Lindy Ruff

Rico4Hall12

I didn't think you were this big of an A-hole to attempt character assassination by continuing to beat your own humorless drum.

Character assassination? my goodness, do you ever take the time to read what you write? The Kaletas, Flash mobs, and recently Sekera threads of recent memory comes to mind.....

Believe it or not, it is hard to respond to your content without talking about what you write. Funny though, I didn't think I was the one pitching bile. I will consider it.

I mean that truly.

I really do enjoy talking about the game when I think people knowledgeable about the game allow the context of the game to inform the content of their writing. In this particular case I found those factors entirely lacking. So I wrote as much. Which probably helps to entrench you in bizarre, and at times freakishly grotesque opinions.

As for not being an ass, okay, I'll try not to be an ass if you promise to be smarter and not write ugly hair-brained narratives about everyday on-ice occurrences. If I'm being an ass, feel free to call me on it,

If you write dumb stuff may I call you on it?

(For the record...I thought "accordion solo" was funny.)

Character assassination? my goodness, do you ever take the time to read what you write? The Kaletas, Flash mobs, and recently Sekera threads of recent memory comes to mind.....

Believe it or not, it is hard to respond to your content without talking about what you write. Funny though, I didn't think I was the one pitching bile. I will consider it.

I mean that truly.

I really do enjoy talking about the game when I think people knowledgeable about the game allow the context of the game to inform the content of their writing. In this particular case I found those factors entirely lacking. So I wrote as much. Which probably helps to entrench you in bizarre, and at times freakishly grotesque opinions.

As for not being an ass, okay, I'll try not to be an ass if you promise to be smarter and not write ugly hair-brained narratives about everyday on-ice occurrences. If I'm being an ass, feel free to call me on it,

If you write dumb stuff may I call you on it?

(For the record...I thought "accordion solo" was funny.)

Please don't get me started on the Kaleta thing. I sometimes have a hard time balancing the fact many people can be selfish on a personal level, yet not have the experience in certain areas to identify selfishness in someone else. I'm not calling you selfish, I'm just saying I see 2 giant conflicts of interest before anything else. The average Joe says, "Yea! Hockey Rink!".

And I try not bringing it to a level where I need to say "Average Joe", but when someone can't see a giant conflict of interest in raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for kids with cancer, but then using that money and giving it to your uncle to build a hockeyrink in East Buttfluff, NY....where he receives hundreds of thousands additional in taxpayer money....then....you need to sit at the kiddie table on Thanksgiving.

Sekera? It probably is unfair of me to single him out since I have plenty of firsthand accounts on plenty of athletes. Problem is I respect most of those other guys. Whatever, he's here, he's heartless, he's overpaid. Nice #6 defenseman.

You need to help me with the Flash mob thing. Not computing.

Do I go over the top in some analogies or in my attempted humor at times....yes. I won't blame you if you don't like that, and the way I do so is USUALLY guised in a way that the average teenager will have no clue what I am getting at. It's at times like this when posters line up to jump the messenger instead of just saying, "I think your opinion is crazy but God bless you"....that I will be a little less worried about how what I say comes across.

Every now and then you stump me. I know you have missed the contex of jokes before, but you started get a little lawyery on me this go around. I don't like that. I explained multiple times what I meant for the humor impared, yet you pushed it. That makes me scratch my head.

I like accordions

I'm actually changing my tune a little here. (Damn you ,GoDD). We have talked for years on here that it was all about Lindy and his precious system. It was the reason stars left and he remained, why we didn't have to pay stars because we had Lindy,... "I'll get'em into the playoffs."

Maybe it is these little passive aggressive (actually, just aggressive) acts where it starts and why no leaders have emerged from within. Just sayin', it's worth thinking about.

(Again, Damn you, GoDD!)

You can't hear the leaky faucet if you whistle loud enough to make it go away. Instead of looking for potential correlations, best just to keep whistling.

noone has to character assassinate you all they have to do is let you make more posts like you have in this thread.

As to the whole I woulda knocked that damn stick out of his hands comment..... Thats why your not getting paid to play hockey. Acting like that to your coach gets you labeled as uncoachable and unless you are the 2nd coming of Gordie Howe wrapped in Wayne Gretky with a side of Mario then you won't make it professionaly as a "uncoachable" player.

