All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

Ecklund is actually the least interesting thing on that site. Strickland, Pannacio, Berger, and even the bloggers are fun, but I rarely click on the rumor stuff.

I wont visit that site on principal alone. I can't be a part of that tool making money. His very existence makes my blood boil.

Which leads me to my next point. All of this rumor mongering, offer sheet ######, and posters claiming they "know" things leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Have fun with plausible things that could happen but leave the dream scenarios to Eklund.

Who are the sabres most likely to get for a center. Spezza, Brad Richards, Pavelski, or someone else??? I think it would be Richards over spezza. "rumor" has it that murray is out looking for a second line center. If they were looking for a first line center I would say spezza would be on his way somewhere. Plus Sharks aren't signing nicols or mayers, so that should save some cash for pavelski. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nhl/nhl-rumors.html

Who are the sabres most likely to get for a center. Spezza, Brad Richards, Pavelski, or someone else??? I think it would be Richards over spezza. "rumor" has it that murray is out looking for a second line center. If they were looking for a first line center I would say spezza would be on his way somewhere. Plus Sharks aren't signing nicols or mayers, so that should save some cash for pavelski. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nhl/nhl-rumors.html

I don't think Ottawa is looking to move Spezza, at least not for anything other than a vast overpayment. As we've seen 1st line centers are hard to come by. When you have one you hold onto him.

The Sharks don't need to save cash for Pavelski as he's signed for 3 more seasons. With the increase in the cap, if they structure their team similar to the way they did this year they should have no problem fitting everyone in. The only reason to make a move would be to shake things up, however I'm not sure that's necessary as they made it to the conference finals this past season and even if they feel it is I doubt Pavelski is the guy they use to do it.

I guess that leaves B. Richards or someone else.

I wont visit that site on principal alone. I can't be a part of that tool making money. His very existence makes my blood boil.

Which leads me to my next point. All of this rumor mongering, offer sheet ######, and posters claiming they "know" things leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Have fun with plausible things that could happen but leave the dream scenarios to Eklund.

I don't imagine the guy knows anything more than most of us do collectively.

Some deals are most likely already done - there is just no point in announcing them until the picks are on the clock. Why give competitors any insight to adjust?

Lol, I just read some of his stuff from that link,Buffalo is interested in Kaberle? If this happens, Darcy should be fired on the spot because he obviously doesn't have an idea about players his team plays against on a regular basis.

But my favorite is all this talk about Stamkos and the Lightning being far apart on a deal, and about how he will be dealt to Toronto because Toronto is getting an offer sheet ready. Meanwhile, TSN has a story this morning on their website saying Stamkos is close to signing a new deal to stay in Tampa for $7 mil a year. Toronto making an offer sheet for Stamkos would also make Brian Burke the biggest hypocrite alive after the tantrum he threw when Edmontons GM made an offer sheet for one of his players in Anaheim a couple years back

Eklund is even less realiable then the weatherman.........

He had a tantrum because they offered a very avg player, Dustin Penner, a ridiculous amount of money. Making an offer sheet for Stamkos is good managing.

The Sharks don't need to save cash for Pavelski as he's signed for 3 more seasons. With the increase in the cap, if they structure their team similar to the way they did this year they should have no problem fitting everyone in. The only reason to make a move would be to shake things up, however I'm not sure that's necessary as they made it to the conference finals this past season and even if they feel it is I doubt Pavelski is the guy they use to do it.

Correct-a-mundo. If they move a guy it's WAY more likely to be Marleau or someone of that ilk. Not a young skilled player you can build around.

I went through a stint a few years back where I hung on every rumor that site and Spector Hockey threw out. After a couple weeks of BS, I realized that they are just as you say, tools making money. They're even more insignificant in this day in age where trade happenings occur in real time. If it's on the radar, someone is going to tweet it.

The one thing I can't shake is the TSN trade tracker. On deadline day, I stare at it like that creepy kid without a mouth in Twilight Zone the Movie stares at the TV.

Um...what?

Did they change the criteria for the lady bing trophy while I was asleep?

