Ryan Miller denies involvement in trade rumors

spndnchz

If he wants out then move him. But make him earn that trade. Start playing like you can Ryan and then we'll move you. Get top value back in return but that won't happen until he gets his game back.

Which still won't fetch Stasny or Stamkos. (not directed at you)

I'm tired of reading posts trying to run him out of town anyway. I hope he goes. I'm ready to read posts trying to run Enroth out of town.

Oh young padowin anger leads to the path of the dark side. Enjoy life you must...LOL..Just kiddin..This might be the first post that most resembles the first post I read when the Flutie Johnson debate went nuclear in 99..lol...

Hate to say it but I think your right and he may welcome a change of scenery. Definetly don't want to see this happen though because for one I don't know we would get a ton of talent back in a trade and for two, I don't think Enorth is ready for full time duty anytime soon.

Why? and what made you think Miller was ready back when he took over? or Hasek when he took over for Fuhr? or others like Roy as a rookie, or Brodeur?

When do you give the new guy a chance to prove himself? Miller has shown he can't get it done, so it's time to turn the page.

Why? and what made you think Miller was ready back when he took over? or Hasek when he took over for Fuhr? or others like Roy as a rookie, or Brodeur?

When do you give the new guy a chance to prove himself? Miller has shown he can't get it done, so it's time to turn the page.

I completely disagree with the bolded part. You seem to have a very short term memory when it comes to Miller. He struggled a few games leading to the injury but was great the first few games of the season. Obviously this is just a matter of opinion which we disagree on so there is no point in debating my view as we've had several threads regarding Miller Vs Enroth prior to the injury. However, I must warn you that for every one of the Hasek's, Roy's and Brodeur's you get a Mikka Noronen or Vessa Toskla.

I'm tired of reading posts trying to run him out of town anyway. I hope he goes. I'm ready to read posts trying to run Enroth out of town.

Exactly....sometimes reading a string on this forum is like reading the front page of the Enquirer at the supermarket while you are waitng in line to check out. It is entertaining as long as you do not lose context. If you believe aliens have actually kidnapped a three headed cow in Denver, then you were a hurting puppy to begin with. If you try and talk about that story with your friends expect them to think there are a few bats in your attic.

Moving a top 15 goalie is generally not considered to be a smart idea, unless you get a better one back. Not to hurt anyones feelings but, Roth is not Miller.

D Roy is unhappy, he gets no respect here and wants to play for a Canadian team so that he can speak French and wear a toga more often.. You heard it first here.. Shall i start a string? Or would it sound more plausable if it came from a sports writer in Toledo. I can make that happen too.

I completely disagree with the bolded part. You seem to have a very short term memory when it comes to Miller. He struggled a few games leading to the injury but was great the first few games of the season. Obviously this is just a matter of opinion which we disagree on so there is no point in debating my view as we've had several threads regarding Miller Vs Enroth prior to the injury. However, I must warn you that for every one of the Hasek's, Roy's and Brodeur's you get a Mikka Noronen or Vessa Toskla.

Ok then! What has he shown to be able to get done? 0-3 last 3 playoff series, losing to scrub goalies to boot! How long must us fans wait for him to get it done? He couldn't get it done when he had superior leadership in the form of CD and DB. IMHO that was his best chance and he came out on the wrong end. I'm sick of waiting for Ryan Miller to be an elite goalie, he's 31 going on 32 next summer, has a wife in LA, and doesn't want to be here. Time to turn the page! If you can't see that then there is no hope for you.

Indeed. The only point I'll add is that a frenzied discussion based on a rumor that is reported as such is a silly waste of time.

Although I have to tell you, the journalist reporting this is a reliable hockey writer, I agree and disagree with your assesment of having a discussion on the subject, even though, admittedly, it is merely a rumor.

He stated in his article:

"We keep hearing that Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is out with a concussion and wouldn’t mind if the Sabres traded him."

And that is fine that "they" keep hearing it, but without any official statements from any parties involved, it is a rumor but I would surmize a somewhat accurate one given this particular writers history with Sabres organization knowledge in the recent past. Thereby, making it atleast discussion worthy.

Oh, perhaps him having been the best goalie in Czechoslavakia 6 times, having been selected to the NHL's all rookie team the season before Muckler made the dumbest trade ever to get Fuhr, having been the goalie actually between the pipes for 'May-day,' and a whole lot of other reasons that have been discussed here ad nauseum (the search feature is your friend).

