F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Well if it's your birthday I'd hope you get both gifts of that day, so I'd rather have a random day like 3-14 where I can get both for no reason  :D

That is, if you have someone to celebrate it with. Otherwise you end up trying weird yoga poses 

:lol:

Those weird yoga poses never seem to work out... :bag:

Well it's my Bday today.  Unfortunately I'm turning the big 3-0 and everything goes down hill from here.  The good news is we're going to a great little restaurant tonight that have juicy, thick cut steaks.  I'm debating between the 12 oz or 16 oz fully loaded! 

Also, it's suppose to be pushing 30 degrees (86 for you Yanks) on the weekend.  Finally, I mean finally, the summer weather is on the way! 

lol it's all a mindset, man... 30 was anticlimactic.  Enjoy your b-day weekend.

Hope you get it Bio. You are due a good turn. 

I certainly am.  Unfortunately after more than two weeks I still haven't heard back from her.  :(  I did, however, finally hear back about a more local job I'd applied for a while back.  Phone interview with the recruiter went well and he was going to recommend they contact me to schedule an in-person interview, although I'm not sure how soon they'll be doing that (it sounded like they were going through candidates in batches).  I'm not sure I actually want this job, and it'd be almost an hour commute each way, but I find myself hoping it works out anyhow because it would be a solid pay increase and I need to come to terms with the fact that I simply can't afford to sell my house and move like I want to after all the termite stuff.  Hopefully everything will work out somehow.  

If only your birthday was on 3/14... ;)

:w00t:  ;)

Well if it's your birthday I'd hope you get both gifts of that day, so I'd rather have a random day like 3-14 where I can get both for no reason  :D

That is, if you have someone to celebrate it with. Otherwise you end up trying weird yoga poses 

Yep :flirt:

I thought Liger was about 23 or 24.

Derrico, at 30, you should be handling 22 oz. steaks.  Leave the 12 oz. steaks to us old guys who can't metabolize the real ones.

I've been trying to act older  :(

U.S. economy added 223,000 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased to 5.4 percent, the lowest since 2008. Hopefully the demand for labor will trigger increases in wages.

Thanks Obama.

Is it sad I had to do math cause I kind of forgot. 26.

(you kind of stop keeping track past early 20's amirite?)

Dude, I'm still the baby on this board. Jeez. I forgot the other day what age I was, then remembered I lose my father's health care when I turn 26 in September. Because my company offers the shittiest, most expensive health care, which they illegally kept me from getting information on for the first 2 years. Barf. 

F'n Fantastic- it's nice out, RIT is out in 2 weeks and my evenings will free up a bit then. Which means I'm immediately going to clutter them up again- looks like with bouldering/rock climbing and running, mostly. 

And I can finally do a chin up! I know that's nothing to a lot of dudes, but.. I have never. In my life. Been able to do one.

All the cirque stuff I do has finally made it possible!!! I've also got these weird things in my arms and stomach.. I think they call them muscles?? And I'm scoring a lot more on the ice now, too! I'm in better shape at 25 than I ever was as a teen (even with a second degree blackbelt). It feels awesome. Now, if I could just get to where I could run a gawshdurn mile without dying... cardio and I are not friends. 

And Bio- good luck! I'm rootin' for ya! 

Almost into the conference finals- more fun ahead! 

Dude, I'm still the baby on this board. Jeez. I forgot the other day what age I was, then remembered I lose my father's health care when I turn 26 in September. Because my company offers the shittiest, most expensive health care, which they illegally kept me from getting information on for the first 2 years. Barf. 

F'n Fantastic- it's nice out, RIT is out in 2 weeks and my evenings will free up a bit then. Which means I'm immediately going to clutter them up again- looks like with bouldering/rock climbing and running, mostly. 

And I can finally do a chin up! I know that's nothing to a lot of dudes, but.. I have never. In my life. Been able to do one.

All the cirque stuff I do has finally made it possible!!! I've also got these weird things in my arms and stomach.. I think they call them muscles?? And I'm scoring a lot more on the ice now, too! I'm in better shape at 25 than I ever was as a teen (even with a second degree blackbelt). It feels awesome. Now, if I could just get to where I could run a gawshdurn mile without dying... cardio and I are not friends. 

