GDT: Flames at Sabres 11/4/11 7:30PM

Assquatch

So if Enroth wins say 3-0 do we have another 10 page thread about why Miller sucks? If Enroth Loses do we get a 10 page thread of why Miller is better? Catch 22/Kobayashi Maru anyway it unfolds.

Also i am completely unsurprised that Enroth is in. It made the most sense for him to start this game at home because Ruff before the last matchup saw Ryan struggle at home. Enroth deserved a home start as well and Ottawa has played better of late so NO there is not a goaltending controversy this was all pre-set by ruff at the begining of the week.

Guess this means Lindy has to pull a James T Kirk and start David Leggio tonite?

So if Enroth wins say 3-0 do we have another 10 page thread about why Miller sucks? If Enroth Loses do we get a 10 page thread of why Miller is better? Catch 22/Kobayashi Maru anyway it unfolds.

Miller should definitely get the second start of the back-to-back, and they should split the remaining back-to-backs regardless of who takes the majority of remaining starts. Should Enroth win tonight and Miller lose tomorrow, then you'll see more than 10 pages of Enroth over Miller posts.

I, for one, don't rule out the idea that Enroth could overtake Miller, nor do I rule out the small sample effect coming through on Enroth. However, I do believe that any change should not be made absolutely at this point. If Enroth wins and Miller loses, then the balance of starts should shift slowly from one to the other. Not just in number, but in importance of games and opponents. Don't just say "Enroth is #1; Miller is #2" right off the bat. Switch to a 1a/1b rotation, giving Miller the motivation and opportunity to prove he is the real #1. If he doesn't, then the shift can be made more absolutely.

Also i am completely unsurprised that Enroth is in. It made the most sense for him to start this game at home because Ruff before the last matchup saw Ryan struggle at home. Enroth deserved a home start as well and Ottawa has played better of late so NO there is not a goaltending controversy this was all pre-set by ruff at the begining of the week.

Lindy said that last game didn't change his goaltender rotation, and I agree with you that this game made sense for Enroth. As I said above, if the goaltender "controversy" continues to trend the way that it has, then maybe who gets which type of game (i.e., the ones that makes sense for the starter vs. the ones that make sense for the backup) may start to switch, but for now, let's see if that trend does continue.

I was laughing at WGR the other day when someone(not sure who it was) already lowered their standards to, "as long as you make the playoffs, who cares where you finish". Damn, the Pegula era optimism has gone down a lot in the first month of the season.

At this point, I want 8th place, so we can play more on the road ;)

Yes you are the Gerbe.

Who does the most WTF waves around here, and doesn't take responsibility for their actions, and is *sarcasm alert* severely overrated?

Ill take that hit. Actually no wait. Its all your fault the whole forum. You pay your internet bill, you can cheer or boo all you want on here, I don't care, there's some good posts that get by me occasionally, but that's because you guys weren't running defense.

Ill take that hit. Actually no wait. Its all your fault the whole forum. You pay your internet bill, you can cheer or boo all you want on here, I don't care, there's some good posts that get by me occasionally, but that's because you guys weren't running defense.

Nice :thumbsup:

(The Miller avatar definitely helps here)

Play Assquatch tonight, bench spndchz. She never does it in clutch games.

i say we have two quality game discussion thread starters...play the hot hand...if assquatch wins tonight, then assquatch starts the next game. spndchz comes back after an assquatch loss. don't trade either one, we need two quality starters.

fwiw, we played the west strong when we were over in europe. may that trend continue tonight with a team on the tail end of a back-to-back set.

"Chz AIN'T GOIN ANYWHERE!"

:clapping:

I think Sabrespace wins this game tonight.

:thumbsup:

At this point, I want 8th place, so we can play more on the road ;)

QFT.

i say we have two quality game discussion thread starters...play the hot hand...if assquatch wins tonight, then assquatch starts the next game. spndchz comes back after an assquatch loss. don't trade either one, we need two quality starters.

He has to promise to wake up at 7AM every gameday morning and start it.

Won't work. chz is too fragile to handle this approach. assquatch is an up-and-comer but he doesn't have the pedigree to carry the load yet. chz is our starter and she's got to be given the chance to get back to her a-game. I just wish she'd learn how to handle the dissenting posters a little better.

Won't work. chz is too fragile to handle this approach. assquatch is an up-and-comer but he doesn't have the pedigree to carry the load yet. chz is our starter and she's got to be given the chance to get back to her a-game. I just wish she'd learn how to handle the dissenting posters a little better.

I've got no problem with dissenting posters. Just the ones that ###### up the board.

I've got no problem with dissenting posters. Just the ones that ###### up the board.

Gotta keep all that snow out of the crease.

#winning

Back to actual hockey:

Roy finally starts to roll tonight although I think we are in for some tough losses in the next 10 games, I think this team is in the process of turning the corner...

Miller, is emotional and an up and down type of goalie, however very few goalies in the NHL after playing a season have a GAA below 2.0 meaning that a team that cant put up at least 3 goals is going to lose games. The sabres need to score consistently and I mean outside of just Vanek and Pommers.

You do realize that assquatch has been here longer than chz, right? Maybe that makes him more of the Jody Gage of the board. I really can't think of a modern day equivalent, since Mancari was the only one to stick around for a while (by today's standards anyway).

I am!

You poor unfortunate soul.

You do realize that assquatch has been here longer than chz, right? Maybe that makes him more of the Jody Gage of the board. I really can't think of a modern day equivalent, since Mancari was the only one to stick around for a while (by today's standards anyway).

I'm Patty LaLime to her Ryan Miller. She's newer than I but compared to her I bring nothing to this board but a big smile and opening and closing the door on the bench.

This is actually a pretty major development.

Miller is going to be good and PO'd tomorrow night regardless of how Enroth does tonight.

I remember him saying that the break between the Europe trip and the rest of the schedule was good for him to get some in-season practice time in to work on some things. Hopefully he puts the practice time to good use learning how to lift his glove a bit higher.

Archived