Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

If we're talking about movies: The Interview blew away my expectations. It was one of the funniest movies I've seen in recent years. Laughed almost the entire time. Franco and Rogan are today's best mainstream comedy (not a hard feat).

I also really enjoyed Neighbors for those who haven't seen it yet.

Really? I thought it was one of the worst comedies I have seen in a long time. Rediculous premise and too much over the top/irreverent comments.

Different strokes for different folks I guess... :unsure:

Really? I thought it was one of the worst comedies I have seen in a long time. Rediculous premise and too much over the top/irreverent comments.

Different strokes for different folks I guess... :unsure:

Yea I don't watch comedies for their story.

Yea I don't watch comedies for their story.

Me either. I just didn't find myself laughing very often. I understand comedies aren't going to be academy award winning writing, but it felt more insulting than comedy to me. If you want to laugh at North Korea and Kim Jong Un, then more power to you, but you won't get my laugh just on that premise alone.

Me either. I just didn't find myself laughing very often. I understand comedies aren't going to be academy award winning writing, but it felt more insulting than comedy to me. If you want to laugh at North Korea and Kim Jong Un, then more power to you, but you won't get my laugh just on that premise alone.

I guess I just found their antics throughout to be entertaining. I thought the situation surrounding the movie would make it hard to like, but I enjoyed it.

I scored my first goal last night! I know it doesn't really seem all that impressive, but after getting loads of assists, I was beginning to think I'd never get one myself. And the first night of the session, I did! It was a beauty too, not just a garbage rebound slam it in/force it past the goalie deal. I really blame the new stick d4rk got me for xmas- the curve is great, the stick is lighter overall, and the shaft is a bit longer than I usually play with. I've had accuracy for a while, I just needed to lift that puck.

It's kind of scary how good of a mood it has put me in. Damn I love hockey.

I started my new job today. It was great and wonderful and I am really excited to take it on.

But what's Awesome is, when I got home, while I was giving Ollie his regular afternoon high fives, he looked my right in the eye and said, "How was work dad?"

I responded, "It was good, I have a great new job."

And he said, "That's nice dad."

It's the first completely novel, not scripted, conversation I've ever had with him in 3 and a half years. My heart could not be happier right now!

:) :) :) :D :D :D :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Very cool. And congrats.

I scored my first goal last night! I know it doesn't really seem all that impressive, but after getting loads of assists, I was beginning to think I'd never get one myself. And the first night of the session, I did! It was a beauty too, not just a garbage rebound slam it in/force it past the goalie deal. I really blame the new stick d4rk got me for xmas- the curve is great, the stick is lighter overall, and the shaft is a bit longer than I usually play with. I've had accuracy for a while, I just needed to lift that puck.

Proud of youuuuuuu

That's awesome!

Snowpiercer. It's free on Netflix, and it's awesome. Stars the guy from Captain America, he leads a revolt against the upper class on a self-sustaining train that contains the only people left in the world after an apocalypse

Watched it. I was pretty lukewarm on it.

The final use of the drug was extremely predictable. I had it pegged the second they started accumulating more of it.

Watched it. I was pretty lukewarm on it.

The final use of the drug was extremely predictable. I had it pegged the second they started accumulating more of it.

I liked it up until...

that ending actually. They tell you it's explosive, so it's no surprise they blow something up with it. I was hoping more that they would have just blown a small hole out, the two guys and his daughter at the end, and went to see if everything was melting or not yet. The action scenes were great though

They also have a real nice documentary on the LHC on netflix too

I liked it up until...

that ending actually. They tell you it's explosive, so it's no surprise they blow something up with it. I was hoping more that they would have just blown a small hole out, the two guys and his daughter at the end, and went to see if everything was melting or not yet. The action scenes were great though

They also have a real nice documentary on the LHC on netflix too

But what were they ever going to do at the end? There's two people left alive on the entire earth? And there's no food? Society is over? Or Eskimos?

Edited by Tank

But what actually were they going to do at the end? I don't wanna spoiler tag so I'll state that as generically as possible.

Not following you. If their plan to

blow up the gate and check out if it was really warming up outside

worked? They'd probably die haha. But I think a lot of it has to do with a need to just know. There's no way

they would survive long enough to ever find out if it was warming up. The polar bear at the end makes it seem like it is, but even so they have no food and no shelter to live long enough to find out, let alone rebuild everything

I'm not sure how I feel about the end yet.

I guess I just found their antics throughout to be entertaining. I thought the situation surrounding the movie would make it hard to like, but I enjoyed it.

I don't know if it was my mood or the influence of alcohol but I laughed my balls off especially the first 1/2 of the movie.

Snowpiercer. It's free on Netflix, and it's awesome. Stars the guy from Captain America, he leads a revolt against the upper class on a self-sustaining train that contains the only people left in the world after an apocalypse

I watched it last night and I don't know why, but I liked it. I was kinda like The Matrix,... but on a train. :blink:

Edited by SwampD