GDT: Flames at Sabres 11/4/11 7:30PM

Assquatch

the whole "sticking to the script" thing is sort of odd. who does ruff think he is, andy reid?

seriously, though. the script called for miller to play against philly. well, that didn't really happen.

in my experience, coaches like to get their #1 guy right back in the saddle after a rough outing. that's obviously not what's happening here.

Whats so odd about it, he has been saying it for a while now that he has them on a schedule and he is sticking with the schedule. The only ones that think this is sending a message or that they have lost faith in Miller are the fans. Its early in the year and everyone pressing the panic button on Miller, but letting the rest of the team slide for poor play

APus, you're far from the only one involved, but to me the debate about which defenseman to scratch kinda misses the point. The Sabres are #7 in the NHL in defense, #1 on the PK. Meanwhile, putting aside the top line, here's what the goalscoring looks like after 11 games:

Stafford: 3

Boyes: 2

Gerbe: 2

Roy: 1

Leino: 1

Ennis (7 games): 0

Not good enough. Not even close.

Indeed. That's why I thought this was a pretty significant development. This is Lindy sending a message to Miller, and the rest of the team, that their recent play hasn't been good enough.

never said that the forwards are off the hook too, my point was just about the defence because thats the area where we have a spot open to rotate someone to the pressbox right now. Who gets subbed in for one of the forwards being benched to send a message? Ellis is already on the ice seeing time and with Kaleta gone for 4 theres another player from the press box in

I bet if enroth was starting those forwards would have scored more goals though...........

APus, you're far from the only one involved, but to me the debate about which defenseman to scratch kinda misses the point. The Sabres are #7 in the NHL in defense, #1 on the PK. Meanwhile, putting aside the top line, here's what the goalscoring looks like after 11 games:

Indeed. That's why I thought this was a pretty significant development. This is Lindy sending a message to Miller, and the rest of the team, that their recent play hasn't been good enough.

Would you put him back in tonight? I say give him an extra day to get his head screwed on straight, and give him the start on the road. No pressure, just go out and play his game without the home crowd or home pressure to deal with. Come back home with a win under his belt and the jungle will be friendly again.

That was very unlike Miller to come out unprepared considering the situation the team was in. He's newly married, he has new pressures of being home and trying to get ready for games with new responsibilities. Maybe he just hasn't figured it out yet. I have no doubt he will eventually.

this hits the nail on the head !!!

the biggest problem on this team is LACK OF SCORING from any player other than the top line.

vanek/adam/Pomminstein have 17 goals.

the entire rest of the team including d-men have 14 goals.

Would you put him back in tonight? I say give him an extra day to get his head screwed on straight, and give him the start on the road. No pressure, just go out and play his game without the home crowd or home pressure to deal with. Come back home with a win under his belt and the jungle will be friendly again.

I think I would play Miller tonight. I think playing Enroth tonight just feeds the frenzy. If Enroth wins tonight and plays great, now we're getting close to a goalie controversy. I also like the idea of making a firm statement that Miller is the guy.

OTOH, I'm not dead set against playing Enroth tonight. It's certainly possible that if Miller had gotten the start tonight, he'd have played lousy, followed by another good Enroth performance tomorrow night, and we'd have the same controversy.

Tonight is the night the Sabres finally put on a "show" for the fans. The notion that this is what they have been doing at home games up to this point is laughable. The only thing they have been doing is putting the fans to sleep.

Buffalo 6 Calgary 2

+1 I am looking forward to a good time at the F'N Rink tonight.

And I want to say that while I really like the clutch and grab game that Chz gives, tonight the ass wins!

I think I would play Miller tonight. I think playing Enroth tonight just feeds the frenzy. If Enroth wins tonight and plays great, now we're getting close to a goalie controversy. I also like the idea of making a firm statement that Miller is the guy.

OTOH, I'm not dead set against playing Enroth tonight. It's certainly possible that if Miller had gotten the start tonight, he'd have played lousy, followed by another good Enroth performance tomorrow night, and we'd have the same controversy.

NO way. I love that Ruff is playing Enroth tonight. I want Miller angry...I want him to play angry. As a matter of fact, if Enroth plays well tonight i would just start him tomorrow as well. We don't even know what we have in Enroth yet? He could be a flash in the pan or the next Hasek? Give the guy a chance to pull this team out of it's slump.

Free: I think you left and empty net-ter in.You don't want to make it look better than it is. :rolleyes:

Looks like this years Lindy's bad boy is Miller. Vanek must have needed a break i guess.. Ya gotta have somebody to blame or you get the hatchet in the head. Bush was not available.

NO way. I love that Ruff is playing Enroth tonight. I want Miller angry...I want him to play angry. As a matter of fact, if Enroth plays well tonight i would just start him tomorrow as well. We don't even know what we have in Enroth yet? He could be a flash in the pan or the next Hasek? Give the guy a chance to pull this team out of it's slump.

TACO IN A BAG!

You do not want your goalie angry. they do not play well with bad karma in the air. you want zen.believe me.. watch Enroth...no emotion...

I can guarantee you Ruff does not want this:

Because of this:

You do not want your goalie angry. they do not play well with bad karma in the air. you want zen.believe me.. watch Enroth...no emotion...

Anger is a bad thing in a goalie.

Some thoughts:

Sabre win tonight!

Enroth deserves the start.

If we send Chz to the minors does she have to pass through waivers?

If you were to include the year I lost off my join date because of the big crash of 2008 I have too many years in. Subject to waivers. I wouldn't be reporting to any other team. My career would be over.

Archived