Lindy Ruff

Rico4Hall12

I wonder if anyone has done the analysis to see if Kaleta's uncle actually underbid the going rate of the contract as a favor to Pat? Maybe he is actually doing his part to reduce the cost due to his connection to the project?

I wonder if anyone has done the analysis to see if Kaleta's uncle actually underbid the going rate of the contract as a favor to Pat? Maybe he is actually doing his part to reduce the cost due to his connection to the project?

It is an excellent question.

I don't imagine you get a lot of field house and rink for 5.5 million.

Research is not allowed. Only blind accusations are acceptable.

Kaleta probably beat up his uncle to get that price. You know, anything is possible. :rolleyes:

With his uncle's influence as Town Building Inspector, I am sure he used his substantial influence to cause all the springville contractors he deals with every day to submit inflated bids. I'm sure all those guys with a pickup truck and a ladder who normally keep busy patching drywall and bulding decks were just lining up to submit a bid on a 5.5 million highly specialized construction project like an icerink/multi-use athletic complex.

Be that as it may - where does it say anywhere that Kaleta's uncle is going to be building the ice rink? I can't find it. This is another fallacy created by the master of alternate reality. Pat's HITS Foundation is funding it in conjunction with his Uncle's 2-19 Sports Inc. company - but nowhere is it reported that Kaleta's Uncle is building the rink.

Kaleta probably beat up his uncle to get that price. You know, anything is possible. :rolleyes:

I think it was still put out to bid...I don't know who won it. Or if anyone came in at their price...

I thought Uncle Kaleta was managing the project (he's also the code officer) and that bids were out....from a distance it looked like someone was already grading the land last time I looked.

IIRC they are getting 7 years tax free from the town.

With his uncle's influence as Town Building Inspector, I am sure he used his substantial influence to cause all the springville contractors he deals with every day to submit inflated bids. I'm sure all those guys with a pickup truck and a ladder who normally keep busy patching drywall and bulding decks were just lining up to submit a bid on a 5.5 million highly specialized construction project like an icerink/multi-use athletic complex.

Be that as it may - where does it say anywhere that Kaleta's uncle is going to be building the ice rink? I can't find it. This is another fallacy create d by the master of alternate reality. Pat's HITS Foundation is funding it in conjunction with his Uncle's 2-19 Sports Inc. company - but nowhere is it reported that Kaleta's Uncle is building the rink.

LOUD NOISES!!

Drane filter on.

Thats because its never getting built you see.....its a conspiracy, they are funneling donations away from kids with cancer into a tax shelter in the cayman islands to fund a secret project we cannot discuss within the bounds of this board........You are an idiot if you dont see that on the HITS website. Clearly.

Drane filter now off.

I hate what this thread has turned into. It was entertaining for awhile but it is starting to look like someone who is attempting suicide-by-cop on this forum.

You get at something that is key to Dwight's premise. Devil's advocate here but I think Drane's point all along was that there is a possibility that Uncle K could very easily overbid the project and get away with it because it is such a feel good project started up by a local hero. Who would question it? I'm not saying it is likely, and call me a cynic but if I had any skin in the deal I'd want some sort of assurance that the project was bid with market rates for labor and material mark up. And regardless of who is heading it up, it is prudent to make sure donors aren't "donating" to Uncle K at the same time they are donating to a rink and athletic center. I guess I think of all of the corruption in Erie County and Buffalo (Parks Dept maintaining 1st ward churches anyone?) and I can see where hiring a relative to do work financed by someone else would be a point worth questioning. Do I think, or even assume, that this is the case here? No. But I'd certainly hope that someone with some authority HAS looked into the bid and deemed it kosher.

I'm not taking Dwight's side here, he's managed to go far enough off into the ether that he's on his own, but there is a point to the madness he's unleashed over the last few days. His delivery is his main undoing, not the question he poses IMO.

Edit- Ugh, OK I see some responses since I've started this post. Unc is the town building inspector. That makes a shady deal less liekly IMO. Unless Unc is getting kickbacks from contractors I don't see how Unc benefits financially from shady doings.

