What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

17 hours ago, Ogre said:

My BIL, wife’s sister’s husband, has a very proud Japanese mother. The experiences he has exposed me to have turned me in to a bit of a sushi snob. I’ll eat any sushi I can get but there is nothing like a hardcore Japanese restaurant. I’ve had sashimi so fresh that it’s still flexing on the plate. 

Thank God for cultural diversity.

Where.. because.. sashimi... is there any place around Rochester?

5 hours ago, LTS said:

Where.. because.. sashimi... is there any place around Rochester?

Unfortunately(for many reasons) my BIL is from Boston. He’s taken us to some great spots in both Chicago and Boston. I have no doubt there’s a good place here, I just don’t know it. 

The sashimi in Boston was far better. It was so fresh that it didn’t know it was dead yet.

On 8/17/2018 at 7:02 PM, Ogre said:

Unfortunately(for many reasons) my BIL is from Boston. He’s taken us to some great spots in both Chicago and Boston. I have no doubt there’s a good place here, I just don’t know it. 

The sashimi in Boston was far better. It was so fresh that it didn’t know it was dead yet.

Believe it... totally.

On 7/10/2018 at 6:14 AM, Weave said:

What is the Utica Boilermaker?

Sorry I missed this! It's a 15k road race that takes place in Utica, NY ending at the Matt brewery where we all listen to the band, drink tons Saranac Haus lager and Utica Club.

• 3 weeks later...

Chicken rubbed with barbecue spices, sautéed, and then simmered in a hot sauce glaze.  Purple cabbage cole slaw with just enough mayo to make it cole slaw but still crisp.  Corn off the cob (it was supposed to be corn on the cob but I'm smart) with honey butter and then sautéed in the fond from the chicken.

Foodgasm.

Also, I like the fact that the new interface puts the accent on "sautéed."  Classy.

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Clearly you messed up making the lamb.

Nope, I never screw up. Ever! Lol.

Turns out regulations on age of the animal is pretty non existent in the US. I'm fairly certain this stinky beast was just mutton. What a smell...

11 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Nope, I never screw up. Ever! Lol.

Turns out regulations on age of the animal is pretty non existent in the US. I'm fairly certain this stinky beast was just mutton. What a smell...

That's a damn shame. Josie had some lamb in Wyoming that was maybe the best I've ever tasted. 

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

That's a damn shame. Josie had some lamb in Wyoming that was maybe the best I've ever tasted. 

I've had lamb lollipops as wedding hors d'oeuvres at a classy joint and they were quite amazing. I'm just never making it again.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, N S said:

No.

Also - AWESOME!!

It's quite possibly the best episode ever. I love the scene in Henry's office when Radar tells him he signed discharge papers for the lamb. "I may be losing my mind. I signed discharge papers for a sheep." Wayne Rogers is starting to lose it and they leave it in the scene.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got done cleaning up after making my family buttermilk pancakes on this fine morning. My wife and kid were over the moon for them, they both had seconds. And ya know what? Pancakes suck. They do! They're way worse than waffles, and not in the same league as French toast. Omelettes completely destroy them, so do scrambled, sunny side up, over easy and fried egg sandwiches. Man! Pancakes blow. The only worse breakfast foods are possibly oatmeal and definitely grits. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.