All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

I hate Macs. They were once not targeted by virus creators because their market penetration was (and still is) insignificant. But, if you Google, you'll find virus creators are starting to target Macs, too, almost solely because of Mac users' hubris.

http://www.sltrib.co...ftware.html.csp

Every system has security flaws. Every. This one isn't particularily malevolent or sophisticated, but the holes are there to create something more vicious.

Will the sabres make a move tomorrow or wait until july 1st??

The Sabres will attempt a move or moves tomorrow and through the weekend. I would expect they will attempt to make additional moves prior to July 1.

No data on how successful they will be but I expect to see at least 1 move this weekend.

Havent seen it posted yet, but ESPN and the Philly News is reporting that Jeff Carter just got traded to Columbus.

Edit:Jeff Carter has been traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets for restricted free agent to-be Jakub Voracek, the eighth-overall pick in Friday’s draft in Minnesota and Columbus’ third-round selection according to multiple reports.

So I guess we're no longer looking at Carter.

I could see Roy being included if it was something bigger, as was speculated earlier in the thread. So if they sent Roy out and got Spezza & Stajan in return or something along those lines. But as many have said it makes no sense to trade a center away for a Dman, when the Sabres main need is center.

I know Stajan had a poor year, but was a 55 point guy the previous two seasons and is only 27 years old. Anyone know anything about him? Is he really that bad? How does he compare with the UFA center class? Seems like if he were on the open market he may be the 2nd best available behind Richards.

I think it's time to discuss the center question. As I have stated previously, Spezza is not the guy I would want. Obviously Richards is a nr. 1 center.

As to this post, I don't think Stajan is the 2nd best center out there plus he is overpaid. I'd much prefer Weiss as a second choice, who could be had.

I think it's time to discuss the center question. As I have stated previously, Spezza is not the guy I would want. Obviously Richards is a nr. 1 center.

As to this post, I don't think Stajan is the 2nd best center out there plus he is overpaid. I'd much prefer Weiss as a second choice, who could be had.

I meant if you compared him to the free agent crop, and he's only making $3.5M

I would not take stajan at all. We would have to pay a guy over 4 mil or whatever it is to score 9 goals in 103 games. We need to try and keep our cap space lower as well if we want to sign a big center. I am not a pro with the cap, how would it be looking if we sign Regehr? Would there be money left to sign a big center and another big defenseman?

Why the love for Weiss? He came into the league overhyped and I've never been impressed since. What am I missing?

Stajan is a 3rd line center. Good, but overpaid player for his size and skill set.

I could live with him as a 3rd center if they still get a #1.

Why the love for Weiss? He came into the league overhyped and I've never been impressed since. What am I missing?

The kid's got talent that hasn't been taken full advantage of because of the poor supporting cast in Florida. He's at the prime of his career right now. He's a great playmaker and was a first round pick (4th). I know that doesn't guarantee anything, but he does show the ability to become much better given the right conditions.

A new center to talk about...looks as though Talbot won't be resigned by the Penguins.

He's a UFA. He made just over 1 million last year. Anyone want him?

Didn't think so.

I would take him over Stajan.

now one of my buddies is saying stamkos is friends with myers and a friend of his says he wants out of Tampa... And that buffalo is seriously considering trading for hime..... DAMN YOU FACEBOOK AND MY IRRITATING TENDENCY TO HANG ONTO A BEACON OF HOPE EVEN THOUGH IT NEVER WAS SHINING TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!

I'm calling b.s. on this as of now but good god... today is getting crazy.

now one of my buddies is saying stamkos is friends with myers and a friend of his says he wants out of Tampa... And that buffalo is seriously considering trading for hime..... DAMN YOU FACEBOOK AND MY IRRITATING TENDENCY TO HANG ONTO A BEACON OF HOPE EVEN THOUGH IT NEVER WAS SHINING TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!

I am not calling BS on anything. We all would of called BS on carter and richards leaving. I have been reading alot of different blogs and sites, they are all saying that now that brewer from the lightning was signed for 4 mil, they have like 8 mil left to spend on 2 dmen, a goalie and stamkos. SO the lightning will have to make some kind of move. I am saying gagne or Lacavalier are gone

The kid's got talent that hasn't been taken full advantage of because of the poor supporting cast in Florida. He's at the prime of his career right now. He's a great playmaker and was a first round pick (4th). I know that doesn't guarantee anything, but he does show the ability to become much better given the right conditions.

This will be his 10th year. He's had plenty of supporting cast in the past. He's only scored over 21 goals once in his career. He is a decent playmaker I'll give you that.Certainly not an all-star, maybe a second line center for some lesser teams.

This will be his 10th year. He's had plenty of supporting cast in the past. He's only scored over 21 goals once in his career. He is a decent playmaker I'll give you that.Certainly not an all-star, maybe a second line center for some lesser teams.

Like who? Booth was one of the best that I can recall but at the moment none other comes to mind. BTW traditionally centers aren't supposed to score goals, they are the setup men for wingers. So based on points, I think he's done rather well. I'm not saying he's a first line center, but he might grow into that role given a new environment.

Like who? Booth was one of the best that I can recall but at the moment none other comes to mind. BTW traditionally centers aren't supposed to score goals, they are the setup men for wingers. So based on points, I think he's done rather well. I'm not saying he's a first line center, but he might grow into that role given a new environment.

Horton, Booth, Frolik, Stillman, Bouwmeeester, Zednik.............. That's just within the last 2 years. He's usually been the #3 center and maybe #2 for most of his career on that team. I think even Stumpel outscored him in consecutive years. Barely a #2 center for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years, I don't think being on a contender is going to make him a #1. Don't get me wrong, he's a VERY consistent player and has that going for him. You know what to expect at all times from him. I wouldn't mind having him. But I wouldn't put him high on the list right now.

I won't believe it until I see it in the reader comments of a TSN story.

I'll play along. Even if it's true, which it isn't, what in gods name would the Sabres have to give up?

Archived