For the video sure it was aggressive it was also a bit of joking. That is Lindy's style and considering the sabres are considered a team that does a better then most job of finding and developing talent this past decade I can't argue with his results. The only thing I think Lindy has to prove is that he can develop a skilled power forward. Something I don't think he has had a fair shot at doing yet with the way we have drafted

I think if any of us waved that stick there would be risk, but not if a professional (or ex professional) hockey player is doing it, it's controlled and there's a point to it. Kids either get told, or get put down, just like school. For some reason I'm thinking Lindros with that statement.

I re-watched the clip this afternoon after this thread continued to spiral out of control and I came away with the impression that Lindy was 100% in control of the stick at all times and put it exactly where he wanted it. There was no "blind swinging towards the head" that at any time was reckless or created any danger.

Why not? Game 7 highlights against Philly are up as well.

Nice, but a bit edgy here.

Look at the participants here. Do you think any of them are going to concede defeat? :doh:

Never.

Here lets put it this way:

Pegula says that he runs things with a family atmosphere, so therefore he would want his players treated with respect, I feel like after 5 months, Tpegs would be upset if Ruff were abusing his players and Tedd Black would have fired or not resigned him to a contract extension.

Good call.

I'm actually changing my tune a little here. (Damn you ,GoDD). We have talked for years on here that it was all about Lindy and his precious system. It was the reason stars left and he remained, why we didn't have to pay stars because we had Lindy,... "I'll get'em into the playoffs."

Maybe it is these little passive aggressive (actually, just aggressive) acts where it starts and why no leaders have emerged from within. Just sayin', it's worth thinking about.

(Again, Damn you, GoDD!)

Huh? Who ever said his system was why good players left?

Miller's not a leader? Myers? Pommer? (Pommer might not have the production, but I'll bet the guys in the room take him pretty seriously.) Vanek?

McKee? He was definitely home-grown. Campbell? I think a lot of people here have bitched about his loss because he was a "leader" (he wasn't, but you can't have it both ways).

And what about the guys who Lindy Ruff made into leaders even though the Sabres didn't draft them? Briere, Drury, those guys were "leaders" before? Spare the bs.

And let's not forget Jeff Jillson. (Ok, now I'm kidding.)

Well actually, now that you bring it up...

Please don't get me started on the Kaleta thing. I sometimes have a hard time balancing the fact many people can be selfish on a personal level, yet not have the experience in certain areas to identify selfishness in someone else. I'm not calling you selfish, I'm just saying I see 2 giant conflicts of interest before anything else. The average Joe says, "Yea! Hockey Rink!".

And I try not bringing it to a level where I need to say "Average Joe", but when someone can't see a giant conflict of interest in raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for kids with cancer, but then using that money and giving it to your uncle to build a hockeyrink in East Buttfluff, NY....where he receives hundreds of thousands additional in taxpayer money....then....you need to sit at the kiddie table on Thanksgiving.

Sekera? It probably is unfair of me to single him out since I have plenty of firsthand accounts on plenty of athletes. Problem is I respect most of those other guys. Whatever, he's here, he's heartless, he's overpaid. Nice #6 defenseman.

Did this happen? Link?

As for Reggie, you could certainly be right, and I have no firsthand knowledge, but a lot of times kids go out boozing, someone sees them a bit sauced, tell their friends, it gets repeated, it gets exaggerated, and the next thing you know one of the guys is a souse with no heart. He's no sure thing, but his ceiling is high and he sure responded well to being benched in the 2nd half of last season. That took some guts.

The only thing I think Lindy has to prove is that he can develop a skilled power forward. Something I don't think he has had a fair shot at doing yet with the way we have drafted

There is a reasonable chance that Stafford turns into that guy this season. And Kassian might give them a 2nd one next season.

I re-watched the clip this afternoon after this thread continued to spiral out of control and I came away with the impression that Lindy was 100% in control of the stick at all times and put it exactly where he wanted it. There was no "blind swinging towards the head" that at any time was reckless or created any danger.

Please look from 1:40 - 1:46

Lindy made his point with his little show and chop to his head.....then at this point after a 5 second pause, he goes at it again and swings the stick over his back without looking where it is going. I just noticed this when I went back to reference this...but you can hear the stick make contact with Adam's visor or helmet. I guess it would be kind of hard to hear it make contact with a cornea on video....but to say Lindy is in control at that point is not valid.

Kassian even looks back at Adam to see if he is ok, at which point Lindy does his little bull rush at Kassian.

Did this happen? Link?

