Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

Obviously a HUGE win! Now we just need one of the next two - love to close it out Sunday though.

Say what you will about "blowing" the 3 goal lead, they hung in there and got the win. Funny they

were talking about Ennis all night on VS - how "things happen" when he's on the ice. Then he gets the biggie.

Awesome!

If it is an achilles tear(and I hope it is not), hopefully it is only a partial tear. I don't remember where I saw it, but a complete tear is really tough for an athlete to come back from.

Partial isn't great either, but doesn't often require surgery. I have had too. They are slow to heal. My left one has been acting up and got an appt to see an ortho again. We will see.

Obviously a HUGE win! Now we just need one of the next two - love to close it out Sunday though.

Say what you will about "blowing" the 2 goal lead, they hung in there and got the win. Funny they

were talking about Ennis all night on VS - how "things happen" when he's on the ice. Then he gets the biggie.

Awesome!

Engblom sure had a man crush for him.

Say what you will about "blowing" the 3 goal lead, they hung in there and got the win. Funny they

Awesome!

I had to Mute VS due to Foresburg being a canes loving dork

Watched the game with my brother, a fireman who just got off a couple of busy night shifts, and he fell asleep between the third and OT (barely made through the third.) He was completely out as OT began and was deep, deep asleep when the winner came. I went to celebrate and had to tap him hard three or four times to wake him, then just pointed at the screen. Took him a second to process what happened, but his hand eventually came up for a high-five. He was in no condition to express his gratitude, but I know he appreciate me letting him know. :thumbsup:

Woah, they're talking about Pommer like it's not that bad...

I watched the replay a few times in slo motion - seems like the skate cut across him a couple inches above the top of the boot of his skate at the back of the leg. I think that is too high to get the Achilles tendon, but if deep enough it still could be quite serious.

If it is an achilles tear(and I hope it is not), hopefully it is only a partial tear. I don't remember where I saw it, but a complete tear is really tough for an athlete to come back from.

It didn't look good,

Be nice to see Roy back in the lineup right about now,

Woah, they're talking about Pommer like it's not that bad...

I thought reports were a cut.

Hamilton Twitter:

pham22758 I've seen a better replay. Pominville was cut very badly. VS said he was screaming while going down the hall.

McKenzie Twitter:

Bob McKenzie TSNBobMcKenzie BUF's Jason Pominville left game in first period after what appeared to a cut foot/leg on skateblade of PHI's JVR. Yet to return.

I was doing play by play on the phone for my parents who could not get the game. All they heard me say was was "Shot by Weber from the point, and there's a rebound . . . GOOOOOOOAL! GOOOOOOOAL! GOOOOOAAAL!!!"

"Who scored?"

"I don't know, someone from Buffalo."

Hell yes!!!! Weak Flyer goaltending giving up juicy rebounds, gotta love it. My money is on Ron Hextall in goal for Game 6, then Garth Snow when he gets pulled.

I watched the replay a few times in slo motion - seems like the skate cut across him a couple inches above the top of the boot of his skate at the back of the leg. I think that is too high to get the Achilles tendon, but if deep enough it still could be quite serious.

The skate went across his leg but I can't imagine it had enough force to cut through the tendon. If it's just a bad cut, he should be OK in not that much time.

Archived