LOUD NOISES!!

Drane filer on.

Thats because its never getting built you see.....its a conspiracy, they are funneling donations away from kids with cancer into a tax shelter in the cayman islands to fund a secret project we cannot discuss within the bounds of this board........You are an idiot if you dont see that on the HITS website. Clearly.

Drane filer now off.

What difference does it make who builds it or where the money comes from. The world is about to end anyway.

I hate what this thread has turned into. It was entertaining for awhile but it is starting to look like someone who is attempting suicide-by-cop on this forum.

You get at something that is key to Dwight's premise. Devil's advocate here but I think Drane's point all along was that there is a possibility that Uncle K could very easily overbid the project and get away with it because it is such a feel good project started up by a local hero. Who would question it? I'm not saying it is likely, and call me a cynic but if I had any skin in the deal I'd want some sort of assurance that the project was bid with market rates for labor and material mark up. And regardless of who is heading it up, it is prudent to make sure donors aren't "donating" to Uncle K at the same time they are donating to a rink and athletic center. I guess I think of all of the corruption in Erie County and Buffalo (Parks Dept maintaining 1st ward churches anyone?) and I can see where hiring a relative to do work financed by someone else would be a point worth questioning. Do I think, or even assume, that this is the case here? No. But I'd certainly hope that someone with some authority HAS looked into the bid and deemed it kosher.

I'm not taking Dwight's side here, he's managed to go far enough off into the ether that he's on his own, but there is a point to the madness he's unleashed over the last few days. His delivery is his main undoing, not the question he poses IMO.

Back up the truck. Bids are only required on public projects. This isn't a public project. Its a private project being pursued by private entities - they can hire whoever they want.

All that said, other than DD's wild claims, I have still seen no indication that Uncle K is building the rink. Anyone have a link? anyone? All I have seen is that the HITS foundation, in conjunction with Uncle K's Two 19 Sports Inc. are the responsible entities. Uncle K, through Two 19 sports, was raising capital for the project.

As far as your suicide by cop comment, that's exactly what it feels like. What I can't decide is whether its better to give him what he wants or ignore him. Giving him what he wants would feed his narcissism and make him happy in a perverse way. Ignoring him would be more painful, but there is no way everyone could or would do so.

Back up the truck. Bids are only required on public projects. This isn't a public project. Its a private project being pursued by private entities - they can hire whoever they want.

True. 19 Sports Inc. said it was putting it out for bids.

All that said, other than DD's wild claims, I have still seen no indication that Uncle K is building the rink. Anyone have a link? anyone? All I have seen is that the HITS foundation, in conjunction with Uncle K's Two 19 Sports Inc. are the responsible entities. Uncle K, through Two 19 sports, was raising capital for the project.

I think you have it right. He does have a construction company that does kitchen renovations.

but he is a volunteer fireman. Those guys are shady. ;)

http://www.villageofspringvilleny.com/bio.php3?idkey=13

It's a good question. And if I really cared, I would look.

I said my opinion when the story was first posted and left it because I don't care. I never accused anyone of anything, I just said it has a lot of holes in the timeline that invite for questions. X brought it up again. I said my opinion again.

It's obvious this has transformed from a brushfire to a blaze. I appreciate those who don't agree with me at least expressing I have a right to an opinion. There are plenty of good people here, even many of those in the lynch mob. It really will not be productive to hang around after this. I appreciate your work Scott, and keeping your patience with me given what was going on away from the board.

I don't mind egging people on, but i am not proud when it turns into a rock throwing contest. I will always call it like it is. That is a recipe for disaster here given the Sabres current climate.

I will finish out this little go-around until it fizzles and be gone. I was excited about Regehr coming in, one of 2 players I identified that would get me behind this team. That is why I chimed back in the first place. The usual suspects can do their little mexican hat dance about it and yadda yadda, but I'll be out for good. As I said in PPP a few years ago....I will let history judge.

And I haven't forgotten nfreeman. I got you covered one way or the other.

True. 19 Sports Inc. said it was putting it out for bids.