Here was the thread about it. I will find a link to Kaleta's charity. Uncle not only building rink through his company, but is also inspector and oversees subcontractors. Kaleta raised money under the names Roswell and Cradle Beach....and the big shalami goes to his uncle to build a $5 million hockey rink.

Bless the beasts and the children

Here was the thread about it. I will find a link to Kaleta's charity. Uncle not only building rink through his company, but is also inspector and oversees subcontractors. Kaleta raised money under the names Roswell and Cradle Beach....and the big shalami goes to his uncle to build a $5 million hockey rink.

On his HITS foundation website, it lists programs as Roswell and Cradle Beach, but says he is an advocate and spokesman. No mention of financial support. The only thing I can see that they gave was 4 tickets to a few Sabres games for Cradle Beach It says they want to help people afford sports, which is cool, but the original mention of wanting to build a rink was burried down the page in a one sentence blurb.

Let's just say my wallet and ambition would be 1000x different in dealing with kids from Roswell and a family construction project in the middle of nowhere. Considering the mention, links, and pictures of the kids....I would hope they received some financial support. Yeah Pat....I'm an advocate and spokesman for Carly's Club as well. Maybe we can partner up, buy up some land, and build a horse farm with a training track in East Aurora. The kids will love coming out and visiting the animals. It will be great for the community.

Miller's not a leader? Myers? Pommer? (Pommer might not have the production, but I'll bet the guys in the room take him pretty seriously.) Vanek?

McKee? He was definitely home-grown. Campbell? I think a lot of people here have bitched about his loss because he was a "leader" (he wasn't, but you can't have it both ways).

And what about the guys who Lindy Ruff made into leaders even though the Sabres didn't draft them? Briere, Drury, those guys were "leaders" before? Spare the bs.

And let's not forget Jeff Jillson. (Ok, now I'm kidding.)

Miller, no. Myers, no (maybe some day). Vanek, I'd say he's close. In my mind, Pominville is the only one who at least appears to be a leader. Maybe it's just that French Canadian arrogance (no offense meant) that allows him to separate himself from Lindy's influence. I would choose him to wear the C over anyone else.

I also don't believe that Lindy had anything to do with who Drury and Briere became as players and leaders.

It's also curious that it wasn't until Timmy went down last year that the team truly folded. I don't know what that means but I find it curious.

Miller, no. Myers, no (maybe some day). Vanek, I'd say he's close. In my mind, Pominville is the only one who at least appears to be a leader. Maybe it's just that French Canadian arrogance (no offense meant) that allows him to separate himself from Lindy's influence. I would choose him to wear the C over anyone else.

I also don't believe that Lindy had anything to do with who Drury and Briere became as players and leaders.

It's also curious that it wasn't until Timmy went down last year that the team truly folded. I don't know what that means but I find it curious.

I love Pominville as a person and he always faces the heat with the media. I don't expect him to be a physical force out there. Yes, he's overpaid and one of the skill core Darcy doubled down on, but I would take him on my team any day all things being equal.

Drury was always Drury. He was younger and had Sakic, Foote, Bourque and Blake ahead of him on the charts...then Iginla and a bunch of complimentary B-Leaders in Calgary his short stay. He just stood out in Buffalo without that over the top leadership other teams have.

Lindy didn't gel with Briere. Briere was one of the few guys to tell him to shove it at times. He had the production to do so. You can give credit for his development as a player in the system, but his brand of leadership wasn't always appreciated. Just the fact he went to ugly arbitration and it was decided he would walk way ahead of time clues us in on that. Dumont getting let go was a fine how do you do to Danny as well. That's ok...when the Sabres were busy getting investigators to shake down soccer moms, Briere was going to the cup and sending Lindy packing.

First off, I am not buying into anything and didn't suggest as such. What I am doing, and what we all should do, is keeping an open mind to the possibility that things in a brief clip *might* not be as they appear. I really don't have any doubt that the situation was relatively innocent. But there is a possibility it isn't. Do I think that Lindy is dumb enough to demean his players during an on-ice session that was open to the public? No. Is it possible? Sure. And that's all I (and NF) are getting at. My OPINION is that nothing of substance happened here. Your OPINION is that nothing of substance happened here. Dwight's OPINION is that this an act of a man trying to demean his player. It is OPINION. Where you are going wrong here is that you are treating this like a debate that can be won or lost. Look at the participants here. Do you think any of them are going to concede defeat? :doh:

It'd be a really dull forum if we all just accepted everyone as possibly right and moved on with our lives, :).

(Again, Damn you, GoDD!)

No leaders from within? Vanek, Roy, Miller, Myers?

