GDT: Sabres @ Leafs 1/10/12 7PM

thesportsbuff

http://www.directv.com

And don't forget to reference my account number for the $100.00 bonus.

The guy said free...lol

During a sports update on the FAN590 today, they played a sound bite from an interview earlier today with Harry Neale. He stated that Toronto has a better defense than Buffalo's. I guess Harry is off the bandwagon too...

Phaneuf, Komisarek, Schenn, Gunnarsson, Gardiner, Liles & Franson >>>> Regehr, Myers, Leopold, Erhroff, Sekera, Weber & Gragnani.

So much for the elite defense, huh Harry?

Other then Regehr being a physical force in his defensive zone i'm not sure I like anybody else defensively on our blue line. Erhoff is an offensive minded guy who cashed in on being on a great team last year. Never thought highly of his defense but his offensive production has been a huge disappointment.

The guy said free...lol

Other then Regehr being a physical force in his defensive zone i'm not sure I like anybody else defensively on our blue line. Erhoff is an offensive minded guy who cashed in on being on a great team last year. Never thought highly of his defense but his offensive production has been a huge disappointment.

With Ehrhoff and Sekera on this team, Gragnani is essentially worthless. Even Myers is a bit of a puck mover. That's way too many D men with offensive talent and not enough with defensive talent.

With Ehrhoff and Sekera on this team, Gragnani is essentially worthless. Even Myers is a bit of a puck mover. That's way too many D men with offensive talent and not enough with defensive talent.

Fortunatly Erhoff will be around for awhile but Sekera should have been sent a packin quite awhile ago...guy is soft. He's the new Henrik Tallinder without any of the talent.

Do you actually think I was criticizing you? If I wanted to do that, I'd wonder out loud how you got the math right for Enroth's numbers but not for Miller. Trying to skew the numbers in your favor? ;)

I guess I left out that ;) in the first post, so I'll use it here. And just to spell it out further, I use that ;) here to indicate that I'm just having a little fun. Well, I guess a ;) could also be interpreted as flirtation. Now, more than likely I am not flirting with you, but I guess anything is possible.

Careful, Shrader must be drinking tonight. He is emoticoning all over his post.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, winner chicken dinner !

Maybe the GM and coach were coming up with some new wild offensive system predicated on the d-men making most of the creative plays in the offensive zone instead of centers. I guess I'm crazy in that I also think we would actually need sound defensive defenseman to help win games.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, winner chicken dinner !

Maybe the GM and coach were coming up with some new wild offensive system predicated on the d-men making most of the creative plays in the offensive zone instead of centers. I guess I'm crazy in that I also think we would actually need sound defensive defenseman to help win games.

And don't get me wrong I like having guys like Ehrhoff and Sekera on the team, but we gotta find a mid range here. Hopefully having Myers back will help us figure that out.

Soooo.... Who's ready to watch Derek Roy have fun tonight?

It is not so much that the D has offensive talent, it is just that they are required to play offense because the forwards suck so much and the Sabres have no Center to carry the puck up. If the Sabres actually had a center, the D could play D more and the forward would help out more on D so that both could translate back and forth more. Right now the D has to carry the load both from a D standpoint and on the offensive side.

It is not so much that the D has offensive talent, it is just that they are required to play offense because the forwards suck so much and the Sabres have no Center to carry the puck up. If the Sabres actually had a center, the D could play D more and the forward would help out more on D so that both could translate back and forth more. Right now the D has to carry the load both from a D standpoint and on the offensive side.

I can agree with that assessment.

And don't get me wrong I like having guys like Ehrhoff and Sekera on the team, but we gotta find a mid range here. Hopefully having Myers back will help us figure that out.

Soooo.... Who's ready to watch Derek Roy have fun tonight?

Fun...where? He's not playing :flirt:

Interesting development.

Ellis is playing like a man possessed!

I was just about to say the same. That was a monstrous shift.

It's so much easier sitting in the press box when the pressure of expectations is lower.

GO SABRES!!!

:thumbsup:

Grabovsky. Mmmm fantasy points... :(

Archived