All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

as in my short time here, i have not known you to randomly post bs, I will believe you that this is indeed the case, but it is a shame because Bieksa could have been a great piece to help us win a cup. Hopefully Pitkanen does not feel the same.

(ps. Thxs for the info :thumbsup: )

also: Lidstrom Will Return!!! Lidstrom is coming back for Detroit.

Great. Detroit vs Buffalo in the 2012 finals. This will be great for the NHL. Hockey town vs. hockey heaven

Um...what?

Did they change the criteria for the lady bing trophy while I was asleep?

We need a new rule this summer that when talking about a center named Richards, you must list the first name. Brad won the Lady Byng. You're thinking Mike Richards with your post.

We need a new rule this summer that when talking about a center named Richards, you must list the first name. Brad won the Lady Byng. You're thinking Mike Richards with your post.

Or ... he's thinking that the criteria for receiving the Lady Byng ("exhibiting the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct") isn't what we desperately need. We need nastier, if anything. Heck, Pommer was a Lady Byng finalist.

Bieksa is not coming to Buffalo as his agent said no way Buffalo is an option for him. Detroit is number one on his wish list and they need a Dman. Don't ask for a link as this is a conversation I had with someone very high up in the NHL.....Still plenty of others to be had

Bieksa wants to play in Vancouver first. Everyone wants to play in Detroit.

article

Isn't

...his agent said no way Buffalo is an option for him

Much different than

If Detroit wants him, they get him....Buffalo is WAY down on the list for him.

?

And with PA and now Ghost both gone, I feel the need to ask, Shouldn't the thought of playing in Hockey Heaven under Coach for Life be enough to put Buffalo a little closer to the top of some of these players's lists?

And with PA and now Ghost both gone, I feel the need to ask, Shouldn't the thought of playing in Hockey Heaven under Coach for Life be enough to put Buffalo a little closer to the top of some of these players's lists?

It's a matter of PR. The word has not reached everyone yet that Buffalo is Olympus, home of The Hockey Gods.

Isn't

Much different than

?

Not really though.....He does not want to play in Buffalo. Bottom line, there are a lot of teams ahead of Buffalo in which he would pick - Translation - he ain't comin' here because one of the many teams ahead of us will get him if he aleaves Vancouver.

Not really though.....He does not want to play in Buffalo. Bottom line, there are a lot of teams ahead of Buffalo in which he would pick - Translation - he ain't comin' here because one of the many teams ahead of us will get him if he aleaves Vancouver.

I don't see a real need for him to leave Vancouver if Vancouver wants him.

If by "players like these" you mean free agents - I don't think the needle has moved much because money won't be part of the equation until July 1st.

If by "players like these" you mean free agents - I don't think the needle has moved much because money won't be part of the equation until July 1st.

Not just a free agent, but a marquee free agent.

Not just a free agent, but a marquee free agent.

Is Bieksa a marquee free agent? I'm not sure...but I think that in most cases...

Players want money.

I think Buffalo could put together an attractive package.

That moves the needle.

Personally, I don't see anyone breaking the bank on Bieksa. I wouldn't put him in the Norris conversation for example.

Is Bieksa a marquee free agent? I'm not sure...but I think that in most cases...

Players want money.

I think Buffalo could put together an attractive package.

That moves the needle.

Personally, I don't see anyone breaking the bank on Bieksa. I wouldn't put him in the Norris conversation for example.

I think this particular July he is.

Or ... he's thinking that the criteria for receiving the Lady Byng ("exhibiting the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct") isn't what we desperately need. We need nastier, if anything. Heck, Pommer was a Lady Byng finalist.

Carp nailed it...sort of...I mean what does the freaking Lady Bing trophy have to do with being a good hockey player (yeah, yeah, we can argue about who ends up with the trophy but the spirit of the award is gentlemanly player) If I'm looking for NHL players to date my mom, I'll take the lineup of Lady Bing finalists, if I want a hockey player on my team, give me a Stanley Cup winner.

I know for a fact that we are going to get a center and 1 or 2 d-men. Regier might be in charge of the calling around to other teams and seeing what they have, but Pegula wants a cup team built and I don't think he will stand for a crappy off season. Personally, I would love to get a center, another forward and a shutdown d-man. Our defense did well in the playoffs, especially Gragnani. With connolly going that would give us money towards the big center, grier leaving? that would give money and also with Nieds. SO there is money for a big center. The cap goes up 5 mil, there is money for another forward or do a trade. And for defense, maybe work in another trade or send morrison to the ahl and there is money for a good d=man. I just want to see something happen before or on friday so everyone can have a zen summer..

