Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

We were very fortunate because we didn't appear to have any legs left going into the OT.

The poor, pathetic announcers on Versus. They appeared pretty disappointed by the outcome, especially the so called "color" guy.

Funny, after man-loving Philly after the score was tied, they became Sabre fans again after Ennis deflated Philly's bubble.

The skate went across his leg but I can't imagine it had enough force to cut through the tendon.

not to be a dick but its obvious you have never played hockey

a freshly sharpened skate is literally as sharp as a razor. ive seen guys cut themselves real bad just reaching into their bag when the skate guard fell off. it wouldnt take much for it to slice right thru whatever tissue is in its way

I disagree. Hecht is solid and would be a welcome return, in my opinion.

There was a time when Hecht was considered one of the best puck-handlers on the team. I miss his ability to carry the puck up the ice. He's a shadow of what he used to be, but I would welcome him back if only for his experience

Funny, after man-loving Philly after the score was tied, they became Sabre fans again after Ennis deflated Philly's bubble.

They were NEVER Sabres fans. Jeremy Roeoeoenick, while describing the game winning goal, said the play of certain Flyers was "unfortunate".

You guys are forgetting that Hecht was easily one of our best players in last year's playoffs... I know that's not really saying much, but I'm not talking about just on the scoresheet -- he was using his body, working the boards, has a LITTLE bit of offensive upside (more than Mancari and Ellis imo), and more importantly has experience. IDK how close he is to 100% but I'll give him a shot before Mancari and Ellis.

i know it's a pipe dream but I wish tomorrow's headline would read: ROY IN FOR GAME 6

You guys are forgetting that Hecht was easily one of our best players in last year's playoffs... I know that's not really saying much, but I'm not talking about just on the scoresheet -- he was using his body, working the boards, has a LITTLE bit of offensive upside (more than Mancari and Ellis imo), and more importantly has experience. IDK how close he is to 100% but I'll give him a shot

Hecht didn't play in last year's playoffs...

To be honest, I wouldn't have a problem with Mancari. That boy has heart, and a better slapshot that Pommers. Hecht or Mancari I think would be fine for the Sabres overall. I think Mancari would be better for Gerbe, Hecht worked well with Vanek.

#epic fail

really thought he did... jeez my memory is shot.. must be 4:20 already

lol... I think he was dearly missed, though. At least it was common perception at the time that his defensive presence was sorely lacking--- I'd love to see him back, sooner rather than later.

Didn't Hamilton or maybe Mike Harrington say he's cleared to return to full practice?

"This is definitely a great place to play," Ennis said. "Any time you can silence the crowd like that, it's an awesome feeling."

I love that kid.

He told Paul Hamilton he couldn't wait to get out there in the OT. Hamilton was positively apoplectic over the enthusiasm to get out there and win it. That's what winners do--- they want the puck on their stick in big moments.

Archived