GDT: Flames at Sabres 11/4/11 7:30PM

Assquatch

Hamilton saying it's likely Gragnani is in for Weber.

This is dumb, seriously Leopold has played like garbage and Weber got a lot better as the game went on... Kid needs some playing time and this is making me dislike Ruff... Weber and Regehr started clicking and played very solid over the final 2 periods. Again this team has far to many soft, puck moving, lazy, defenders who would let Nachos/Taco in a bag get eaten and flushed away before doing anything about it... other players have played like such garbage it boggles the mind that they maintain a roster spot... Freaking got to be kidding me... end rant

Lindy said that last game didn't change his goaltender rotation, and I agree with you that this game made sense for Enroth. As I said above, if the goaltender "controversy" continues to trend the way that it has, then maybe who gets which type of game (i.e., the ones that makes sense for the starter vs. the ones that make sense for the backup) may start to switch, but for now, let's see if that trend does continue.

Yup, the guys on WGR have been saying this after they spoke with Ruff earlier, he has a set goalie rotation schedule with them and he is sticking with it. Depending on when the schhedule was made, it was probably decided that Enroth would face the Flames (struggling western team coming off a game the night before) and Miller would get the Sens on the road (division rival we have struggled against that is starting to look much better).

Hamilton saying it's likely Gragnani is in for Weber.

Drane is saying, Vancouver is on the phone with Darcy as we speak.

There are 5 players on this team I would hesitate to schtoop their girlfriend.....Regehr, Gerbe, McCormick, Gaustad, Weber. The other 15 would walk out of the room and leave a sandwich on the table for me.

I'm trying to find the silver lining this year....i really am....

Yup, the guys on WGR have been saying this after they spoke with Ruff earlier, he has a set goalie rotation schedule with them and he is sticking with it. Depending on when the schhedule was made, it was probably decided that Enroth would face the Flames (struggling western team coming off a game the night before) and Miller would get the Sens on the road (division rival we have struggled against that is starting to look much better).

I don't think we can say they struggle against Ottawa anymore. The Sabres went 5-1 against them last year. 2 were in OT/shootouts, but that's still pretty convincing results.

Lindy Ruff to Tropp: "I told him I want him to score. I told him I want him to defend really well. I told him if he got in a fight to throw them with both hands."So glad I'm going tonight. Win or lose I finally have time to go.

Anyone else get a mental image of Tropp flailing away sissy-fight style using the palms of his hands to make contact?

No? Just me? Typical.

This is dumb, seriously Leopold has played like garbage and Weber got a lot better as the game went on... Kid needs some playing time and this is making me dislike Ruff... Weber and Regehr started clicking and played very solid over the final 2 periods. Again this team has far to many soft, puck moving, lazy, defenders who would let Nachos/Taco in a bag get eaten and flushed away before doing anything about it... other players have played like such garbage it boggles the mind that they maintain a roster spot... Freaking got to be kidding me... end rant

i don't disagree with putting Grags in, but I don't know if Weber should be the one sitting. In the whole "run Miller out/Enroth should be the starter" debates, whats been missing is the fact that there are other players on this team seriously underperforming more then the goaltenders. If Ruff really wants to teach the team a lesson, he needs to start getting the message to guys like Leopold, Ehrhoff (10th worst +/- for a defencemen in the league) and even Myers that they need to start playing better or they can sit too

i don't disagree with putting Grags in, but I don't know if Weber should be the one sitting. In the whole "run Miller out/Enroth should be the starter" debates, whats been missing is the fact that there are other players on this team seriously underperforming more then the goaltenders. If Ruff really wants to teach the team a lesson, he needs to start getting the message to guys like Leopold, Ehrhoff (10th worst +/- for a defencemen in the league) and even Myers that they need to start playing better or they can sit too

I would bench in this order the following defenders:

Leopold, Ehrhoff, MAG, Myers...

Leopold has been meh most of the season and I really feel like he kinda mails it in.

Ehrhoff has been downright crappy and his 10 year contract looks like something out a wes craven film

MAG gets pushed off the puck faster than this board can make food related Miller/Enroth jokes

Myers just needs to get his head in the game and stop playing that crappy scared way he has been since the season opened... he needs a fire lit under his @ss

Bottom line: I think Ruff has a flaw and thats he doesn't have the balls to bench some of his higher paid players for long periods of time. Sure in the past he has done it but to often he benches the cheaper guy who is a "bubble" player and no offense to him but Weber is a good stay at home defender and the fact he is getting shafted in favor of a bunch of pussies is freaking ridiculous... man up or shut up

I would bench in this order the following defenders:

Leopold, Ehrhoff, MAG, Myers...

Leopold has been meh most of the season and I really feel like he kinda mails it in.

Ehrhoff has been downright crappy and his 10 year contract looks like something out a wes craven film

MAG gets pushed off the puck faster than this board can make food related Miller/Enroth jokes

Myers just needs to get his head in the game and stop playing that crappy scared way he has been since the season opened... he needs a fire lit under his @ss

Bottom line: I think Ruff has a flaw and thats he doesn't have the balls to bench some of his higher paid players for long periods of time. Sure in the past he has done it but to often he benches the cheaper guy who is a "bubble" player and no offense to him but Weber is a good stay at home defender and the fact he is getting shafted in favor of a bunch of pussies is freaking ridiculous... man up or shut up

There was a reason why the Canucks fans had no problem letting him go this offseason. many of them said he was a good defencemen, but he was no where near worth the money that he wanted in FA and was not worth more then the other guys the Canucks were trying to re-sign

So when Enroth wins tonight, and Miller loses tomorrow... will all hell break lose around here? I mean will the Miller is crap threads multiply faster than tribbles on a holodeck? (its a star trek theme day, sorry) I'm a doctor dammit not a oracle!

So when Enroth wins tonight, and Miller loses tomorrow... will all hell break lose around here? I mean will the Miller is crap threads multiply faster than tribbles on a holodeck? (its a star trek theme day, sorry) I'm a doctor dammit not a oracle!

Well, if this was a game Enroth was expected to play anyway, I don't see how anything changes.

the whole "sticking to the script" thing is sort of odd. who does ruff think he is, andy reid?

seriously, though. the script called for miller to play against philly. well, that didn't really happen.

in my experience, coaches like to get their #1 guy right back in the saddle after a rough outing. that's obviously not what's happening here.

APus, you're far from the only one involved, but to me the debate about which defenseman to scratch kinda misses the point. The Sabres are #7 in the NHL in defense, #1 on the PK. Meanwhile, putting aside the top line, here's what the goalscoring looks like after 11 games:

Stafford: 3

Boyes: 2

Gerbe: 2

Roy: 1

Leino: 1

Ennis (7 games): 0

Not good enough. Not even close.

the whole "sticking to the script" thing is sort of odd. who does ruff think he is, andy reid?

seriously, though. the script called for miller to play against philly. well, that didn't really happen.

in my experience, coaches like to get their #1 guy right back in the saddle after a rough outing. that's obviously not what's happening here.

Indeed. That's why I thought this was a pretty significant development. This is Lindy sending a message to Miller, and the rest of the team, that their recent play hasn't been good enough.

Archived