I think you have it right.

but he is a volunteer fireman. Those guys are shady. ;)

http://www.villageofspringvilleny.com/bio.php3?idkey=13

Do you have a link to something that says they are putting it out to bid? They can allow bids if they choose to, but they certainly don't have to, and even if the do they don't have to hire the lowest. They can hire whoever they want.

Volunteer fireman. We should have known. Just another ploy by those damn Kaletas.

Do you have a link to something that says they are putting it out to bid? They can allow bids if they choose to, but they certainly don't have to, and even if the do they don't have to hire the lowest. They can hire whoever they want.

Volunteer fireman. We should have known. Just another ploy by those damn Kaletas.

I think it was in the town minutes from the Spring.

I think it was in the town minutes from the Spring. It should be online somewhere.

I realize. I was thinking more about protecting the donors who are giving cash in good faith. I know that there isn't any assumption about fair bidding. Now that I am aware that Unc is the building inspector, I don;t think the concerns that GoDD were voicing are relevant. I am sure there is still a possibility of shady dealings. I'm not sure I see how Unc could benefit from them though. And keep in mind, that post was an exercize in Devil's Advocate. And the premice I was working from was flawed.

As far as your suicide by cop comment, that's exactly what it feels like. What I can't decide is whether its better to give him what he wants or ignore him. Giving him what he wants would feed his narcissism and make him happy in a perverse way. Ignoring him would be more painful, but there is no way everyone could or would do so.

That is what it feels like to me. But I don't understand what would justify it.

I'll be honest, I'm in the minority in that I enjoy Drane's postings here and would rather he didn't shoot himself in the foot. Then again, I see his posts as humor with nuggets of truth amid a bunch of "whatever", not as a point that needs, or even warrants, bebuttal. I am sure the fact that I am a cynic-at-heart helps more than a little.

So is Ghost an ex-Christian Fundamentalist who became frustrated when the Rapture didn't come to fruition as he predicted? Is that why he's so bitter?

I'd ask him myself but I'm afraid my question wouldn't entertain him enough nor help him to sharpen his chops.

GO SABRES!!!

Ask whatever you want. People were too busy trying to mock me in 2007-08 instead of comprehending what I was telling them. A few understood and I hope they stuck to their guns.

Please don't get me started on the Kaleta thing. I sometimes have a hard time balancing the fact many people can be selfish on a personal level, yet not have the experience in certain areas to identify selfishness in someone else. I'm not calling you selfish, I'm just saying I see 2 giant conflicts of interest before anything else. The average Joe says, "Yea! Hockey Rink!".

And I try not bringing it to a level where I need to say "Average Joe", but when someone can't see a giant conflict of interest in raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for kids with cancer, but then using that money and giving it to your uncle to build a hockeyrink in East Buttfluff, NY....where he receives hundreds of thousands additional in taxpayer money....then....you need to sit at the kiddie table on Thanksgiving.

Sekera? It probably is unfair of me to single him out since I have plenty of firsthand accounts on plenty of athletes. Problem is I respect most of those other guys. Whatever, he's here, he's heartless, he's overpaid. Nice #6 defenseman.

You need to help me with the Flash mob thing. Not computing.

Do I go over the top in some analogies or in my attempted humor at times....yes. I won't blame you if you don't like that, and the way I do so is USUALLY guised in a way that the average teenager will have no clue what I am getting at. It's at times like this when posters line up to jump the messenger instead of just saying, "I think your opinion is crazy but God bless you"....that I will be a little less worried about how what I say comes across.

Every now and then you stump me. I know you have missed the contex of jokes before, but you started get a little lawyery on me this go around. I don't like that. I explained multiple times what I meant for the humor impared, yet you pushed it. That makes me scratch my head.

I like accordions

Here was the thread about it. I will find a link to Kaleta's charity. Uncle not only building rink through his company, but is also inspector and oversees subcontractors. Kaleta raised money under the names Roswell and Cradle Beach....and the big shalami goes to his uncle to build a $5 million hockey rink.

