GDT: Sabres @ Leafs 1/10/12 7PM

thesportsbuff

Lindy on wgr just said he doesn't feel any pressure that hell be fired and that hell be coaching here for a while. Just figured id share.

Big game tonight, two points all the way to the bank. I don't care who starts in net, just put up 4 goals and that will solve that quarrel!

Go Sabres

I listened to that interview too and don't have a problem with what he said. He does not come accross as thinking everything is fine and feeling no pressure. He knows theres a problem he has to fix, but he also knows that his job won't be taken away at any time if he makes a mistake. Pressure can be a bit of a good thing, but fearing for your job never leads to a huge turn around 9 times out of 10. When you are in constant fear of being fired, you are more likely to make a mistake because of the pressure, or play very conservative to limit mistakes. Plus, what else was he going to say? They kept asking/pressuring him wanting him to say what they and the fans want to hear, that they have threatened his job.

What I do agree with is what he said about how he has to work with what he has. Many here think he works side by side with Darcy making deals, but I have never once heard him say that. He may have some imput, but its Darcy that gets the players, and i would have a hard time after seeing how some of these new players come in and have little success that Lindy is handpicking these guys to come play in his system.

I listened to that interview too and don't have a problem with what he said. He does not come accross as thinking everything is fine and feeling no pressure. He knows theres a problem he has to fix, but he also knows that his job won't be taken away at any time if he makes a mistake. Pressure can be a bit of a good thing, but fearing for your job never leads to a huge turn around 9 times out of 10. When you are in constant fear of being fired, you are more likely to make a mistake because of the pressure, or play very conservative to limit mistakes. Plus, what else was he going to say? They kept asking/pressuring him wanting him to say what they and the fans want to hear, that they have threatened his job.

What I do agree with is what he said about how he has to work with what he has. Many here think he works side by side with Darcy making deals, but I have never once heard him say that. He may have some imput, but its Darcy that gets the players, and i would have a hard time after seeing how some of these new players come in and have little success that Lindy is handpicking these guys to come play in his system.

Lindy has directly stated that he is involved in player discussions with Darcy. They may not work side by side, but he gets his input and has a say in what Darcy does.

Care to do that math again?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

.812 vs Carolina

.885 vs Edmonton

average is .8985

so I guess I was wrong, rounded off his save percentage for those 2 games is .899, that's not as good as his 37th place season stats of .901. BTW Enroth ranks 10th with a .923 for the season with only 4 games less.

Miller is the Starter (1A), his salary demands it, but with the team in such dire need of points, I say go with who's performed better (my opinion).

.812 vs Carolina

.885 vs Edmonton

average is .8985

so I guess I was wrong, rounded off his save percentage for those 2 games is .899, that's not as good as his 37th place season stats of .901. BTW Enroth ranks 10th with a .923 for the season with only 4 games less.

Miller is the Starter (1A), his salary demands it, but with the team in such dire need of points, I say go with who's performed better (my opinion).

I was just messing around more than anything, but you can't take the average save percentage across two games. You could if he faced the same number of shots in each game. Just take the total saves and divide by total shots faced. So that was 54/60 or 0.900.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the point you were making, but I couldn't help but point out the mathematical error I saw. Call it a pet peeve.

And yeah, this is such a great pre-game topic, I know. But that's how much excitement they've been bringing lately.

.812 vs Carolina

.885 vs Edmonton

average is .8985

ooooh baby. Last two games, Miller with 54 saves on 60 shots = .900

By your logic, I could save 1 of 2 shots, then 48 of 48 shots the next night and be awarded a .750 save percentage rather than .980.

Not trying to be an ass, I just like math and technical writing. :)

-Cereal

Upstate NY Math Team, 2003-2004

Id agree with ya, I mean there is much more wrong than just the coach. I do thinks he's had enough time here, but no coach is gonna convert stafford into Crosby or Roy into a genuine leader. At this point I've grown slightly apathetic and will just let the season pan out as it will. I hope it turns around as I miss exciting hockey, I miss the "hardest working team in hockey" sadly it seems like a fairy tale.

.812 vs Carolina

.885 vs Edmonton

average is .8985

The average of .812 and .885 is not .8985 - its .8485 ;)

ooooh baby. Last two games, Miller with 54 saves on 60 shots = .900

By your logic, I could save 1 of 2 shots, then 48 of 48 shots the next night and be awarded a .750 save percentage rather than .980.

Not trying to be an ass, I just like math and technical writing. :)

-Cereal

Upstate NY Math Team, 2003-2004

I'm just trying to make a point that I think that Enroth would be better to start tonight than Miller and I used stats to try and back my opinion. Also you did a pretty good job of accomplishing something that you weren't trying to do

The average of .812 and .885 is not .8985 - its .8485 ;)

The .812 was a typo it was.912

Man what a bunch of ###### ###### on this board.

The average of .912 and .885 is not .8985, its...

Nah, just kidding. It's .8985

I'll give you a + for this, it just seems that at times people have more concerns about criticizing other posters than the team. I guess it be better if I just throw out opinions and don't bother to post why I think that.

I'll give you a + for this, it just seems that at times people have more concerns about criticizing other posters than the team. I guess it be better if I just throw out opinions and don't bother to post why I think that.

Do you actually think I was criticizing you? If I wanted to do that, I'd wonder out loud how you got the math right for Enroth's numbers but not for Miller. Trying to skew the numbers in your favor? ;)

I guess I left out that ;) in the first post, so I'll use it here. And just to spell it out further, I use that ;) here to indicate that I'm just having a little fun. Well, I guess a ;) could also be interpreted as flirtation. Now, more than likely I am not flirting with you, but I guess anything is possible.

Do you actually think I was criticizing you? If I wanted to do that, I'd wonder out loud how you got the math right for Enroth's numbers but not for Miller. Trying to skew the numbers in your favor? ;)

I guess I left out that ;) in the first post, so I'll use it here. And just to spell it out further, I use that ;) here to indicate that I'm just having a little fun. Well, I guess a ;) could also be interpreted as flirtation. Now, more than likely I am not flirting with you, but I guess anything is possible.

I can't handle all these wink faces. I'm all skeeved out.

During a sports update on the FAN590 today, they played a sound bite from an interview earlier today with Harry Neale. He stated that Toronto has a better defense than Buffalo's. I guess Harry is off the bandwagon too...

Phaneuf, Komisarek, Schenn, Gunnarsson, Gardiner, Liles & Franson >>>> Regehr, Myers, Leopold, Erhroff, Sekera, Weber & Gragnani.

So much for the elite defense, huh Harry?

During a sports update on the FAN590 today, they played a sound bite from an interview earlier today with Harry Neale. He stated that Toronto has a better defense than Buffalo's. I guess Harry is off the bandwagon too...

Phaneuf, Komisarek, Schenn, Gunnarsson, Gardiner, Liles & Franson >>>> Regehr, Myers, Leopold, Erhroff, Sekera, Weber & Gragnani.

So much for the elite defense, huh Harry?

Maybe he just didn't want to talk about how much worse our offense is?

Maybe he just didn't want to talk about how much worse our offense is?

He's just leaving that topic of conversation for Roy to explain.

I think this team needs some sort of spark, something that just says WAKE THE F*** UP! Maybe that comes in the form of someone getting fired, or a trade, or whatever, but they need one to offset the (anti)spark created by Mr Lucic.

If the Sabres lose either of these games in regulation, against their division rival that is directly ahead of them in the standings, there needs to be blood.

Archived