All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

Just because things change, does not mean it was not so a few weeks ago. The Weber front was much foggier then and now that Nashville is doing everything to keep him

Wouldn't any NHL exec be fairly certain of this point long before 2 weeks ago? Weber was never going anywhere, just like Stamkos, Parise, Kesler, Mike Richards, and so on.

Calloway, NFN but your backpeddling sounds Eklundesque.

Not quite sure what backpeddling was done....I said 2 things, Bieksa said no way in Hell he is coming to Buffalo and Weber was #1 target if the door was even slightly open....I'm not quite sure what the heck is so hard to believe here, I mean really...I'll keep it to myself next time

Not quite sure what backpeddling was done....I said 2 things, Bieksa said no way in Hell he is coming to Buffalo and Weber was #1 target if the door was even slightly open....I'm not quite sure what the heck is so hard to believe here, I mean really...I'll keep it to myself next time

I'm not really trying to spew any venom, as others have mentioned, you seem level headed. I'm just pointing our that Eklund does a similar routine when one of his "rumors" doesn't come true. A little heads up was my intention.

I'm not really trying to spew any venom, as others have mentioned, you seem level headed. I'm just pointing our that Eklund does a similar routine when one of his "rumors" doesn't come true. A little heads up was my intention.

or he erases it, or changes it an back-dates it.

Hey, all I can say is that whatever info I choose to put on here regarding the Sabres is from a friend pretty darn high up in the NHL. It is usually casual conversation I have with him on the Sabres (as he is from Buffalo) and the stories are great. When things like Bieksa and Weber come up and it is not shady to post it, I will. We all love knowing fun stuff about the team before it happens so as long as the info is not gonna hurt anybody, I'll share it..from there, I guess you can do with it what you will.....

Weber would be number one on my list too, if that door was a little open.

If that door closes, I am very interested in what's behind Nashville door number two: Ryan Suter.

If the Preds break the bank on Weber, it is unlikely they will repeat that for his partner, who becomes an RFA this time next year.

Why not put a package together for a guy who could be our perfect number two for a long time?

Why wouldn't Nashville bite on a couple of our good young prospects?

I just want to see some stuff happen. I wish pegula or regier would have a press conference and say what their plans are. They told us during the year, but that was months ago. Just come out and say what your plans are before or after the draft and give us some hope.

I just want to see some stuff happen. I wish pegula or regier would have a press conference and say what their plans are. They told us during the year, but that was months ago. Just come out and say what your plans are before or after the draft and give us some hope.

Why on Earth would they do that?

Why would they hold a press conference 2 days before the draft to tell the other 29 teams what their intentions are, when as you admit they've already broadly laid out those intentions?

Would you also have them hold another press conference on June 30 to state which FA's they'd like to target? (If they could do so w/out 'tampering' w/ another team's property?)

Every year around July 1st you'd hear Darcy make a comment about how the Sabres aren't going to be players in the marquee FA game. In some way, shape or form Darcy would get that message out to the fans each and every year. And yet every year you'd hear bitching and moaning on July 1st when the Sabres didn't do exactly what they said they wouldn't be doing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard any warnings from Darcy, Black etc. to not expect moves. That alone at least gives me hope.

Listen to Kevin Devine's interview on WGR audio-vault. That is probably the most you will get going into the weekend.

Hockey lies and craps breaking NEWS!!!! This is WHY Eklund sucks I mean come on, I could write that.

Lol, I just read some of his stuff from that link,Buffalo is interested in Kaberle? If this happens, Darcy should be fired on the spot because he obviously doesn't have an idea about players his team plays against on a regular basis.

But my favorite is all this talk about Stamkos and the Lightning being far apart on a deal, and about how he will be dealt to Toronto because Toronto is getting an offer sheet ready. Meanwhile, TSN has a story this morning on their website saying Stamkos is close to signing a new deal to stay in Tampa for $7 mil a year. Toronto making an offer sheet for Stamkos would also make Brian Burke the biggest hypocrite alive after the tantrum he threw when Edmontons GM made an offer sheet for one of his players in Anaheim a couple years back

Eklund is even less realiable then the weatherman.........

Why would they hold a press conference 2 days before the draft to tell the other 29 teams what their intentions are, when as you admit they've already broadly laid out those intentions?

Would you also have them hold another press conference on June 30 to state which FA's they'd like to target? (If they could do so w/out 'tampering' w/ another team's property?)

How is it a bad thing to come out and say that we are going to be sellers or buyers? Maybe there are some guys on our team they want and are willing to trade for. Sabres rarely make trades because they stay behind closed doors and don't inform other teams of who they are willing to give up.

How is it a bad thing to come out and say that we are going to be sellers or buyers? Maybe there are some guys on our team they want and are willing to trade for. Sabres rarely make trades because they stay behind closed doors and don't inform other teams of who they are willing to give up.

They don't make it public, that doesn't mean they don't inform other teams.

GM's know who is on the market. All the rest is ambient noise. Most floated trades hinge on something else happening - so in the end you don't want to embarrass or cause anxiety to a player that you still may still have to negotiate with the next week.

Usually the only scenario where these things are public is when a player asks for a trade. GM's don't like that either because it makes it harder to get full value for your asset.

Lol, I just read some of his stuff from that link,Buffalo is interested in Kaberle? If this happens, Darcy should be fired on the spot because he obviously doesn't have an idea about players his team plays against on a regular basis.

But my favorite is all this talk about Stamkos and the Lightning being far apart on a deal, and about how he will be dealt to Toronto because Toronto is getting an offer sheet ready. Meanwhile, TSN has a story this morning on their website saying Stamkos is close to signing a new deal to stay in Tampa for $7 mil a year. Toronto making an offer sheet for Stamkos would also make Brian Burke the biggest hypocrite alive after the tantrum he threw when Edmontons GM made an offer sheet for one of his players in Anaheim a couple years back

Eklund is even less realiable then the weatherman.........

Yeah, some of that "news" is just ridiculous lol. :doh:

I would love to know if they are seller or buyers. I wouldn't hurt a damn thing for everyone to know that.

But its none of your buisness if they plan to be buyers or sellers, and letting you know if they are either is not something the team needs you to know. It might not hurt, but it also doesn't help anything.

the other GM's in the NHL know who's being made available and who is not. And if not, they have phones they can pick up and make a call to the other GM's to inquire about a players availability. They do this all the time.

I don't know, With some of the players on this team, selling might help them improve, although some of those items we think should be sold are being given away for free on July 1st

Just using 'selling' in the traditional meaning of moving more current players for prospects / picks than moving more prospects / picks for current players or moving a true 1st liner/pairing D for midlevel players / prospects / salary dump.

While the net outcome of what happens this weekend could be that they were sellers, that is definitely opposite the impression they've given to date. They plan to be buyers.

Archived