Stafford needs to go

Eleven

WHY IS DREW STAFFORD STILL ON THIS TEAM JESUS DARCY COME ON.

Checking the box score at ESPN just now - Staphford was one of the few players to come away with a ZERO on plus/minus. 13 Sabres were +1 or better. Hard to believe a "star player" and "Assistant Captain" could accomplish nothing offensively in that game last night. He didn't even make a point last night, in a 4 goal game.

He had 5 SOGs. Every one of his shots that I saw seemed dead-center on the goalie's chest - don't think that will work, ay, Drew?

Edited by Jsixspd

Checking the box score at ESPN just now - Staphford was one of the few players to come away with a ZERO on plus/minus. 13 Sabres were +1 or better. Hard to believe a "star player" and "Assistant Captain" could accomplish nothing offensively in that game last night. He didn't even make a point last night, in a 4 goal game.

He had 5 SOGs. Every one of his shots that I saw seemed dead-center on the goalie's chest - don't think that will work, ay, Drew?

Maybe Drew just read, and misunderstood, a quantum mechanics textbook and thinks if he fires it at the goalies chest enough times it might go through the goalies chest eventually

He actually had six. The one that hit the post doesn't count.

Alternate Captain.

Maybe Drew just read, and misunderstood, a quantum mechanics textbook and thinks if he fires it at the goalies chest enough times it might go through the goalies chest eventually

I have been really impressed with the board lately.

This is an example of why. Well done.

I thought Drew played well last night. I noticed him on the ice for the first time in like twenty games.

His contract is like an albatross around his neck. That and his lack of production.

I have not read the entire thread, so apologies if this already mentioned.

But with TPegs money..think the Sabres would be willing to eat some of that contract to get a pick or 2 for Staf?

I really am not sure how that works, but know there is a mechanism in the new CBA to let teams do that.

I thought Drew played well last night. I noticed him on the ice for the first time in like twenty games.

That could have been said of almost anyone on the ice. The best thing that can be said - he didn't HURT the team - one would hope for better from a supposed 'star' offensive player.

I have not read the entire thread, so apologies if this already mentioned.

But with TPegs money..think the Sabres would be willing to eat some of that contract to get a pick or 2 for Staf?

I really am not sure how that works, but know there is a mechanism in the new CBA to let teams do that.

I think the payroll money would be fine with TP, but the retained salary still counts towards the cap. I doubt you're going to see a team that is spending at the cap trade and then have a $1-2m hole for the next two (three?) years.

I still think Stafford is a tradeable commodity. Not expecting much of a return, but I think there's some team which will take a chance on him, be it now or in the summer.

Now, please.

Although it doesn't really make a difference, but I'd like the peace of mind. Generally speaking,,trading now would likely mean draft picks/prospects, summer would likely mean roster players. Maybe latter's better.