The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

Fair. This may be the trickiest part for CBW. They may not have the scale to price it the way you're talking.

That's why I said what I said.  I think it would be awesome if they could do some large batch runs and make it the Local Buffalo Beer that everyone drinks.  At introduction I think it will be $12 per 6, then probably settle in at $10-11.  Perhaps they can get it down a little but it will never be cheapo beer unless CBW sets up a dedicated mass production line for it (and then the quality may suffer).

CBW Definitely doesn't have the scale to can 30 racks of it, right now they don't even have a canning or bottling line. I assume someone else will be doing the actual production of it; they've done this in the past with the few things they've canned. Eventually they'll have their bigger production place up and running, but that could be 2020 before its at full flight.

Still, I'd bet its going to be something like 8 bucks a sixer, not 12. Just a guess, though.

CBW Definitely doesn't have the scale to can 30 racks of it, right now they don't even have a canning or bottling line. I assume someone else will be doing the actual production of it; they've done this in the past with the few things they've canned. Eventually they'll have their bigger production place up and running, but that could be 2020 before its at full flight.

Still, I'd bet its going to be something like 8 bucks a sixer, not 12. Just a guess, though.

FWIW, Buffalo Rising had an article a few weeks ago indicating that the new CBW facility will be up and running this year. Some of the stuff they're planning to do in there is cool as hell.

$9 for a 6 of bottles

I hope they can get there. Also, we'll hafta add 30 cents for deposit (refundable!) and a little less than $1.00 for the guvnah.

FWIW, Buffalo Rising had an article a few weeks ago indicating that the new CBW facility will be up and running this year. Some of the stuff they're planning to do in there is cool as hell.

I hope they can get there. Also, we'll hafta add 30 cents for deposit (refundable!) and a little less than $1.00 for the guvnah.

Did I read that the new facility is in Niagara Falls?  I could just ask the people I know who work there I suppose.  :)

Did I read that the new facility is in Niagara Falls? I could just ask the people I know who work there I suppose. :)

There is that - a brewpub venture.

On 7th Street in Buffalo, they’re building a big ass brewery. Not far from their original site.

I have no idea what Iroquois beer is. Feel free to shame me.

It was Buffalo’s Genesee in its day.

Noone actually posting in here knows what Iroquois beer is, they closed in '71. Maybe Millibank is old enough to have actually tasted it.

This is probably the case.

"it will be a light lager true to the post-Prohibition period when Iroquois was the largest brewery in Buffalo. It's going to be 4.3 percent alcohol, and will use flaked corn as an ingredient -- a nod to the "adjunct" grain brewing method typical of the post-Prohibition and pre-craft brewing era in America. (Craft brewers generally disdain grains like corn or rice, using barley malt instead)."

http://www.syracuse.com/drinks/index.ssf/2018/01/iroquois_beer_returns_to_buffalo_craft_brewer_resurrects_iconic_brand.html

So, awful, then. Good to know.

*sips a cold Genny* excuse you.

C’mon.

Iron City. Rainier. Lionshead. Old Style. Natty Boh.

I love me some regional macros.

I want to do a triple crown day. Start in Utica at FX Matt with a Utica Club for lunch, Genesee Brew Pub for dinner in Rochester, then Iroquois in Niagara Falls for dessert. :beer:

Alright. I have to come out now. I am a beer snob.

Living in Roanoke, VA, I have the following options: nationally known breweries such as Deschutes and Ballast Point 15 minutes away; many local breweries, such as Parkway (within drunken stumbling distance from my house), Olde Salem, Soaring Ridge, Starr Hill, Big lick, Sunken City, and on from there.

I love beer and I love living here because beer.

That’s all well and good.

I lived out in the Pac NW in the early days — Red Hook, Full Sail.

I effing love craft styles.

And I also love Rolling Rock and PBR.

And Genny. And, sheeyit, Miller Lite.

Word. Sometimes you just gotta have a couple crisp cold regular beers. I can't play disc golf on a hot summer day while swilling IPAs.

Alright. I have to come out now. I am a beer snob.

Living in Roanoke, VA, I have the following options: nationally known breweries such as Deschutes and Ballast Point 15 minutes away; many local breweries, such as Parkway (within drunken stumbling distance from my house), Olde Salem, Soaring Ridge, Starr Hill, Big lick, Sunken City, and on from there.

I love beer and I love living here because beer.

That’s all well and good.

I lived out in the Pac NW in the early days — Red Hook, Full Sail.

I effing love craft styles.

And I also love Rolling Rock and PBR.

And Genny. And, sheeyit, Miller Lite.

I started this damn thread cuz, well, we live in beer's golden age.  The breadth and depth of styles is amazing.  There is a place for macro beer here.  I'll admit to being somewhat fussy about the beer I drink.  I'll drink a Labatt or Bud if it's handed to me.  Same with a Genny.  But I prefer others and seek them out.  Although Genny Cream Ale is still a go to.

There is definitely a place for macro styled beer.

Word. Sometimes you just gotta have a couple crisp cold regular beers. I can't play disc golf on a hot summer day while swilling IPAs.

You need to up your compete, Son. I've canoed drinking Guinness. I've sweaty-camped drinking heavy IPA. I've had Saison in the winter.

:)

You need to up your compete, Son. I've canoed drinking Guinness. I've sweaty-camped drinking heavy IPA. I've had Saison in the winter.

:)

Guinness is the easiest beer to drink in the world. I once drank two pitchers on the night before Thanksgiving. Then went back after Thanksgiving dinner the next night and drank three. 4% and full of B vitamins. It's basically Gatorade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.