All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

In my opinion, Myers, Kassian and Miller should be the only three guys on the no trade list. I think Miller still has his best years ahead of him and if Boston can win with that team they had, these three are a good start......

I can agree with Miller and Myers, but Kassian has done nothing yet. Could he grow into a nasty power forward? Possibly. However everyone points to this guy's 'potential'. Didn't we do the same with TC?

And you still need to score. The don't get to the Cup finals without Horton.

And you still need a good two way game. Vancouver wins the cup if they had any assemblance of a back check. We need aggressiveness but I'd settle for smart, fast forwards that can get back into our zone and a team with good communication between D and F.

I can agree with Miller and Myers, but Kassian has done nothing yet. Could he grow into a nasty power forward? Possibly. However everyone points to this guy's 'potential'. Didn't we do the same with TC?

And you still need a good two way game. Vancouver wins the cup if they had any assemblance of a back check. We need aggressiveness but I'd settle for smart, fast forwards that can get back into our zone and a team with good communication between D and F.

As my grandmother would say, "Kassian is built like a brick outhouse" I think we should hold onto him, kid gets talked about an aweful lot for someone we should trade. Hes got the size, hitting, ability, skating ability, and scoring ability to make corey perry look like TC. I dont remember where I read it but the article talked about how the sabres drafting McNabb, Kassian and Foligno and injected a good amount of grit into their prospect pool. I think we should retain that grit for now and see if by next year if it allows us to progress.

Which is exactly why you don't trade Kassian. He is the type of player Buffalo has needed for years and the last thing I would do is trade him when it looks like he is finally ready for the NHL.......As for scoring, obviously the 3 guys I mentioned do not make up the whole roster. I am merely saying feel free to trade anyone else. If Roy, Ennis or Vanek get traded, I would surely expect scoring to come back in return.

As my grandmother would say, "Kassian is built like a brick outhouse" I think we should hold onto him, kid gets talked about an aweful lot for someone we should trade. Hes got the size, hitting, ability, skating ability, and scoring ability to make corey perry look like TC. I dont remember where I read it but the article talked about how the sabres drafting McNabb, Kassian and Foligno and injected a good amount of grit into their prospect pool. I think we should retain that grit for now and see if by next year if it allows us to progress.

Which is exactly why you don't trade Kassian. He is the type of player Buffalo has needed for years and the last thing I would do is trade him when it looks like he is finally ready for the NHL.......As for scoring, obviously the 3 guys I mentioned do not make up the whole roster. I am merely saying feel free to trade anyone else. If Roy, Ennis or Vanek get traded, I would surely expect scoring to come back in return.

I'm don't disagree with the writeup on Kassian. All I'm saying is that I'm hesitant to christen this guy the next Cam Neely. And as such, he's just as expendable as the rest of those you mention, with the exception of Miller and Myers. If he could bring in an ESTABLISHED power forward, then would you do it? Further, I was attempting to point out that Boston didn't just win with anger. They had the system and goalie. And their nasty players could score. I don't anticipate Kassian scoring 30 goals like Lucic. Although not saying he won't.

When does everyone think the sabres will start making moves??

my guess would be june23,24 is possible for moves than july 1-3 there will be some moves.

Also, anyone else just not as high on Ehrhoff now? I kinda dont want vancouvers defense anymore lmao. Ok id take bieksa probably but ehrhoff's value dropped for me as the playoffs went on.

my guess would be june23,24 is possible for moves than july 1-3 there will be some moves.

Also, anyone else just not as high on Ehrhoff now? I kinda dont want vancouvers defense anymore lmao. Ok id take bieksa probably but ehrhoff's value dropped for me as the playoffs went on.

I'd pass on Ehrhoff myself. I'd prefer Joni Pikanen but there are quite a few serviceable options/upgrades.

It is hard to say. Because the offense and defense the last 2 games didnt do anything. I think they need a few younger forwards and D-men because the canucks got really tired in the stanley cup finals. I think we could work a deal with vancouver when it comes to Ehrhoff or bieksa since we have a lot of younger players.

I would prefer Wisniewski to Ehrhoff, Bieksa, or Pitkanen. But that's just me.

Pitkanen is interesting, hes big and can hit, but he has a major offensive upside, hes not really great when it comes to plus minus but hes a +5 for his career. He seems to be the type of player that does well on any team and he is not older than dirt so I like him and admittedly forgot he was a UFA. Wisniewski has been a bit of a journeyman but has always produced even on the islanders. Hes a very interesting pickup for any team but I think with markov possibly on the outs that Montreal retains his services. Also remember that Myers shoots RIGHT, so ideally we would want a partner who shoots left but does not have to, Pitkanen is a lefty, wisniewski is a righty, Bieksa is a righty, Ehrhoff is a lefty... just something the sabers may or may not be thinking about in there UFA evaluations. Since they can target who they want they might give some priority based on who fits with myers. Obviously righty v lefty is a minor thing but its something else to think about. (oddly we have a lot of left handed prospect defenders so we shall see)

It is hard to say. Because the offense and defense the last 2 games didnt do anything. I think they need a few younger forwards and D-men because the canucks got really tired in the stanley cup finals. I think we could work a deal with vancouver when it comes to Ehrhoff or bieksa since we have a lot of younger players.

