Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I think the collateral damage stuff works good to get adults to quit.

I think the in your face gross scary stuff is perfect to keep children from starting.

Yeah. That one that's out right now where the girl literally rips off her skin to pay for the cigs... that's some dark, SAW level right there. Yikes. 

I just remember terrifying looking puppets telling me not to do drugs. Ah, the days of DARE.... 

You're? Really?

Oh, OK, a joke account. Now not at all funny.

Yea, that ruined it for me. Saw some tweets saying the Baylor Stadium twitter guy would be fired, but it's clear that this tweet is the point of the whole thing.

Facebook really is awesome. For as much as people hate it, I enjoy watching my friends achieve milestones and get on in life. Buying houses, changing careers, having kids, getting promotions, taking up new hobbies. It's good to know that my friends are doing well and I am always proud and never jealous. I know people are watching my journey and I hope they know I appreciate being able to watch theirs. Facebook really does let us see our friends as characters in their stories. It's weird and cool all at the same time.

Facebook really is awesome. For as much as people hate it, I enjoy watching my friends achieve milestones and get on in life. Buying houses, changing careers, having kids, getting promotions, taking up new hobbies. It's good to know that my friends are doing well and I am always proud and never jealous. I know people are watching my journey and I hope they know I appreciate being able to watch theirs. Facebook really does let us see our friends as characters in their stories. It's weird and cool all at the same time.

Refreshing to see somebody look at it this way. Social media isn't the end of times. Just use it for what you want it to be. I really enjoy the same thing about Facebook. I like to see what's going on with the people I know but can't talk with during every step of their lives.

Refreshing to see somebody look at it this way. Social media isn't the end of times. Just use it for what you want it to be. I really enjoy the same thing about Facebook. I like to see what's going on with the people I know but can't talk with during every step of their lives.

I'll be the first to admit that Facebook is full of people I went to high school with who turned out to be average joes, or people I've come into contact through things like paintball who are great to hang out with but also vile racists and morons. It is what it is. The hardest thing to do is keep people around who you like, but not necessarily outside of certain circumstances. Fortunately Facebook has made cleaning up ones timeline a pretty easy process these days. Which is good for everyone. Being selective with how you take in people's lives is okay I think. 

I'll be the first to admit that Facebook is full of people I went to high school with who turned out to be average joes, or people I've come into contact through things like paintball who are great to hang out with but also vile racists and morons. It is what it is. The hardest thing to do is keep people around who you like, but not necessarily outside of certain circumstances. Fortunately Facebook has made cleaning up ones timeline a pretty easy process these days. Which is good for everyone. Being selective with how you take in people's lives is okay I think. 

This! People that complain about Facebook are almost always complaining about things that are easily fixed. "Oh, I get all these game requests!" Block the games as the come along, it takes like 30 seconds and you never have to see that game again. "My friends are constantly posting nonsense food pictures!" Get better friends.

Since the Friday thread is still locked, this goes here:  I have an interview on Tues. next week!!!  :D  The woman my boss referred me to finally got back to me (after almost three weeks!) and I'm going to meet her.  She has a couple of opening at the new institution, so we're going to talk about the different options and see if anything is a good fit.  Fingers crossed!

Since the Friday thread is still locked, this goes here: I have an interview on Tues. next week!!! :D The woman my boss referred me to finally got back to me (after almost three weeks!) and I'm going to meet her. She has a couple of opening at the new institution, so we're going to talk about the different options and see if anything is a good fit. Fingers crossed!

:thumbsup:

The House of Mercy in Rochester.

Sister Grace, Sister Rita, and the team there do an amazing job trying to care for the homeless who have fallen through the cracks. They are tireless and dedicated to others, the weakest among us: the mentally ill, disabled, drug addicted, etc.

We came into contact with them last year when a tent city in Rochester was demolished by the City, without warning, 3 days before Christmas. My wife and I offered to upgrade their website pro-bono. We launched the new site this week: houseofmercyrochester.org

If you're interested in a much needed, super easy way to help out the homeless in Rochester, click through to their Amazon Wishlist and buy some socks for them. 

Edited by Whiskey Bottle of Emotion

Sister Grace, Sister Rita, and the team there do an amazing job trying to care for the homeless who have fallen through the cracks. They are tireless and dedicated to others, the weakest among us: the mentally ill, disabled, drug addicted, etc.

We came into contact with them last year when a tent city in Rochester was demolished by the City, without warning, 3 days before Christmas. My wife and I offered to upgrade their website pro-bono. We launched the new site this week: houseofmercyrochester.org

If you're interested in a much needed, super easy way to help out the homeless in Rochester, click through to their Amazon Wishlist and buy some socks for them.

They do wonderful work with so few resources. I put what I could towards helping them buy that second building when the city kicked everyone out of tent city right when winter was getting into full swing.

If you're ever in Rochester and looking to be humbled, head down to the shelter. You'll forget you ever had problems.

Good stuff right there.

Since the Friday thread is still locked, this goes here:  I have an interview on Tues. next week!!!   :D  The woman my boss referred me to finally got back to me (after almost three weeks!) and I'm going to meet her.  She has a couple of opening at the new institution, so we're going to talk about the different options and see if anything is a good fit.  Fingers crossed!

Good luck.

Good man.

I've made my Rochester media connections aware of the new site. They'll help get the word out. :thumbsup:

So inkman knows?

Since the Friday thread is still locked, this goes here: I have an interview on Tues. next week!!! :D The woman my boss referred me to finally got back to me (after almost three weeks!) and I'm going to meet her. She has a couple of opening at the new institution, so we're going to talk about the different options and see if anything is a good fit. Fingers crossed!

Great news!