I don't know what you mean. Are you implying that off-ice traits are unimportant or irrelevant? If so, that's fine that you have that as your opinion, but the character of a leader is, in my opinion, characterized in the traits that win a guy a Byng. Some of you pick the weirdest crap to attack.

Carp nailed it...sort of...I mean what does the freaking Lady Bing trophy have to do with being a good hockey player (yeah, yeah, we can argue about who ends up with the trophy but the spirit of the award is gentlemanly player) If I'm looking for NHL players to date my mom, I'll take the lineup of Lady Bing finalists, if I want a hockey player on my team, give me a Stanley Cup winner.

Like Gretzky, you mean? The same traits that made him the kind of guy who wins FIVE Lady Byng's made him an excellent learner and student of the game of hockey. And it won him a decent number of Cups. The fact that you named Pominville doesn't strengthen your case, either, as he's probably our best all-around player right now next to Vanek, and much better than Vanek defensively. I get it, you want a team full of Kasians. Awesome.

Like Gretzky, you mean? The same traits that made him the kind of guy who wins FIVE Lady Byng's made him an excellent learner and student of the game of hockey.

Being more talented than everyone else probably didn't hurt.

I have read on a couple of sites that bryzgalov has signed a 7 year 50 million dollar deal. If so the flyers are nutsssss. That is just my opinion. Everyone's thoughts? http://www.hockey-trades.com/

I just got a virus alert when i opened up that link.

Luckily my PC is a tank (suck it mac users), and i have it set up to seek and destroy such intrusions the instant an attempt is made.

I apologize for the obnoxious text size, just wanted to try to keep you guys from clicking it.

Tread lightly friends.

I just got a virus alert when i opened up that link.

Luckily my PC is a tank (suck it mac users), and i have it set up to seek and destroy such intrusions the instant an attempt is made.

I apologize for the obnoxious text size, just wanted to try to keep you guys from clicking it.

Tread lightly friends.

What's a virus? I use a Mac and have never got one.

What's a virus? I use a Mac and have never got one.

:beer: hahaha just looking out for anyone who's not using a sacred silver apple.

Glad you don't have to worry about it.

Also, FWIW i don't mind macs at all, i just find it to be slightly pretentious when someone with a mac tells me their computer is superior because it can't get viruses, and is genuine about it.

If it ever concerned me to that level i would buy a PC with the same specs as a mac ( minus the extra 400 bucks for the apple insignia) and just download linux for free (it's a free OS), which essentially makes the system just as invulnerable as a mac anyway. I could also do the same while spending the same amount of money, and getting a vastly superior machine in terms of hardware.

just a preference, i just wanted to make sure noone got hit with it.

I hate Macs. They were once not targeted by virus creators because their market penetration was (and still is) insignificant. But, if you Google, you'll find virus creators are starting to target Macs, too, almost solely because of Mac users' hubris.

In other news...no Sabres news lately is slightly disappointing.

That was a whole lot of nothing... Cliff Note version: "We're at work"...

so, basically DR is an old dog with old tricks and we should start to worry but hope for the best come july... I am not panicking but if we field the exact same team next year as we did this year with only a few exceptions (lets add some more guys like Morrisonn :wallbash: ) Then we should expect similar results and Black should flog regier in the streets for the whole populace to witness... but I'll be patient for 9 more days... although its getting harder.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Puck-Daddy-chats-with-Ilya-Bryzgalov-about-Phila;_ylt=AgvGvwKx9B3udQeXcP8Y8Yh7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp7723

Did anyone read this interview with Bryzgalov... guy is freaking awesome. Hes just like Phoenix sucks deal with it, philly and I have a contract but it isnt signed, and he said who wants to play in Winnipeg where it is freazing cold.... the blatant honesty caught me off gaurd. He also says something in there "Maybe I said more than I should have? But I am tired of hypocrisy and empty interviews where people say 'We fought but were unlucky.' And in reality it wasn't like that."

Made me laugh thinking of all the players with exception maybe of Miller who say the exact same thing "we fought but were unlucky"

After the sabres game 7 they all should have said "we didnt show up, played terrible, and basically choked, so yup we have some work to do this offseason."

Archived