What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I just had the worst breakfast possible. I had ordered a chocolate / caramel tart from Left Bank the other night and it was in the fridge.

###### that was amazing.

I am dreading working it off, though.

I had a sensible bowl of rasin bran for breakfast and a salad for lunch.

....but I ate half a pig last night! That thing weighed 80 lbs.

Zucchini bread in the oven!

I like to toast zucchini bread in the toaster oven to crisp the edges. I then butter the hell out of it and add two poached eggs on top. Nice yolky poached eggs. Salt and pepper. Good God!

I am just now realizing that I should fry the bread in the butter and really caramelized the sugars before adding the eggs. Hell next batch I'm going to try it as French toast!

Edited by iTInSn

I like to toast zucchini bread in the toaster oven to crisp the edges. I then butter the hell out of it and add two poached eggs on top. Nice yolky poached eggs. Salt and pepper. Good God!

I am just now realizing that I should fry the bread in the butter and really caramelized the sugars before adding the eggs. Hell next batch I'm going to try it as French toast!

I had brunch at a restaurant here that used banana bread for French toast... amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a Shake Shack burger for the first time today; I was in Brooklyn.  (Sorry, freeman; I didn't have social time, otherwise I would have dropped you a line.)

Not quite up to the hype.  Pretty salty.  A good burger but Ted's is better.  And just to show you all that I'm not being a homer, Five Guys kicks Ted's ass.

I'm about to rid myself of this grimy city and board a plane back to sanity.  So, with respect to the second half of the title, a vodka and pineapple.  I've made major strides cutting back on the drinks, but you if you think I'm getting in an airplane without something to settle me down.

Had a Shake Shack burger for the first time today; I was in Brooklyn. (Sorry, freeman; I didn't have social time, otherwise I would have dropped you a line.)

Not quite up to the hype. Pretty salty. A good burger but Ted's is better. And just to show you all that I'm not being a homer, Five Guys kicks Ted's ass.

I'm about to rid myself of this grimy city and board a plane back to sanity. So, with respect to the second half of the title, a vodka and pineapple. I've made major strides cutting back on the drinks, but ###### you if you think I'm getting in an airplane without something to settle me down.

I really must make a trip to the city soon. Haven't been there since 2008. Maybe I'll see about getting Yankees tickets for the playoffs if they make it.

Had a Shake Shack burger for the first time today; I was in Brooklyn.  (Sorry, freeman; I didn't have social time, otherwise I would have dropped you a line.)

Not quite up to the hype.  Pretty salty.  A good burger but Ted's is better.  And just to show you all that I'm not being a homer, Five Guys kicks Ted's ass.

I'm about to rid myself of this grimy city and board a plane back to sanity.  So, with respect to the second half of the title, a vodka and pineapple.  I've made major strides cutting back on the drinks, but ###### you if you think I'm getting in an airplane without something to settle me down.

I too prefer 5 Guys to Shake shack, mostly for the breadth of toppings available and it being less greasy. Both are walking distance from my office, although the exercise/calorie/cost calculation means I don't make the trip very often.

I too prefer 5 Guys to Shake shack, mostly for the breadth of toppings available and it being less greasy. Both are walking distance from my office, although the exercise/calorie/cost calculation means I don't make the trip very often.

Wow. Did you actually say 5 Guys is less greasy than Shake Shack?! That doesn't speak well for SS, cuz I got a burger from 5G and could see through the tinfoil it was so greasy. It pretty much made me come to the decision that the only way I'm getting a burger now, is if I'm sitting on a stool and having a couple of pints with it. 

Wow. Did you actually say 5 Guys is less greasy than Shake Shack?! That doesn't speak well for SS, cuz I got a burger from 5G and could see through the tinfoil it was so greasy. It pretty much made me come to the decision that the only way I'm getting a burger now, is if I'm sitting on a stool and having a couple of pints with it. 

That was my thought as well.

Shake Shack is definitely more greasy than the Five Guys I remember.  Like a LOT more.  That said, I haven't had Five Guys other than the original locations around DC.  So if they've gotten bad after expanding, I may have to reevaluate.  

Little Tavern still down there... they were pretty bad greasy?

Birthday dinner for my wife. We are at an old historic building ( built in 1820) that used to be a restaurant/tavern that burned to a total loss years ago, and bought and restored over the last 10 years. Reopened a couple months ago as a fancy-shmancy restaurant.

The place is gorgeous. The food delicious. The service excellent. And now we are enjoying an early Fall evening on their patio overlooking a waterfall listening to a really good jazz trio. Fantastic.

Oh, food and drink...... Dinner was a seared duck breast over a bed of quinoa and veggies, with a cherry gastric.

Bulleit bourbon, rocks, and jazz now.

Birthday dinner for my wife. We are at an old historic building ( built in 1820) that used to be a restaurant/tavern that burned to a total loss years ago, and bought and restored over the last 10 years. Reopened a couple months ago as a fancy-shmancy restaurant.

The place is gorgeous. The food delicious. The service excellent. And now we are enjoying an early Fall evening on their patio overlooking a waterfall listening to a really good jazz trio. Fantastic.

Oh, food and drink...... Dinner was a seared duck breast over a bed of quinoa and veggies, with a cherry gastric.

Did they let you shoot the duck? Kidding, sounds yummy. Headed out to an oyster fest sponsored by Guinness. Irish bands, matchmakers, and plenty of Guinness. Slainte'.

Okay but what is this place called?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.