The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

• 1 month later...

I think Genny's Ruby Red Kolsch has been slotted into my beer of the summer spot. Easy drinking, tasty, just enough of that fruity flavor to make it refreshing.

Just cracked open a Sierra Nevada "No Middle Ground" coffee IPA. For science.

Not as horrifying as it sounds. Not particularly good. Meh.

I had some of that in a pack a week ago. It was fine. Nothing IPA about it to me, so it was just kind of a boring coffee ale.

I think Genny's Ruby Red Kolsch has been slotted into my beer of the summer spot. Easy drinking, tasty, just enough of that fruity flavor to make it refreshing.

I had some of that in a pack a week ago. It was fine. Nothing IPA about it to me, so it was just kind of a boring coffee ale.

Genny’s Kolsch is great. I love Genesee. Between Bock, Kolsch and their Oktoberfest, that covers a large portion of the calendar where you can buy a damn good quality beer for $8 a 12 pack.

Dogfishhead 60's were the beginning of the craft beer "thing" for me....... they will always have a special place in my heart and fridge. The 120's are a touch "boozy" for me.....

and the Genny Ruby Red Kolsch is a darn good lawnmoer beer...... light and refreshing.... Love the Brewpub

Dogfishhead 60's were the beginning of the craft beer "thing" for me....... they will always have a special place in my heart and fridge. The 120's are a touch "boozy" for me.....

and the Genny Ruby Red Kolsch is a darn good lawnmoer beer...... light and refreshing.... Love the Brewpub

the only way i have every truly enjoyed a 120 is after letting it sit for a year and then sipping on it over the course of an hour or so.

I have been avoiding the Ruby Red Kolsch because I tend to find Genny's smaller batches a little underwhelming, even for Genny. But all of these votes of confidence may entice me to give it a shot. 

I mean, its not blow you away good, but it knows what it is and hits the mark. Its like Flying Bison's Kolsch with a little bit extra.

the only way i have every truly enjoyed a 120 is after letting it sit for a year and then sipping on it over the course of an hour or so.

The 120s are terrible. Truly. One of the worst beers I've ever consumed, and the worst overall if you want to include cost into the equation. It's a lesson that more hops and more alcohol is not always a winning combination.

The 120s are terrible. Truly. One of the worst beers I've ever consumed, and the worst overall if you want to include cost into the equation. It's a lesson that more hops and more alcohol is not always a winning combination.

I understand that sentiment. I enjoy the far-out experimental ales ... to a point and under the right circumstances.

Genny’s Kolsch is great. I love Genesee. Between Bock, Kolsch and their Oktoberfest, that covers a large portion of the calendar where you can buy a damn good quality beer for $8 a 12 pack.

Came here to post about Genny's Ruby Red Kolsh. Glad to see a few peeps like minded. What a great summer brew and for the price, you can't beat it.

I wouldn't get all the way to terrible but the 60 & 90 minute varieties are enjoyable.

Ruby Red Kolsch.. it ain't a great Kolsch.

It is a great summer/lawn mower beer.

Walked outside to move my car for a coworker.. my god, it's perfect weather for one today.

but I have to go teach a fitness class in a sweaty basement

have one for me, boys 

I understand that sentiment. I enjoy the far-out experimental ales ... to a point and under the right circumstances.

I love experimental stuff! This one just happened to be awful and super expensive.

Came here to post about Genny's Ruby Red Kolsh. Glad to see a few peeps like minded. What a great summer brew and for the price, you can't beat it.

I wouldn't get all the way to terrible but the 60 & 90 minute varieties are enjoyable.

I stand by terrible. 60 is good, and I love 90 to pieces.

Now that the warm weather is back, I’ve been treading into unfamiliar waters recently. I’ve been wanting some fruity/juicy beer but not too sweet, so I’ve tried a few IPAs. Now I’ve never been a fan of IPAs, so anything that isn’t along the lines of a New England style IPA is still too hoppy and bitter for me. But I’ve enjoyed Blue Point citrus plunge, Flying Bison Juice caboose, and Great Lakes cloud cutter.

Now that the warm weather is back, I’ve been treading into unfamiliar waters recently. I’ve been wanting some fruity/juicy beer but not too sweet, so I’ve tried a few IPAs. Now I’ve never been a fan of IPAs, so anything that isn’t along the lines of a New England style IPA is still too hoppy and bitter for me. But I’ve enjoyed Blue Point citrus plunge, Flying Bison Juice caboose, and Great Lakes cloud cutter.

Wait for a super hot day and then go nuts and try a sour. Sometimes it just hits the spot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.