The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

lol most of my friends have never heard of Fraggle Rack (shame), so it always makes me happy when someone else recognizes it. :)

Really? I thought that was pretty popular at one point.

So anyways, about beer: going to Victory tonight for dinner. Woot! I'll have to see what's new.

Nice... tomorrow I'm having a small beer tasting at my house.. a little party after to celebrate 40 great years on this planet.

Featured in the lineup:

- 2008 Stone Brewing Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout

- 2006 Atlantic Brewing Company Braggot

- 2011 Allagash Curieux

- 2009 Hoppin' Frog - B.O.R.I.S.

- Bell's The Wild One

- 2010 CB's Brewing "Pierre" (a Saison that has gotten better with age)

- 2011 CB's Brewing "Jack" (originally a wee heavy aged Jack Daniels barrels, the ale was originally whiskey tinted, then it went sour from the sour mash that Jack uses, now it's a fantastic sour beer)

Probably more.. can't wait.

And more.. can't wait.

Edited by LTS

Nice... tomorrow I'm having a small beer tasting at my house.. a little party after to celebrate 40 great years on this planet.

Featured in the lineup:

- 2008 Stone Brewing Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout

- 2006 Atlantic Brewing Company Braggot

- 2011 Allagash Curieux

- 2009 Hoppin' Frog - B.O.R.I.S.

- Bell's The Wild One

- 2010 CB's Brewing "Pierre" (a Saison that has gotten better with age)

- 2011 CB's Brewing "Jack" (originally a wee heavy aged Jack Daniels barrels, the ale was originally whiskey tinted, then it went sour from the sour mash that Jack uses, now it's a fantastic sour beer)

Probably more.. can't wait.

And more.. can't wait.

Enjoy and Happy Birthday Bud..

Nice, its a toss up between the Two Hearted and Bear Republic's Racer 5 as my favorite IPA.

I've never had Racer 5. Me thinks a trip to the beer store is in order.

EDIT: Thanks for the rec, I've had two hearted before so will compare those. Here's tonight's linuep:

photofeb0962209pm.jpg

Edited by Braedon

Brown Shugga is memorialized at my home. 10% of pure morals breakdown....

Lil Sumpin Wild is really good too and not too expensive compared to their others.

I've tried them both for the first time recently and agree. I especially like the Brown Shugga, but a couple of those and you feel it! I need to keep it to one on weeknights.

One that I'm very surprised that I like, but like a LOT, is Rohrbach's Vanilla Porter. I'm not typically a porter fan and I almost always hate non-beer flavored beers. But this one works. Enough that I find myself bringing a growler home every time I leave the rink they serve it at.

I've never had Racer 5. Me thinks a trip to the beer store is in order.

EDIT: Thanks for the rec, I've had two hearted before so will compare those. Here's tonight's linuep:

photofeb0962209pm.jpg

Nice lineup. What did you think of the Racer 5? If you enjoyed it , their Hop Rod Rye is just as good, maybe better. As others have said Lagunitas makes a damn fine IPA, I also like the IPA from Green Flash.

One that I'm very surprised that I like, but like a LOT, is Rohrbach's Vanilla Porter. I'm not typically a porter fan and I almost always hate non-beer flavored beers. But this one works. Enough that I find myself bringing a growler home every time I leave the rink they serve it at.

One of my all time favorites. Many a Saturday evening has been spent on the couch with a growler, some cheese and a summer sausage. And don't forget the Ritz crackers.

Nice lineup. What did you think of the Racer 5? If you enjoyed it , their Hop Rod Rye is just as good, maybe better. As others have said Lagunitas makes a damn fine IPA, I also like the IPA from Green Flash.

I enjoyed Racer 5. The finish isn't as smooth, is more abrupt than Two Hearted, so I'm inclined to go with the latter if I had to choose. However a very nice beer, fragrant hops, will definitely come back to it. Noted on the Hop Rod, thanks. Maximus is one of my favorite IIPAs so agree with the Lagunitas plug.

I was disappointed with Lucky U this time. It may have been that my palate was shot, really stretched last night, but it was less flavorful and higher carb than the others. Been awhile since I've had it but don't remember it as such.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.