Both are currently 14 days away from simply being UFAs which means we would only have to give up money to get them so id be fine with not trading them anything.

Pitkanen is interesting, hes big and can hit, but he has a major offensive upside, hes not really great when it comes to plus minus but hes a +5 for his career. He seems to be the type of player that does well on any team and he is not older than dirt so I like him and admittedly forgot he was a UFA. Wisniewski has been a bit of a journeyman but has always produced even on the islanders. Hes a very interesting pickup for any team but I think with markov possibly on the outs that Montreal retains his services. Also remember that Myers shoots RIGHT, so ideally we would want a partner who shoots left but does not have to, Pitkanen is a righty, wisniewski is a lefty, Bieksa is a righty, Ehrhoff is a lefty... just something the sabers may or may not be thinking about in there UFA evaluations. Since they can target who they want they might give some priority based on who fits with myers. Obviously righty v lefty is a minor thing but its something else to think about. (oddly we have a lot of left handed prospect defenders so we shall see)

Both are currently 14 days away from simply being UFAs which means we would only have to give up money to get them so id be fine with not trading them anything.

Wisniewski is a RH shot. IIRC.

Wisniewski is a RH shot. IIRC.

woops srry i labeled wrong GOOD catch, i fixed it sorry ppl. I switched him and pitkanen, my bad. :oops:

And isn't Pitkanen a lefty?

Yes, i already fixed it, sorry i switched them but its all corrected now, so does it matter for the sabres or is it something trivial?

He is. I like the idea of Pitkanen-Myers L-R

Graniani-Leopold L-R

Weber-Sekera L-R

Butler L

Lol, i fixed it I promise! :blush:

I actually really like that lineup there. It retains our youth but gives us a legit top line. Also Pitkanen blocks shots like its his job (252 in the past 2 years (think jay mckee) so what do we think hes worth? 5mil a year for 4years? and also carolina has the money why dont they sign him?

From Eklund, but it's been rumored all over for awhile:

A number of teams have been putting out feelers to Dallas trying to acquire the negotiating rights for Brad Richards in advance of July 1, but I've learned that he will not in all likelihood waive his no movement clause.

He does not want to disappoint a team acquiring his rights and intends to see what kid of offers he can attract on the open market.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Richards-Negotiating-Rights-Will-Not-Be-Traded/1/36454

lol i just posted the link for that in the drury thread... anyways,

also on hockey lies and crap this afternoon is a story about how they think ottawa may trade down in the draft, which means the sabres could trade up but as time has progressed i have liked that idea more and more. Also not from hockey lies and crap, it seems that there are some rumblings that the sabres may be interested in richards but no one in the sabres organization has said anything about it. Unlike the rangers who should have shutup and just bought out drury, the sabres are keeping their collective mouths closed about what they plan to do. Its kinda like every year before but idk it feels like the calm before the storm, i just hope the storm is not signing some mid level guy no one cares about.

come on ppl only 8 more posts to hit 900!

Well the season is done and the lockers are bare

Tpegs and darcy are about to prepare

When we as informed fans rose up with a clatter

To voice our ideas on this free agency matter

So to our keyboards we fly and post day and post night

In hopes that one of us might actually guess right

Come one and come all and do speak your mind

but remember we wont be getting steve stamkos signed!

lol i just posted the link for that in the drury thread... anyways,

also on hockey lies and crap this afternoon is a story about how they think ottawa may trade down in the draft, which means the sabres could trade up but as time has progressed i have liked that idea more and more. Also not from hockey lies and crap, it seems that there are some rumblings that the sabres may be interested in richards but no one in the sabres organization has said anything about it. Unlike the rangers who should have shutup and just bought out drury, the sabres are keeping their collective mouths closed about what they plan to do. Its kinda like every year before but idk it feels like the calm before the storm, i just hope the storm is not signing some mid level guy no one cares about.

come on ppl only 8 more posts to hit 900!

Well the season is done and the lockers are bare

Tpegs and darcy are about to prepare

When we as informed fans rose up with a clatter

To voice our ideas on this free agency matter

So to our keyboards we fly and post day and post night

In hopes that one of us might actually guess right

Come one and come all and do speak your mind

but remember we wont be getting steve stamkos signed!

As much as I think you did a great job with the rym, I don't think I can bare thinking of a christmas song/rym this time of year!!

He is. I like the idea of Pitkanen-Myers L-R

Graniani-Leopold L-R

Weber-Sekera L-R

Butler L

Sabres are definitely picking up a top flight defenseman and I expect Miller to have the season of his life this year. Nobody will benefit more from new ownership more than Mills..

This

I

Gare

On

Tee

!

HockeyBreak

The Philadelphia Flyers will be trading players next week for cap issues, Flyers want to keep Carter. Carle, Coburn and Versteeg are options

I like the idea of acquiring Versteeg. Talented, young and only has 1 year left on his current deal. He shouldn't be the centerpiece of the off-season but would make a nice side dish.

Teams are starting to take players to arbitration and I am getting pumped. I hope the sabres come out of the gate and just go big. I would give up anything just to see the list of players that regier has on his desk of players pegula said you better get or else.

Archived