GDT: Sabres @ Leafs 1/10/12 7PM

thesportsbuff

Obviously with the way the Sabres have been playing, every game is huge. But a home and home with a division rival and team you're desperately trying to catch in the standings? I think these next two games are VITAL if the Sabres really plan on turning things around.

The Leafs have one of the best offenses in the NHL as of late, with Lupul and Kessel both hotter than a pistol. I don't think the same can be said about anybody on the Sabres. Yikes.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Should Lindy come back with Enroth tonight ? He's faced 87 shots in the last 2 games, giving up 4 goals for a save % of .954, while Miller in his last 2 games has faced 60 shots giving up 6 goals with a .898 save %. Also both teams that Enroth faced had more points than the Sabres and both teams Miller faced had less points than the Sabres. I would say that Enroth has the hot hand, but with Lindy that wouldn't make a difference, also would starting Enroth in back to back games hurt the confidence of Miller ? All that said, I would start Enroth, the team needs a win, even at the expense of bruising Miller's ego.

Lindy on wgr just said he doesn't feel any pressure that hell be fired and that hell be coaching here for a while. Just figured id share.

Big game tonight, two points all the way to the bank. I don't care who starts in net, just put up 4 goals and that will solve that quarrel!

Go Sabres

Lindy on wgr just said he doesn't feel any pressure that hell be fired and that hell be coaching here for a while. Just figured id share.

Big game tonight, two points all the way to the bank. I don't care who starts in net, just put up 4 goals and that will solve that quarrel!

Go Sabres

That's the problem, no pressure/accountability to produce results.

Leafs 4, Sabres 2, both games this week.

Sad, I used to really look forward to these game nights on my CI pkg, now not so much.

Well the DVR will be in play again tonight as I'll be keeping the scorebook at my sons basketball game. Likely get home as the game is ending, last few minutes of play or it's already over.

I will be checking the score and reading this thread before I decide to watch the DVR'd game because I will not waste my time if this is another wash, rinse, repeat, lack of performance.

Let's go Buffalo, give me something to see.

Well, if the Sabres lose both of these, it's hard to believe that there won't be either a DR firing or a trade.

However, I think the Sabres looked good against Winnipeg and are going to look good again tonight and get a W.

It sure would be nice to see Miller let in 1 goal or less.

3-1 Sabres.

Toronto has won their last 3 games(all at home), and have scored 15 goals in that span + the Sabres have given up an average of 37 shots a game over the last 4 games + the Sabres are 0-6 in their last 6 road games + Miller still hasn't snapped out of his funk. You do the math. If I was a betting man, my money wouldn't be on the Sabres.

That being said, here's hoping for a win! :)

Go Sabres

Ahh the usual media game where a coach says the obvious. Dude has already been here awhile. I'm all for the wonderful thought of 4 Conference Finals appearances and 1 Stanley Cup Final appearance in his tenure but he has no ring. One year they won the Presidents Trophy and they still couldnt get the job done. I'm not denying hes done well but when is enough enough? It's not like he hasnt had his chances. Ever since Drury and Briere boltedd it's been a decline for the most part. It's time for some fresh blood IMO. The first part of that statement bugs me, he feels no pressure. It's almost like hes content with the losing so to speak or thinks they are playing well despite being .500. I'll grant the injury bug a bit but even so the majority of the time I would not say they have been looking decent in the losses.

I think that's actually right, considering he was pulled the last couple of minutes of each game. If anything, his save % should be *lower*. How's that for a lovely thought?

That only works for goals against average, which is goals allowed per 60 minutes. Save percentage is a straight saves per shot.

Archived