Misery loves company?

LabattBlue

I have noticed a significant rise of new members, most likely because of all the Tim Connolly avatars. I think its simple: when they're winning, there's really nothing to vent about. Listen to any post game on WGR when they win, it's all non sense from the callers.

But when they're losing, people need a place to vent. Instead of making the effort of calling into WGR and all that, they can just sign-up here real quick and say as much as they want.

Speaking as one of the newbies, for me anyway it's not so much I need a place to vent, as I need a place to really discuss the team. Most of my friends are hockey fans, but they're not really into dissecting what's going on and options for the future and things of that nature, just the relatively shallow and face-level stuff that casual fans are into. I enjoy a more in depth back and forth with good information and whatnot, which is much easier to achieve on a message board than when you're several pitchers in at a bar.

I have no problem with anyone posting anything... the board is mostly opinion-based and most of us don't know nearly as much about hockey as we think. :D My only issue is historically this board has been far more civil that any other sports-related message board that I've seen (thanks, mods). People disagree, but it rarely degrades into name calling like you see on other sites. So I hope that continues to be the case...

I have no problem with anyone posting anything... the board is mostly opinion-based and most of us don't know nearly as much about hockey as we think. :D My only issue is historically this board has been far more civil that any other sports-related message board that I've seen (thanks, mods). People disagree, but it rarely degrades into name calling like you see on other sites. So I hope that continues to be the case...

Your momma wears army boots.

Speaking as one of the newbies, for me anyway it's not so much I need a place to vent, as I need a place to really discuss the team. Most of my friends are hockey fans, but they're not really into dissecting what's going on and options for the future and things of that nature, just the relatively shallow and face-level stuff that casual fans are into. I enjoy a more in depth back and forth with good information and whatnot, which is much easier to achieve on a message board than when you're several pitchers in at a bar.

As one of the newbies I agree with this as well. I just need a place to discuss the sabres deeper then speaking with my friends who know little about them. It is a great place to read gossip and hear other people's thought on the team and so on.

Archived