It'd be a really dull forum if we all just accepted everyone as possibly right and moved on with our lives, :).

Truth. I'm as entertained as anyone by this little train wreck of a thread. :thumbsup:

No leaders from within? Vanek, Roy, Miller, Myers?

I think that was covered several posts up. Vanek, maybe. Roy, hell freaking no. Miller, sure. Myers, someday.

On the balanc, there isn't much prime leadeship on this team. Where Dwight and I differ is on the likely reasons why. Dwight is concerned that Lindy's methods are likely why there are no good leaders on this team. I think it is because Buffalo has done a poor job of drafting players with leadership potential.

Wow. You really know how to turn things inside out. The hockey rink was the number one thing Kaleta wanted to do from the beginning of his HITS foundation. He bought the land years ago. But yet you want to make it seem like he's stealing chemo treatments from 3 yr olds. f off.

Truth. I'm as entertained as anyone by this little train wreck of a thread. :thumbsup:

I think that was covered several posts up. Vanek, maybe. Roy, hell freaking no. Miller, sure. Myers, someday.

On the balanc, there isn't much prime leadeship on this team. Where Dwight and I differ is on the likely reasons why. Dwight is concerned that Lindy's methods are likely why there are no good leaders on this team. I think it is because Buffalo has done a poor job of drafting players with leadership potential.

I noticed when I replied, I just could be bothered to delete my addition lol.

$100,000 in tax breaks is not taxpayer money. Do your research, what money are you talking about? :thumbdown:

Building code is binary - it either meets code or it doesn't.

The town and planning board - have done a thorough job with concerns. Of course there

is always a chance of graft --- but there is no evidence of any. That's why there is a process. It has been very deliberate. Where else are kids in Southern Erie, Northern Catt going to go for ice time. Currently parents get up at 3 AM to pack the car and get their kids up at 4 AM to drive 2 hours to get ready for 7 AM ice time. It's pretty typical.

You are hyper-vigilant of course. But where is the graft? Where?

Sorry if that sounds lawyer-ly....I'm not one.

The insinuation is that he has a substance abuse/alcohol problem, perhaps you have first hand evidence....but what I suspect is that it is just a smear. Can you blame me for suspecting that?

Happy birthday and oral? Refresh your memory?

Do I go over the top in some analogies or in my attempted humor at times....yes. I won't blame you if you don't like that, and the way I do so is USUALLY guised in a way that the average teenager will have no clue what I am getting at. It's at times like this when posters line up to jump the messenger instead of just saying, "I think your opinion is crazy but God bless you"....that I will be a little less worried about how what I say comes across.

But I don't think you are a messenger. Sincerely, I don't. It is a game, and a damn good one. Behind the mystery veil - there is only more hockey. There is no further meaning.

Most hockey questions have hockey answers. The business questions of hockey, usually have business answers. (some answers are better than others).

Every now and then you stump me. I know you have missed the contex of jokes before, but you started get a little lawyery on me this go around. I don't like that. I explained multiple times what I meant for the humor impared, yet you pushed it. That makes me scratch my head.

Nothing like a good mouth-rape joke to highlight any serious point you were trying to make about your perception of Lindy's predatory behavior. Maybe one undermines the other.

Maybe I scratch my head....I don't think it is as transparent to your readers as you may believe.

Obviously...you are serious about Kaleta's corruption - Lindy's predatory behaviour, and Sekera at some level.

I like accordions

:lol: Me too.

Wow. You really know how to turn things inside out. The hockey rink was the number one thing Kaleta wanted to do from the beginning of his HITS foundation. He bought the land years ago. But yet you want to make it seem like he's stealing chemo treatments from 3 yr olds. f off.

Thank you for beating me to the punch. Some on here just enjoy riling people up

I like accordions

So if people don't agree with you they are morons? F u and f off. You claiming something exists or doesn't exist over and over again doesn't make it so. The fact that no one sees what you see, despite the width and breadth of opinions, personalities, educational backgrounds and life experiences on this board, should be a huge red flag to you.

Debate is impossible with someone who doesn't deal in facts.

Piss off, I'm done with you.

Me too.

$100,000 in tax breaks is not taxpayer money.

Well, I agree with this, but it does depend on who you ask.

It's pretty much devolved to pure trolling across a wide variety of topics...again. This is what I was trying to say a couple of months ago: dude, if you just want to rile people up, can you do it elsewhere?

There, I put it more nicely this time.

Archived