What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Gettin my fancy on this evening.  Mother in Law's birthday.  Classin' up the meal for it.

Making a variation on Boeuf Bourguignon.  Yesterday evening I braised about 4lbs of chuck roast cut into 2" cubes in Cabernet Sauvignon with some aromatics.  After braising until tender I poured the braising liquid into a fat separator to get the extra grease out.  Earlier today I simmered that braising liquid to reduce it by about 50% in volume, added a little tomato paste and Worchestershire sauce, and whisked in 1 Tbls of butter to emulsify it.  The resulting sauce is downright dreamy.  Rich, and flavorful.  I'll slowly reheat the meat in the sauce, and serve it over parmesan polenta with asparagus on the side.  Debating making a Hollandaise sauce for the asparagus.

Classic French cooking without the surrender flag.

That's what I'm gathering from the various reviews. Now to find the "good" stuff. I don't want this watered down American market crap. 

I don't remember what I had, but I'd bet it was watered down American Market. Yum! :)

• 3 months later...

Sweet Italian sausage, cubanelle peppers, Vidalia onion, provolone cheese on a soft, warm bun. , it smells good in my house right now! Had a light spinach and black olive salad with some of my cherry tomatoes, feta and some homemade Italian dressing. Just followed up with a glass of Woodford reserve. Good eats.

• 2 weeks later...

Summer dinners..........Mmmmm........

Adobo marinated center cut pork chops, grilled to medium, sweet corn (OMG SWEEEEET CORN!), sauteed zucchini and summer squash.  Ice cold lemonade.  And finishing it all off with warm, out of the oven, blueberry and raspberry cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

The last pour of my cherished bottle of Weller 12 yr to follow shortly.

Summer dinners..........Mmmmm........

Adobo marinated center cut pork chops, grilled to medium, sweet corn (OMG SWEEEEET CORN!), sauteed zucchini and summer squash.  Ice cold lemonade.  And finishing it all off with warm, out of the oven, blueberry and raspberry cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

The last pour of my cherished bottle of Weller 12 yr to follow shortly.

Not a desert guy but man the rest sounds deeeeeeeelicious!

Ribeyes, the finest cut of meat ever imagined.

Baby back ribs are the only thing that even comes close.

Matter of fact, I think I'll make ribs tomorrow.

Chuck eye has the potential to be nearly as good at a third the price. Any meat lover would be able to eyeball the amount of chuck to eye in the cut. The trick is finding a place that has it. I grew up on a small beef farm. Eye is the best. Dad didn't mess with the ribs though. They went to the pigs. I smoked a full rack two weekends ago with cherry wood. Giggidy.

Bone in pork chops, corn on the cob and salt potatoes. I really love summer.

iT, I found chuck eye steaks today. I'll pick some up next week or so. I will want em fresh.

Mmm put some shake n bake on them pork chops and you're speaking my language!

iT, I found chuck eye steaks today. I'll pick some up next week or so. I will want em fresh.

I buy them whenever I find them. They're hard to find. They're from the fifth rib where the chuck and eye muscle overlap. I don't remember the real name of the muscle groups and Fred isn't available to ask. There's only two chuck eyes per animal and depending on the individual they may make it as one cut or the other. If you find a butcher that has them on a regular basis then you've found a damn good butcher, my friend.

I'm searing two giant well aged T-bone on the grill. These things have my eyes popping out of head! I have a mix of green beans, onions, and sweet banana peppers topped off with spinach in foil to roast on the side. Everything is from the gardens. I've been doing so well that I've been stuffing myself with homegrown. Squash, cukes, peppers, beans, peas, beet greens, spinach...who have I forgotten?

If there would have been another inch of filet on those buggers they would have been porterhouse. That filet was so tender and the fat melted in your mouth. I usually stay away from fat unless it's the filet side of a cut.

I wish I'd paid closer attention to Fred's lessons on beef. If I had I would raise some and butcher and age my own.

T-bones here for us as well.

We have a BJ's membership. The BJs nearest us has a really solid meat selection. We've shopped there for 15 yrs and I can't recall a bad cut of meat coming from their counter. We go there on Saturdays because they have an unadvertised meat special every Saturday. And you don't have to purchase in large quantities. They'll cut to order.

So today we drove in looking for dinner. And there they were, tucked in the back of the cooler..... drawing me in like a moth to flame. 2 well marbled T-bones at least 2 inches thick. Weight of the two was just shy of 4 lbs. And did I mention well marbled? These monstrocities are special occassion steaks.

So..... now we have to decide what to make with these beauties. Oh look. The seafood section. And lobster tails. How convenient. Like a trap set specifically for me.

And on the way home, fresh picked corn.

Its gonna be a helluva dinner.

Can you say gout flare up? Sure you can.

Ohhhhh man! Picked up 4 large Gianelli sausages. If I'm going to have a sausage, I'd prefer Gianelli's. *giggidy*

Grilled all 4 until browned then cut up one in a cast iron skillet with homegrown. 2 green peppers, 1 purple, 3 sweet banana, 1 summer squash, beet greens and spinach. A tbsp of Mrs. Dash. My last dash of it. I let the other 3 finish on the bed of homegrown.

Plenty left for lunch tomorrow. Best part? No carbs. I'm leaving those to beers. I did some research and it seems that Natty Ice has the lowest calorie to alcohol ratio. I'm not ashamed either. I'm never ashamed to have a buzz.

Oh btw, We've. Gout is well worth eating like a king. Every. Single. Time.

Oh btw, We've. Gout is well worth eating like a king. Every. Single. Time.

It hasn't stopped me yet.

And beet greens.  Oh, man.  Love em.  Had them yesterday.  We get them cheaply here.  Most of the farm stands around here that sell beets separate the greens because noone wants them. Yes, please.  I'll have theirs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.