What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I'm going to fry 4 pounds of bacon in pure lard, then wrap it around 2 giant veal breasts....make French toast out of 2 loaves of sourdough with a dozen super jumbo double yoke eggs....then take said toast and mix it with a pound of deep fried provolone cheese....stuff the veal breasts....and eat it all in one sitting just so I can get the taste of this filthy, PETA loving thread....out of my mouth.....

Thanks. I don't care if I have to give up my Man Card, I'm going to try the first recipe. Who's with me, fellas?

I'm going to fry 4 pounds of bacon in pure lard, then wrap it around 2 giant veal breasts....make French toast out of 2 loaves of sourdough with a dozen super jumbo double yoke eggs....then take said toast and mix it with a pound of deep fried provolone cheese....stuff the veal breasts....and eat it all in one sitting just so I can get the taste of this filthy, PETA loving thread....out of my mouth.....

So... no, then?

Veal have breasts?

You should use bald eagle eggs instead. They taste just like freedom. Then wash it all down with the tears of Indians and the blood of baby seals. Edited by Drunkard

hey bio, how do you say quinoa? I'm afraid I've been butchering it.

I say Kee-no-wah, but I don't know if that's really right. Speaking of which, I'm having Wegman's Seasoned Brown Rice and Quinoa out of a packet with half a bag of peas for lunch right now.

keen'-wah

I wish it hadn't tripled in price from about 5 years ago.

Tripled in price and I've read a couple places that Bolivia, where it's mostly grown, has had some issues with the recent obsession. Turning llama grazing land in to more quinoa crop fields, which is screwing up the soil, and upsetting a rather fragile ecosystem. I don't know the details, if someone else knows more or has a handy link to better information, have at it.

So GoDD, by not eating namby pamby quinoa, you're saving the llamas, you big ol' big hearted person, you. :)

Tripled in price and I've read a couple places that Bolivia, where it's mostly grown, has had some issues with the recent obsession. Turning llama grazing land in to more quinoa crop fields, which is screwing up the soil, and upsetting a rather fragile ecosystem. I don't know the details, if someone else knows more or has a handy link to better information, have at it.

So GoDD, by not eating namby pamby quinoa, you're saving the llamas, you big ol' big hearted person, you. :)

I've eaten ostrich which is delicious actually....but never a llama.

I'm not necessarily against namby pamby....it's "trendy" namby pamby. Why am I going to pay $5 a pound for a second class grain that needs to be washed when I can pay $5 for a pound of shrimp or a dozen cherrystones?

I'm not necessarily against namby pamby....it's "trendy" namby pamby. Why am I going to pay $5 a pound for a second class grain that needs to be washed when I can pay $5 for a pound of shrimp or a dozen cherrystones?

Oh I totally agree with you. I bought a smallish bag of quinoa to see what the fuss is about and still haven't finished it off for reasons I stated somewhere up above. I'm all for people discovering different foods, I'm just slow on the uptake/a cheapskate.

And ostrich is good. So's emu. I like making bison sloppy joes. Or bison burgers with some sage and homemade tzatziki. Haven't done that in awhile. Usually cheaper to just buy a big slab of cow.

Oh I totally agree with you. I bought a smallish bag of quinoa to see what the fuss is about and still haven't finished it off for reasons I stated somewhere up above. I'm all for people discovering different foods, I'm just slow on the uptake/a cheapskate.

And ostrich is good. So's emu. I like making bison sloppy joes. Or bison burgers with some sage and homemade tzatziki. Haven't done that in awhile. Usually cheaper to just buy a big slab of cow.

Very nice....I like Bison, but it is so easy to dry it out...and that's another one that has gotten popular.

I'm sort of ashamed to admit I have had kangaroo and loved it. They seem so bright eyed and sweet.

If there are 2 animals that deserve to be eaten, it would be the peacock and Mahi-mahi. Dolphin (the fish), are about as stupid as it comes. "Oh look, my buddy just ate a piece of chum on a 4 inch metal thingy and disappeared forever....that looks like fun! How about we all do it?

I can find beauty in pretty much any animal.....but a NYC sewer rat has more of a right to live than a peacock. A peacock is like a 105lb blonde with an 80 IQ. Those feathers are the only reason it hasn't become extinct.....

Very nice....I like Bison, but it is so easy to dry it out...and that's another one that has gotten popular.

