What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

• 1 month later...

I had to get a pick and shovel to find this ting.

At the intersection of Rte 5n20 and 64 is a little place called Irish Mafia Brewery. If you frequent Bristol Mtn from the city you go right by the place. They don’t brew on site. They’re associated with another local brewing company and brew there. I’m familiar with the owner but not enough to ask a bunch of questions.

Their brew is good. Their atmosphere is even better. Come in. Have a drink. Watch a game. Are you hungry?

I have a 5n20 burger every time. It’s a black n blue burger but it dressed for success. Large lower bun with the shredded lettuce/onion on the bottom, under the burger that wears those slices of bacon like a prince wearing a crown, stuffed full of fresh melted blue cheese.

My side? Tater tots. Golden fried to crispy wonderfulness. Deep fried. Deeeeep fried. I started with the Irish onion soup. That dose of stout in the soup gives the deep flavor of onion soup a richer approach.

For the middle of nowhere, five minutes from my house, I’m enamored with this place. Scampered home with a growler of Mighty Ego.

• 1 month later...

Back around Christmas I had a Dr. visit that didn't go well.  My blood glucose level had risen my last 3 visits and he used the word diabetes.  My weight was at an all time high.  It was time to make some changes.

I've been a real good boy since.  Starchy and/or sugary things are only a seldom treat now.  2 weeks ago I saw the doc again.  16 lbs lighter, blood glucose level going down.  Across the board better numbers.

I'd like to think that after 6 months I've made a real lifestyle change.  Tonight's dinner was Creole spiced baked grouper, garlicky beans and greens, and a Mediterranean bean salad.  And I enjoyed it as much as I enjoy those carb laden barbeque feasts I usually made on Sundays this time of year.

I'm actually putting that big, beautiful smoker of mine up for sale when we return from vacation after the 4th.

Back around Christmas I had a Dr. visit that didn't go well. My blood glucose level had risen my last 3 visits and he used the word diabetes. My weight was at an all time high. It was time to make some changes.

I've been a real good boy since. Starchy and/or sugary things are only a seldom treat now. 2 weeks ago I saw the doc again. 16 lbs lighter, blood glucose level going down. Across the board better numbers.

I'd like to think that after 6 months I've made a real lifestyle change. Tonight's dinner was Creole spiced baked grouper, garlicky beans and greens, and a Mediterranean bean salad. And I enjoyed it as much as I enjoy those carb laden barbeque feasts I usually made on Sundays this time of year.

I'm actually putting that big, beautiful smoker of mine up for sale when we return from vacation after the 4th.

This is good news!

I'm drinking a Zima.

Yep.

I bought a 6er of it.

Oh, I watered down with vodka and some seltzer.

I like it.

Shut up.

When I was in college original Zima still existed. We used to play the worst drinking game of all times, a derivation of Edward Fortyhands called Edward Zimahands. 4 Zimas, 2 open at a time.

When I was in college original Zima still existed. We used to play the worst drinking game of all times, a derivation of Edward Fortyhands called Edward Zimahands. 4 Zimas, 2 open at a time.

:lol:

I have never heard of Edward Fortyhands. There is no way I don't play it this summer.

Forties are a completely underappreciated means of drinking.

:lol:

I have never heard of Edward Fortyhands. There is no way I don't play it this summer.

Forties are a completely underappreciated means of drinking.

I haven't had a forty in years. I might have to hit up a gas station tomorrow on the way home from some disc golf.

Gotta find my blue bandana to tie around it though...

I haven't had a forty in years. I might have to hit up a gas station tomorrow on the way home from some disc golf.

Gotta find my blue bandana to tie around it though...

Drank out of one last night. Playoff game tradition, apparently. I'm new to this team.

We lost.

Not sure what to make of that.

Drank out of one last night. Playoff game tradition, apparently. I'm new to this team.

We lost.

Not sure what to make of that.

My team drinks OE and/or Mickey's grenades in the dressing room before the championship game and then out of the cup when we win it. 3x champs, baby. Malt liquor works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Picking up from our favorite local sushi joint.  Food Channel’s Alton Brown at the Bar.

My BIL, wife’s sister’s husband, has a very proud Japanese mother. The experiences he has exposed me to have turned me in to a bit of a sushi snob. I’ll eat any sushi I can get but there is nothing like a hardcore Japanese restaurant. I’ve had sashimi so fresh that it’s still flexing on the plate. 

Thank God for cultural diversity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.