Stafford needs to go

Eleven

I like this non trade for now. Drew being here can only help in our race to the bottom.

Drew doesn't race anywhere. If you are interested in a slow, meandering skate towards the bottom, and maybe the Sabres will reach it but maybe not and it doesn't really matt--oh my shift is over? He's your man.

Disappointed he's still here. Can't blame Darcy for not selling while his value is so low.

Hopefully he is the NHL player we package with picks and prospects in our big summertime deal.

In the meantime, he's probably going to get Pommer's minutes.

They were discussing this on WGR - maybe Regier puts the price too high? Therefore the number of deals is fewer.

This is a team that needs to be scrapped and rebuilt, and that's not going to happen waiting around to scrape up every possible nickel of value in a trade.

It's like the guy hangs his hat, and his record as GM, on one or two BIG trades...so everyone can oooohh and ahhh, and tell him how awesome he is. In the meantime he has a bottom-shelf team that's one of the worst in the league, a team he built, and a lot of moves need to be made but don't get made,

Maybe another, better GM would have made several trades? Maybe not for top-dollar, but would be more beneficial to the team and the product on the ice?

I would say cutting Staphford was a higher priority than PomPomstein - both should go, but Stafford is clearly worse than Pominville. And from his presser today, even Regier hinted that there were other players he wanted to trade first, but didn't get what he wanted to do.

Again, penny wise and pound foolish is our 17 year Cicada Regier.

Edited by Jsixspd

They were discussing this on WGR - maybe Regier puts the price too high? Therefore the number of deals is fewer.

This is a team that needs to be scrapped and rebuilt, and that's not going to happen waiting around to scrape up every possible nickel of value in a trade.

It's like the guy hangs his hat, and his record as GM, on one or two BIG trades...so everyone can oooohh and ahhh, and tell him how awesome he is. In the meantime he has a bottom-shelf team that's one of the worst in the league, a team he built, and a lot of moves need to be made but don't get made,

Maybe another, better GM would have made several trades? Maybe not for top-dollar, but would be more beneficial to the team and the product on the ice?

I would say cutting Staphford was a higher priority than PomPomstein - both should go, but Stafford is clearly worse than Pominville. And from his presser today, even Regier hinted that there were other players he wanted to trade first, but didn't get what he wanted to do.

Again, penny wise and pound foolish is our 17 year Cicada Regier.

The cap is not an issue. The payroll is not an issue. So if there is no market for Stafford then he is better on this team. Stafford scoring 30 points at $4million is better than a second round pick (as long as cap or payroll isnt an issue).

I expect BIG moves at the draft. Today is a day where you sell off pending UFAs, the draft is where hockey trades happen - and once the draft order is set picks become a more tradeable commodity

Either way, good bye big 3, hello rebuild

I'm fairly convinced that they will buy out Stafford at the end of the year. They'll give Leino one more year and then most likely buy him out the following year. There's no sense in burning both buyouts in the same year.

Please let the first part of this happen. I'm running out of hope.