And Bio- good luck! I'm rootin' for ya! 

Almost into the conference finals- more fun ahead! 

Sam Bennett has nothing on you.

Congratulations Josie, you have now qualified to be drafted by the Calgary Flames.

Beat me by one second.

I'm 20 and my knees already hurt every day, and I'm not just picking on older folk

I think it was all of the goaltending I did from ages 8 to 15 without understanding what stretching is, while trying to be Dominik Hasek. Yikes.

ok i guess I'm not the baby.

Take care of those things! Do stretches now- seriously- yoga can help!!! As someone who used to just sit in the splits while studying who cannot even get halfway down anymore- work at it while you can! 

Congratulations Josie, you have now qualified to be drafted by the Calgary Flames.

I can breathe on a mirror... does that help? And I look good in red... let's go. But you can't preface my name with "18 year old". sorry. 

Edited by Josie914

ok i guess I'm not the baby.

Take care of those things! Do stretches now- seriously- yoga can help!!! As someone who used to just sit in the splits while studying who cannot even get halfway down anymore- work at it while you can! 

I can breathe on a mirror... does that help? And I look good in red... let's go. But you can't preface my name with "18 year old". sorry.

You're definitely right, and I have been working on it! I go full cardio during the summer, lots of long hilly roads, and so I'll get my stretching in then. Five more days until freedom! And as far as F'N Fantastic, my first exam this morning lasted 30 minutes. I have the ACS for chem soon then I'm done til Monday!

It's Friday show and tell for my son and today he decided to bring my mini Sabres Stanley Cup (from the beer box) that was given to me by one of my friends when I was 16. We've been watching the playoffs together and teaching him the game because he has a lot of questions.

As I'm walking him to the school door, he tells me his show and tell object and then I'm like, well what are you going to say about it? So I start quickly spouting off different Stanley Cup facts and end it with, "The leafs haven't won this thing in 48 years". My son goes, " that's a long time". I'm laughing at how much concern I showed for him being able to present a bunch of 6-yr olds some accurate facts.

And going forward, as far as I'm concerned, pre-expansion cups don't count anymore!

post-257-0-55712900-1431100057_thumb.jpg

Edited by Monkeygirl

I'm old and I don't get this reference. Explain?

Oh, and my birthday is 3/14!

March 14 is know to some as "steak and a BJ day."  It's supposedly payback for February 14, which is Valentine's Day, seen by some as a day that women, but not men, enjoy.

IMO, in any decent relationship, one does not have to wait for one day a year for such pleasantry.  Either the 2/14 or 3/14 kind.

Edited by Eleven

32oz. Ribeye / baked potato w/s.cream + chives / 4 martinis > BJ

Eat it up, go home and pass out, wake up at 3am and take a pooper and 2 Excedrin, then wake her up and say..."It's still my birthday in Alaska"......

You're doing the last thing wrong then.

I'm 20 and my knees already hurt every day, and I'm not just picking on older folk ????

I think it was all of the goaltending I did from ages 8 to 15 without understanding what stretching is, while trying to be Dominik Hasek. Yikes.

I twisted my knee last weekend playing hockey, and it's still swollen. If it's still like this next week I'll go to the doctor. I'm worried it might be the meniscus. And I do plan on trying to play this weekend.

I twisted my knee last weekend playing hockey, and it's still swollen. If it's still like this next week I'll go to the doctor. I'm worried it might be the meniscus. And I do plan on trying to play this weekend.

This is not a smart plan.  Your knee is still swollen 6 or 7 days later for a reason.

Edited by Eleven

Don't worry Josie, I consider myself a fairly athletic person. Played college volleyball, continue to play pick up basketball/soccer/tennis and am an avid golfer. All that said, I have the running cardio of an obese 60 year old. Sometimes running just isn't your thing...

32oz. Ribeye / baked potato w/s.cream + chives / 4 martinis > BJ

Eat it up, go home and pass out, wake up at 3am and take a pooper and 2 Excedrin, then wake her up and say..."It's still my birthday in Alaska"......

:w00t: That is excellent.

U.S. economy added 223,000 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased to 5.4 percent, the lowest since 2008. Hopefully the demand for labor will trigger increases in wages.

This goes in the politics thread, not here.