I'm sort of ashamed to admit I have had kangaroo and loved it. They seem so bright eyed and sweet.

If there are 2 animals that deserve to be eaten, it would be the peacock and Mahi-mahi. Dolphin (the fish), are about as stupid as it comes. "Oh look, my buddy just ate a piece of chum on a 4 inch metal thingy and disappeared forever....that looks like fun! How about we all do it?

I can find beauty in pretty much any animal.....but a NYC sewer rat has more of a right to live than a peacock. A peacock is like a 105lb blonde with an 80 IQ. Those feathers are the only reason it hasn't become extinct.....

Every animal is food. All of them.

Kangaroo- my parents were in Australia for awhile and my mum couldn't bring herself to do it more than once. They're everywhere, and you can buy roo burgers in McDonald's and roo steaks in restaurants. Both my parents said it's really not that different from most meat, it's a little tougher and gamier than your average beef, but that's what you expect. She just felt weird going to a nature preserve, watching big roos and little roos bounce around and then tucking into kanga stew for dinner.

But then, I've done that at Yellowstone with elk and fuzzy creatures...

and yeah, peacocks... I really don't understand their reason for existing, other than to yell a lot and poop on things. Admittedly, that describes a lot of the animal kingdom.... and children. Don't eat children.

Roo (I've heard) are considered on the same level as deer over in AUS: public nuisance that wreck cars. Those silly bars on the front of cars are referred to "roo bars". The kangaroo leather on my gloves are nice though, they have more abrasion resistance for the same thickness. I've had a kangaroo burger, it was good like all the other non-cow burgers (bison, ostrich, etc.).

Roo (I've heard) are considered on the same level as deer over in AUS: public nuisance that wreck cars. Those silly bars on the front of cars are referred to "roo bars". The kangaroo leather on my gloves are nice though, they have more abrasion resistance for the same thickness. I've had a kangaroo burger, it was good like all the other non-cow burgers (bison, ostrich, etc.).

That's exactly it. Those suckers get huge, too. And when surging with hormones in that special time of the year, they may think that taking on a speeding car is a worthy/manageable opponent.

hey bio, how do you say quinoa? I'm afraid I've been butchering it.

keen'-wah

I wish it hadn't tripled in price from about 5 years ago.

Eleven beat me to it.

Maybe it is "trendy" in a sense, but quinoa is a great pasta-like alternative for Celiacs, and a very good source of protein for vegetarians and other people who just don't eat a lot of animal products. I fall in the latter category since I have to watch my saturated fat intake, but no reason you can't enjoy quinoa AND veal. ;)

Maybe it is "trendy" in a sense, but quinoa is a great pasta-like alternative for Celiacs, and a very good source of protein for vegetarians and other people who just don't eat a lot of animal products. I fall in the latter category since I have to watch my saturated fat intake, but no reason you can't enjoy quinoa AND veal. ;)

Close enough!

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/beef-and-quinoa-meatballs

i'm trying to take out the possum that keeps nosing around my man cave at night. I've heard they can be good eating if prepared properly.

I'd think a low temperature wet cooking method.

Kangaroo is great. I've had it a few different ways, but 'roo fajitas were my personal favorite. Also quite good was a camel steak I had in Dubai. I had donkey in China, and that was pretty gross. Antelope isn't bad either, somewhere between venison and bison, if that makes any sense.

i'm trying to take out the possum that keeps nosing around my man cave at night. I've heard they can be good eating if prepared properly.

My step-sister's Dad is a total backwoods redneck from small town, no stop light NC. Almost every stereotype you can come up with is true, including that he's a racist illiterate drunk. That said, the man can cook some critters. He makes a mean beaver stew, and loves to catch some "cooters," and fry them up. Yes, beaver and cooter in the same sentence.

I've never tried possum. I have cooked up a woodchuck in the past. Can't really say there was much to recommend it.

Kangaroo is great. I've had it a few different ways, but 'roo fajitas were my personal favorite. Also quite good was a camel steak I had in Dubai. I had donkey in China, and that was pretty gross. Antelope isn't bad either, somewhere between venison and bison, if that makes any sense.

Antelope is interesting stuff. They are goats really, and between that and their high plains diet, they can be rather strongly flavored. I'd take venison or bison over antelope all day, but antelope isn't bad. Just different.

I was trying to remember the other "game" burger I had, and it was camel. Quite good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.