What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Birthday dinner for my wife. We are at an old historic building ( built in 1820) that used to be a restaurant/tavern that burned to a total loss years ago, and bought and restored over the last 10 years. Reopened a couple months ago as a fancy-shmancy restaurant.

The place is gorgeous. The food delicious. The service excellent. And now we are enjoying an early Fall evening on their patio overlooking a waterfall listening to a really good jazz trio. Fantastic.

Oh, food and drink...... Dinner was a seared duck breast over a bed of quinoa and veggies, with a cherry gastric.

Bulleit bourbon, rocks, and jazz now.

Eating the single chicken finger my daughter didn't finish. Half of it in one piece, the rest pre-cut. Good to see we're both livin' the good life.

Edited by MattPie

• 2 weeks later...

So Walgreens has 15 packs of lime Perrier for like six or seven bucks.  I feel *very* sophisticated and I don't get yelled at when my girlfriend comes over.  Also, they help me burp.

And I do mean *very* sophisticated.  Please pardon me while I change into a suit.

So Walgreens has 15 packs of lime Perrier for like six or seven bucks.  I feel *very* sophisticated and I don't get yelled at when my girlfriend comes over.  Also, they help me burp.

And I do mean *very* sophisticated.  Please pardon me while I change into a suit.

Makes a pretty good base for a Mojito type drink as well.

No suit required.

So Walgreens has 15 packs of lime Perrier for like six or seven bucks. I feel *very* sophisticated and I don't get yelled at when my girlfriend comes over. Also, they help me burp.

And I do mean *very* sophisticated. Please pardon me while I change into a suit.

I'm picturing the scene in Caddyshack.

• 3 weeks later...

I just made myself chicken parmesan over a bed of spaghetti with a glass of red wine(I don't drink wine at all, but it just seemed right). It was quite incredible.

There's at least 4 local restaurants here that don't serve chicken parmesan with the spaghetti. How can that be? They just bring out the chicken. You have to ask for the spaghetti. Is this a thing anywhere else?

I had tacos for dinner, but man, I could house a meatball sandwich right now. I haven't had one in forever.

I have the opposite problem: I have them every so often, but never a truly good one. There are a lot of I-talian pizza/sub/cheesesteak places around here, but none of the have sauce I like. Maybe if I headed to Philly proper, but I'm not driving 40+ miles for a chance at a sandwich.

I have the opposite problem: I have them every so often, but never a truly good one. There are a lot of I-talian pizza/sub/cheesesteak places around here, but none of the have sauce I like. Maybe if I headed to Philly proper, but I'm not driving 40+ miles for a chance at a sandwich.

Good grief, no good meatball subs? Do you live in a food desert?

Good grief, no good meatball subs? Do you live in a food desert?

He lives in Pennsylvania. The Italian American cuisine is, um....lacking. I don't get down his way much, but if it's anything like up my way, if it ain't Polish, they ain't making it very well.

Tell ya what though, these folks round here can make the fcuk outta some potato pancakes!

He lives in Pennsylvania. The Italian American cuisine is, um....lacking. I don't get down his way much, but if it's anything like up my way, if it ain't Polish, they ain't making it very well.

Tell ya what though, these folks round here can make the fcuk outta some potato pancakes!

*Filling face with pierogi and kielbasa* I'm fine with never eating Italian food

I've had some decent Italian in Philly itself, but out here in the burbs it's really hit and miss. There are tons of places, but they mostly do that pizza that's mostly thin and bland. The any that uses red sauce is marinara, and similarly bland. It's a shame too, as a pizza chzsteak (red sauce and mozzarella in addition to the meat) would be a ton better with good sauce. Some of the I think are really Latinos; I'm not saying that's an issue other than dishes will be weirdly wrong; my wife ordered penne with vodka sauce and it had shredded cold cut ham in it. WTS.

Edited by MattPie

*Filling face with pierogi and kielbasa* I'm fine with never eating Italian food

I had pierogi and kielbasa on Wednesday night as a matter of fact. I eat that about 3 times a year.

But on Monday I made a huge batch of meatballs and a pot of sauce!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.