Ok then! What has he shown to be able to get done? 0-3 last 3 playoff series, losing to scrub goalies to boot! How long must us fans wait for him to get it done? He couldn't get it done when he had superior leadership in the form of CD and DB. IMHO that was his best chance and he came out on the wrong end. I'm sick of waiting for Ryan Miller to be an elite goalie, he's 31 going on 32 next summer, has a wife in LA, and doesn't want to be here. Time to turn the page! If you can't see that then there is no hope for you.

An amazing post Mrs. Roth

All of that is speculation and you are by far my least favorite poster on here (maybe tied with snomobiler97) Look at his playoff record overall not just the series it is pretty good. He has outplayed most of the "scrub goalies" he has played and nearly all of the teams we have lost to have ended up in the finals. You are sick of waiting on him to become an elite goalie???? He has this little trophy that says he was the best goalie over the course of a season. Plus an olympic MVP. THAT IS AN ELITE GOALIE. Has anyone got enrothe numbers cued up since miller has been gone??? I cant wait to see this.

All of that is speculation and you are by far my least favorite poster on here (maybe tied with snomobiler97) Look at his playoff record overall not just the series it is pretty good. He has outplayed most of the "scrub goalies" he has played and nearly all of the teams we have lost to have ended up in the finals. You are sick of waiting on him to become an elite goalie???? He has this little trophy that says he was the best goalie over the course of a season. Plus an olympic MVP. THAT IS AN ELITE GOALIE. Has anyone got enrothe numbers cued up since miller has been gone??? I cant wait to see this.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I would not lose any sleep if we traded Miller...free up lots of cap space, and I would love to get Marty Biron back to pair-up with Enroth. Marty's a leader and well respected, whereas Miller just likes blaming anyone and everyone but himself after loses. He's quick to call-out the D after games, but never seems to admit that he lets in lots of softies. If the return is right, I'd jump at the chance to trade him. And while we're at it, we could start clearing-out some other players who just are not cutting it, like Boyes and whoever. Take your pick!

Please don't bring facts into this discussion. How is he suppose to rant and rave his point when you do that? Clearly we have no hope. /sarcasm off. Great post.

I would not lose any sleep if we traded Miller...free up lots of cap space, and I would love to get Marty Biron back to pair-up with Enroth. Marty's a leader and well respected, whereas Miller just likes blaming anyone and everyone but himself after loses. He's quick to call-out the D after games, but never seems to admit that he lets in lots of softies. If the return is right, I'd jump at the chance to trade him. And while we're at it, we could start clearing-out some other players who just are not cutting it, like Boyes and whoever. Take your pick!

Hahahahah thats funny.

A quick look at the numbers and it looks like since miller went down enroth has a 4.19 GAA and a .897 SV Percentage..... That is not very good BTW

WOAH! funny how his stats drop when he doesn't have to fight for the top spot...He's even been pulled twice...

Either way, I don't see us trading Miller right now. That would force Ruff to overplay Enroth, because i can almost guarantee that he will not have much faith in Macintyre (sp?). We have a decent goalie tandem, and we're ready to make a "strength" (I'll admit it's a weak strength the way 1 has been playing) a glaring weakness?

An amazing post Mrs. Roth

no. not amazing. miller also had 2 shut-outs in that series, lest you forget. you want someone to blame for those playoff series? look at the rest of the team. they played like sh** in front of miller. the boston series was almost a foregone conclusion, and the philly series was a barn burner that we WOULD have won, had anyone other than just miller bothered to show up for game 7. that series was ours. we pussed out the first 2 periods of game 7. period.

is miller as good as he was at the olympics? no. that's obvious. can he get back there? sure. maybe. should we trade him and go with enroth? a distinct possibility, but as others have mentioned, miller isn't going to fetch as much right now.

but pinning the last 2 or 3 playoff losses on miller is just asinine. you want to blame someone? blame the same pussified team you watched lose to columbus 3 nights ago. this isn't new stuff; it's been going on since may 2007.

Why? Because I don't suck Millers asss like you do!

... and if he had outplayed the scrub goalies his team would have moved on, they didn't, Next!

He played exceptional good hockey for 1 half of a season and won 2 individual trophies. When it mattered in the NHL playoffs he gets beat by scrubs. Can't dispute the facts, so stop trying to make excuses for him.

Oh yeah found Enroths stats in a post in the caps game day thread. They differ from yours quite a bit.

I believe his point was this:

Enroth Stats:

Before Boston game: 6 GP, 1.34 GAA, 0.955 S%

Since Boston game: 7 GP, 2.82 GAA, 0.906 S%

(Wasn't sure where to put Boston game relief)

So, basically, since Miller went down, Enroth has turned into

Archived