Ryan Miller denies involvement in trade rumors

spndnchz

FWIW, according to Nick Kypreos, Bobby Ryan is officially "off the market":

"@RealKyper

Nick Kypreos #Ducks GM Bob Murray has assured Bobby Ryan he is off #NHL trading market today. Also told Ryan's desire to be moved is no longer an issue.

58 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®"

https://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper/statuses/142338915683139584

Well thats.... unfortunate

do they have assigned players from management, or teams, or how does that work? I've never known much about the scouting depts in hockey.

On the pro side they are looking at players and teams.

Generally they are looking at a number of players for trades, and evaluating opposing teams at the same time.

So when you see Dudley up there he's evaluating a portfolio of talent, and also breaking down the Sabres for upcoming games against the Leafs.

Pysyk is a year younger though.

Not sure why that is significant given our conversation. :unsure:

My point was, McNabb wasn't cut because there were better defenders than him on the team, he was cut because his style didn't fit the style the coach wanted the team to have. And I mention it because of Shrader's comment about JGL's value vaulting if he makes the team. I only partially agree with that comment and I use the scenario with McNabb to make my point. JGL may not be among the top 8 defensemen in Canadian Juniors even if he makes the team. He may just be in the top 8 of the style the coach wants to play. Of course, even that is pretty impressive.

Not sure why that is significant given our conversation. :unsure:

My point was, McNabb wasn't cut because there were better defenders than him on the team, he was cut because his style didn't fit the style the coach wanted the team to have. And I mention it because of Shrader's comment about JGL's value vaulting if he makes the team. I only partially agree with that comment and I use the scenario with McNabb to make my point. JGL may not be among the top 8 defensemen in Canadian Juniors even if he makes the team. He may just be in the top 8 of the style the coach wants to play. Of course, even that is pretty impressive.

Sorry

Just my poor reading comp today, Weave.

Foggy brain.

I got confused by the AFTER.....McNabb was cut first. :oops:

If I remember correctly, he didn't make the World Juniors team because the coach wanted defensemen with maximum puck moving skills. There were better puck movers on that team than McNabb. I seem to recall that Pysyk was cut AFTER McNabb.

Looking back on that roster, I see 4 big defensemen and 3 of the prototypical puck movers. So I don't know if it's quite as simple as you're putting it. The big guys were all first rounders though (2 of them in the top 10 of their drafts), so that is some pretty stiff competition.

Looking back on that roster, I see 4 big defensemen and 3 of the prototypical puck movers. So I don't know if it's quite as simple as you're putting it. The big guys were all first rounders though (2 of them in the top 10 of their drafts), so that is some pretty stiff competition.

Canada definitely had a big line-up on the back end. Cowen and DeHaan (sp?) and Dupres(sp?) were all big boys. The shifty one, and probably the best player was Ryan Ellis who looked much smaller in comparison.

I'm going by the commentary I read at the time. Can't say I remember the source but I recall pretty clearly that the reason mentioned for McNabb's cutting was that they were looking for a more mobile defence and he wasn't it. I would have to assume that even the 4 big guys were probably better skaters than McNabb.

I did not know about Bobby Ryans crazy family history. His father almost killed his mother, the family fled the authorities to go to canada, then getting discovered in California 5 years later. WOW this kid has been through a lot.

Link? I missed all this. Was it talked about on Versus?

or some meatloaf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CybBuaZThjw

HEY MA!

Nice. :thumbsup:

FWIW, according to Nick Kypreos, Bobby Ryan is officially "off the market":

"@RealKyper

Nick Kypreos #Ducks GM Bob Murray has assured Bobby Ryan he is off #NHL trading market today. Also told Ryan's desire to be moved is no longer an issue.

58 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®"

https://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper/statuses/142338915683139584

Well that sucks. :censored:

I did not know about Bobby Ryans crazy family history. His father almost killed his mother, the family fled the authorities to go to canada, then getting discovered in California 5 years later. WOW this kid has been through a lot.

Link? I missed all this. Was it talked about on Versus?

I feel like the story was in the news about a year or so ago... I definitely remember reading about it... this might have been it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

Stunning.

Canada definitely had a big line-up on the back end. Cowen and DeHaan (sp?) and Dupres(sp?) were all big boys. The shifty one, and probably the best player was Ryan Ellis who looked much smaller in comparison.

Gudbranson too, but he might be a bit more of a hybrid style player since he's listed at 6'4 but only 195 lbs.

Well, I just listened to Miller's interview from earlier today. For anyone here who doesn't like Miller or thinks he's not a good team guy, I would urge you to listen to the interview. He addressed the trade rumor very directly and openly and spoke (to my ear very sincerely) about having grown up here, wanting to win here, feeling part of the community here and not seeing how another situation could be as good as it is here. He also spoke quite directly about how he wasn't playing well before he got hurt and how he needs to do better -- no excuses and no blaming anyone else.

It was great to hear -- mature and candid and appreciative -- and a stark contrast from the series of cliches one usually hears from player interviews. It also put me in mind of 11's point about wanting certain guys to be the guys to bring the Sabres to greatness. Miller is one of those guys for me.

Meanwhle in his WGR interview after the game, Enroth said that he and the defence played perfect in the Islanders game, and basically saying it was the forwards fault for that game.........

Archived