Actually adequate substrate material plays a part in the non-necessity for feedings as well.  Carnivorous plants supplement their diet due to poor "living conditions".

Isn't it part of the fun in having them, though, ya know...feeding them?

rsz_mr_burns_evil_7487.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

record-an-evil-laugh.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ... said:

Isn't it part of the fun in having them, though, ya know...feeding them?

Cutting a chunk off that fresh strip steak you're about to grill and feeding it to your fly trap will likely kill it.  Some insects are capable of escaping, damaging the plant in the process.  I've heard some people use freeze dried bloodworms.    

58 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Cutting a chunk off that fresh strip steak you're about to grill and feeding it to your fly trap will likely kill it.  Some insects are capable of escaping, damaging the plant in the process.  I've heard some people use freeze dried bloodworms.    

Way back when, my brother had a fly trap.  He used to actually feed it flys from time to time.  It was really something.  He was a bit of a sick bastage.

13 minutes ago, N S said:

Way back when, my brother had a fly trap.  He used to actually feed it flys from time to time.  It was really something.  He was a bit of a sick bastage.

I have a few Venus fly traps of the larger variety that I keep outside during the summer.  Had the pleasure of seeing a yellow jacket trigger one of the traps.  It actually was able to escape though after some effort.  Trapped crane flies are also amusing.

Yeahh I'll put this in awesome thread over the random thread I think. 

Neat little quick design Pens did for a memorial of the synagogue shooting. Subtle and effective. The difference in strokes on the two triangles making the Star of David kinda bugs me, but overall it's nice. 

DqxD34nW4AE0KT1.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, josie said:

Neat little quick design Pens did for a memorial of the synagogue shooting. Subtle and effective. The difference in strokes on the two triangles making the Star of David kinda bugs me, but overall it's nice. 

DqxD34nW4AE0KT1.jpg

Outstanding.

52 minutes ago, josie said:

DqxD34nW4AE0KT1.jpg

I like it.  I like it a lot, but I understaand your feelings on the Star of David.  The Star of David is more political then Religious, IMO.