I know for a fact that we are going to get a center and 1 or 2 d-men. Regier might be in charge of the calling around to other teams and seeing what they have, but Pegula wants a cup team built and I don't think he will stand for a crappy off season. Personally, I would love to get a center, another forward and a shutdown d-man. Our defense did well in the playoffs, especially Gragnani. With connolly going that would give us money towards the big center, grier leaving? that would give money and also with Nieds. SO there is money for a big center. The cap goes up 5 mil, there is money for another forward or do a trade. And for defense, maybe work in another trade or send morrison to the ahl and there is money for a good d=man. I just want to see something happen before or on friday so everyone can have a zen summer..

Fact is a pretty big word for anyone this time of year. The fact still remains that these players still have choices as to where they want to go. Is Buffalo more attractive with the new ownership? Yes, but that does not guarantee you top players in the free agent market. I would be shocked if Buffalo did not come away with a first or second line Center and a top 2 Dman but you just never know.......The same person that told me about Bieksa also said that Shea Weber was at the top of their list 2 weeks ago. Things change as teams decide to make a move on their own players....I will NEVER post a BS rumor on here, that I can assure you.

Fact is a pretty big word for anyone this time of year. The fact still remains that these players still have choices as to where they want to go. Is Buffalo more attractive with the new ownership? Yes, but that does not guarantee you top players in the free agent market. I would be shocked if Buffalo did not come away with a first or second line Center and a top 2 Dman but you just never know.......The same person that told me about Bieksa also said that Shea Weber was at the top of their list 2 weeks ago. Things change as teams decide to make a move on their own players....I will NEVER post a BS rumor on here, that I can assure you.

Fact is definitely a stretch, but it's a safe bet that they will in fact sign a center. They pretty much have to. They don't have any under contract right now. Technically, even bringing back Connolly or Nieds would count as signing a center. I guess we could say the same thing about the defensemen too. They don't have too many guys under contract, but even without bringing in anyone new, again, they do have to sign Sekera/Butler/Grags.

So there you go, I just gave that poster a free out for his "guarantee", if that's what it was.

whatever the sabres do in the next 10 days, they will have to sign a center/ trade for a center. Or they lied to us about seriously trying to get the cup. I have and will continue to expect the trade route as DR best option and we shall see if he is the GM of legend that others in the NHL seemed to have told Pegula he was. Right now though is sit and wait time, speculation was last week.

Fact is definitely a stretch, but it's a safe bet that they will in fact sign a center. They pretty much have to. They don't have any under contract right now. Technically, even bringing back Connolly or Nieds would count as signing a center. I guess we could say the same thing about the defensemen too. They don't have too many guys under contract, but even without bringing in anyone new, again, they do have to sign Sekera/Butler/Grags.

So there you go, I just gave that poster a free out for his "guarantee", if that's what it was.

Nice going, shrader. You just ruined his "I told you so" post.

Nice going, shrader. You just ruined his "I told you so" post.

Let's see, center, forward and shut down d-man. So you have Connolly, Grier, and then I don't know who you sign as the shut down d-man. Mark it down right now, it's happening. It's fact.

whatever the sabres do in the next 10 days, they will have to sign a center/ trade for a center. Or they lied to us about seriously trying to get the cup. I have and will continue to expect the trade route as DR best option and we shall see if he is the GM of legend that others in the NHL seemed to have told Pegula he was. Right now though is sit and wait time, speculation was last week.

Didn't they also say something about it being feasible within three years? Not 10 days.

I am not calling you out, but you say you will never post BS rumors. How can you say you talked to someone and they said weber is at the top of the sabres list not a rumor? Unless it came right from Regier or Pegula's mouth it's a rumor. But I hope your rumor source is correct because that would be awesome.

I am not calling you out, but you say you will never post BS rumors. How can you say you talked to someone and they said weber is at the top of the sabres list not a rumor? Unless it came right from Regier or Pegula's mouth it's a rumor. But I hope your rumor source is correct because that would be awesome.

I think 'BS' is the operative adjective in his statement. By definition, all the speculation about who will go where is 'rumor.'

Whether his dish ends up accurate &/or reasonable, there'll be a track record soon enough. Callaway's been a decent enough poster to date, that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Just because things change, does not mean it was not so a few weeks ago. The Weber front was much foggier then and now that Nashville is doing everything to keep him, it most likely will not happen.....The Bieksa point came straight from his agent.....

Archived