Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

You know what would be awesome?

Carfax for people.

Spoiler alert: Every single human being is, to admittedly varying degrees, a broken, messed-up, idiosyncratic individual who will, from time to time, drive you batsh!t insane and make you wonder why on earth you ever agreed to marry them.

The foundation of marriage ain't happiness -- it's commitment. The former can and should flow from the latter.

Reminds me of a couple of old jokes:

Husband and Wife have been married for 54 years. In an interview, a local reporter asks the Husband to disclose the secret to a long, successful marriage. Husband reflects for a moment and then says simply, "Don't get divorced, I guess."

Q: Grandma, you and Grandpa had been married for 52 years when he passed away last year. Was there ever a time that one of you considered divorce?

A: Divorce, never. Homicide, occasionally.

Edited by That Aud Smell

John Paul was sort of a new name.

Sort of. Interestingly, Those popes chose the names of two saints who led through words.

St. Francis calls for leadership through action. He is attributed, possible in error, with saying, "preach the Gospel always; if necessary, use words."

Habemus Papam!!!

This is certainly not awesome, but didn't know where else to put it and we were talking about the new Pope ...

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...llegations.html

Poor guy has been Pope for two days and they have already started with the BS. Can't they leave the guy alone.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Patience. I got an email from an online golf equipment vendor last week saying I could save $100 on any order over $500. As I am shopping for a new set of irons, I tried to order them from the vendor.....nope, that particular set of irons was not eligible for the discount. Since the weather still sucks, I thought I'd wait for a bit before taking the plunge. Got an email today from a different vendor with the same deal + free shipping. Went ahead with the order....ka-ching! The discount went through!. With the free shipping, I probably saved about $115 total just by waiting a week. Now, if we could just get the friggin' weather to cooperate..... :angry:

Acronis.

Computer crashed last week. Once I finally stopped being stubborn and admitted the hard drive was dead, I managed to get a new hard drive totally loaded with everything I'd had on the machine in about 1 day's time. (If the computer goes down again, I should be able to get everything back in 2-4 hours now that I know what I'm doing.) Had everything backed up to within 5 minutes of the crash and it all works again. Not only all data was saved but all programs work properly as well. :thumbsup: