What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Ha. Hey--a new game restaurant opened in downtown Buffalo a couple of months ago. It's in the premises formerly occupied by City Grill. It's called Archer. I'll bet you'd like it.

Cool. I'll have to check out their menu. Add another to the long list of places to check out the 2 or 3 times a year I manage to get into the city.

Not really. Turkey always > Chicken, but smoking them just makes it moreso. Turkey just has more flavor.

I ordered a smoked turkey from New Braunfells smokehouse a few years ago on an after Christmas discount, and it was awesome. The only problem was, I ate it all week and gave myself a mild case of gout.

I ordered a smoked turkey from New Braunfells smokehouse a few years ago on an after Christmas discount, and it was awesome. The only problem was, I ate it all week and gave myself a mild case of gout.

I have a New Braunfels smoker on my patio. If I was susceptible to gout my Summers would be insufferable. I had over 35lbs of pork and chicken on the smoker last weekend.

I have a New Braunfels smoker on my patio. If I was susceptible to gout my Summers would be insufferable. I had over 35lbs of pork and chicken on the smoker last weekend.

I just overdid it. a 17lb turkey probably put out 11-12lbs of meat that I killed in less than a week. Never had a full blown disaster, but shrimp/clams can get me ginger. It took me a few days to figure out what happened with the turkey. No clue that could trigger it.

NBsmokehouse is great if you can't do your own or for gifts. Just a solid A-/B+ for most of their stuff at halfway decent prices.

We hit up a place near me called the Creekside Inn in Rush. Very very good fish fry. And very busy. Apparently fish fry is their thing and everyone knows it.

Didn't know you are near Rush. I used to work just a couple miles from the Creekside Inn. Never been there myself but alot of my old co-workers used to be Friday lunch regulars there.

• 2 weeks later...

Stumbled across a good deal on racks of beef spare ribs. Basically, they are the leftover ribs and attached meat when boneless prime rib roasts are cut. Found them in the bin labeled $2.99/lb. SOLD! Grabbed the meatiest looking two racks. Got them all rubbed up this morning and marinating in the fridge. Smoker gets fired up right after lunch.

Gonna smoke those two racks AND two racks of pork spare ribs, and a big pot of baked beans. Will nab a bundle of asparagus to serve with it. If the beer doesn't flow too heavily I'll have to whip up some corn bread too.

Looks like it is turning into a nice Spring day for smokin and drinkin and eatin!

I got the blue box blues. Kraft dinner for you Canadians out there. Just made lunch with the boy as part of his science fair project on Boiling points (any science project that lets me eat Mac and cheese is cool with me).

Beer can chicken for dinner. Dry rubbed chicken, beer, stuffing, potatoes. Mmmm, hues I shoukd throw a vegetable in there somewhere.

I had my first Mighty Taco today. Soft white taco, "beef," mild sauce, sour cream. Do you have to be drunk to enjoy one of these? It was perfectly acceptable — minus the meat. It's exactly what I imagine Ikea horse meatball meat would look and taste like. It was just… weird.

Having been bombarded with those Mighty Taco commercials for seemingly decades, I think I expected something really good.

I had my first Mighty Taco today. Soft white taco, "beef," mild sauce, sour cream. Do you have to be drunk to enjoy one of these? It was perfectly acceptable — minus the meat. It's exactly what I imagine Ikea horse meatball meat would look and taste like. It was just… weird.

Having been bombarded with those Mighty Taco commercials for seemingly decades, I think I expected something really good.

You have to be nearer your teens or drunk to really enjoy Mighty Taco.

You missed the whole point. You're not really supposed to enjoy them.

You are supposed to tell everyone that they are the best and that you can't wait to eat more. It's part of the WNY compact.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.