Bless the beasts and the children

On his HITS foundation website, it lists programs as Roswell and Cradle Beach, but says he is an advocate and spokesman. No mention of financial support. The only thing I can see that they gave was 4 tickets to a few Sabres games for Cradle Beach It says they want to help people afford sports, which is cool, but the original mention of wanting to build a rink was burried down the page in a one sentence blurb.

Let's just say my wallet and ambition would be 1000x different in dealing with kids from Roswell and a family construction project in the middle of nowhere. Considering the mention, links, and pictures of the kids....I would hope they received some financial support. Yeah Pat....I'm an advocate and spokesman for Carly's Club as well. Maybe we can partner up, buy up some land, and build a horse farm with a training track in East Aurora. The kids will love coming out and visiting the animals. It will be great for the community.

You are correct.

Yet on the website that was a one sentence paragraph burried 3/4 down the page. Programs were listed as Roswell and Cradle Beach, all the pictures show children with cancer, and donations are taken.

I didn't bring it up. Someone else did. I just find it humorous nobody sees any potential conflicts of interest. Well, there was one poster who banged it dead on, but I don't see him post much.

Ahh....yes....when a few dozen people showed up to the arena and called the news to be there when they sung happy birthday to Pegula.

Alright, I'm sorry if a family member was there. I was making a social commentary, that's all.

I find the Kaleta foundation misleading. I would have no idea about it except Chz posted the article. I just commented that the whole deal is loaded with conflicts of interest. Does that mean they are up to no good? Not at all. But to a rational observer with a HS education...you can see where there is plenty of possibility of wrongdoing beyond the norm.

Lindy...yes, I think that he does not like to be challenged by strong personalities and will try and win the favor of weaker psychied players and breaks down those on the border to mold them into his systemic ideal. You want control of your wife? Break her down until she loses her self-identity and self-esteem and views you as her purpose and looks to you for everything. There is a difference between saying someone is a sexual predator, and someone who uses predatory psychological behavior and tactics. In Lindy's case, I saw passive-aggressive actions in that small clip, and given the history of this team, the personalities he reveres and coddles, and the regression or departure of almost all strong personalities......NO.....I didn't get all fuzzy inside watching that video.

Sekera....my least favorite player on the ice. Maybe it isn't fair of me to single him out on the social front. I will give you that.

You are right X. I am crude at times. I always tried to do it in the name of entertainment. It's clear I make too many people upset, so it isn't worth it anymore to kill my boredom or sharpen my chops.

Yeah A-Rod...

And when in the last few years of fundraising was it stated that the money was going for a $5 million rink to be built by his uncle?

At least Cradle Beach is close to the new rink. Maybe they will get some free cotton candy. Anyone know who has the concessions contract yet?

Not Cradle Beach.....the new rink.

I give 100% support to the Sabres Alumni group. They work their ###### off. If out of thin air, Larry Playfair decides to build a $5 million rink in the middle of Lyndonville and gives the cash to his brother to do so....then, well.....I would have to reconsider.

It's a good question. And if I really cared, I would look.

I said my opinion when the story was first posted and left it because I don't care. I never accused anyone of anything, I just said it has a lot of holes in the timeline that invite for questions. X brought it up again. I said my opinion again.

It's obvious this has transformed from a brushfire to a blaze. I appreciate those who don't agree with me at least expressing I have a right to an opinion. There are plenty of good people here, even many of those in the lynch mob. It really will not be productive to hang around after this. I appreciate your work Scott, and keeping your patience with me given what was going on away from the board.

I don't mind egging people on, but i am not proud when it turns into a rock throwing contest. I will always call it like it is. That is a recipe for disaster here given the Sabres current climate.

I will finish out this little go-around until it fizzles and be gone. I was excited about Regehr coming in, one of 2 players I identified that would get me behind this team. That is why I chimed back in the first place. The usual suspects can do their little mexican hat dance about it and yadda yadda, but I'll be out for good. As I said in PPP a few years ago....I will let history judge.

And I haven't forgotten nfreeman. I got you covered one way or the other.

Right...

Archived