2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

Not looking good. My first trip to an Amerks game is in jeopardy because of a late April snowstorm? How freaking ridiculous is this?

What's the problem? I haven't heard about the roads being that bad. Seems like a lot of bark without the bite.

The snow has slowed down considerably here in the last hour, too, which is good.

I'm not getting any accident report emails from the NYS Thruway so that's good as well. There should still be enough salt down everywhere to sate the freezing slop problem if that even arises.

Well that was awful. I can't say I've ever seen a team just roll over and take it like that.

Frustrating.

I didn't actually see any of the games, so take this with a grain of salt...but from what I've read, the Marlies simply dominated the series. Just the better team in about every way.

Ink, again, thanks much for setting that up. It was great to meet you, your brother, Taro, and even d4rk. Those seats were kickass.

Here's what I learned:

1) Very nice arena in Rochester.

2) White hots are awesome.

3) The Sabres need to get a goaltender in the system, and outside of Foligno, I'm not too hot on the forwards, either.

4) I need to get a hotel room and plan on working the following day in Roch next time I do this, because not having beers sucked. So did the drive home. But it's all being soothed with a nice glass--well, really, a tumbler--of Bulleit now.

Ink, again, thanks much for setting that up. It was great to meet you, your brother, Taro, and even d4rk. Those seats were kickass.

Here's what I learned:

3) The Sabres need to get a goaltender in the system, and outside of Foligno, I'm not too hot on the forwards, either.

4) I need to get a hotel room and plan on working the following day in Roch next time I do this, because not having beers sucked. So did the drive home. But it's all being soothed with a nice glass--well, really, a tumbler--of Bulleit now.

Never had a white hot before ?!?!?

Point 3 is one of the reasons I'm not keen on emptying the system in a trade for Nash--the pipeline could use some help.

Here's what I learned:

Yeah, you do, friggin' wet blanket. ;)

A whole bunch of Amerks ended up at Nathaniels after the game. Thought about mentioning to Foligno that I was looking forward to seeing him in b&g for 82 next year, but figured it would be rude to say that in front of Adam.

Archived