Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

The skate went across his leg but I can't imagine it had enough force to cut through the tendon. If it's just a bad cut, he should be OK in not that much time.

Salo in Vancouver had that in training camp and just got back. Not sure if it was severed or just a bad cut but...

I thought reports were a cut.

Hamilton Twitter:

pham22758 I've seen a better replay. Pominville was cut very badly. VS said he was screaming while going down the hall.

McKenzie Twitter:

Bob McKenzie TSNBobMcKenzie BUF's Jason Pominville left game in first period after what appeared to a cut foot/leg on skateblade of PHI's JVR. Yet to return.

You wouldn't be able to tell how "badly" from the replay. You'd be able to see blood or no blood, and blood isn't necessarily the issue since we're worried about a tendon.

Watched the game with my brother, a fireman who just got off a couple of busy night shifts, and he fell asleep between the third and OT (barely made through the third.) He was completely out as OT began and was deep, deep asleep when the winner came. I went to celebrate and had to tap him hard three or four times to wake him, then just pointed at the screen. Took him a second to process what happened, but his hand eventually came up for a high-five. He was in no condition to express his gratitude, but I know he appreciate me letting him know. :thumbsup:

I had two 6 year olds crumpled up, asleep, on either side of me, who were glad to hear it, as well.

I was doing play by play on the phone for my parents who could not get the game. All they heard me say was was "Shot by Weber from the point, and there's a rebound . . . GOOOOOOOAL! GOOOOOOOAL! GOOOOOAAAL!!!"

"Who scored?"

"I don't know, someone from Buffalo."

Hell yes!!!! Weak Flyer goaltending giving up juicy rebounds, gotta love it. My money is on Ron Hextall in goal for Game 6, then Garth Snow when he gets pulled.

Gotta love it.

The skate went across his leg but I can't imagine it had enough force to cut through the tendon. If it's just a bad cut, he should be OK in not that much time.

BTW, I dub thee "Push the Panic Button" - you may change your member title now. :D

When Goose got cut a few years ago, it was rumored to be potentially career threatening. I would not be surprised if he's done for some time. Too bad.

Aside from that, great game. Nerves are shot, can't sleep so might as well get blind @ss drunk. Whoo Hoo!!

When Goose got cut a few years ago, it was rumored to be potentially career threatening. I would not be surprised if he's done for some time. Too bad.

Aside from that, great game. Nerves are shot, can't sleep so might as well get blind @ss drunk. Whoo Hoo!!

Didn't Goose get stepped on though?

I was doing the happy dance without shouting. My son fell asleep watching with me....

I've done that dance a million times in the last 3 years. My Dad came over for this one, and we put my son down between the 2nd and 3rd...We were both doing the quiet happy dance.

It was your positivity that kept me in check before the OT, and didn't let me fall off the edge. Thanks, my friend. :beer:

i wuz planning on watching the game on versus just to hear a national broadcast but didnt think about the exclusive rights thing here in bflo. were the announcers as huge philly homers as everybody says?

The "color" guy was obnoxious. Not sure who it was. Every time Buffalo made a really good play, all he could say was how wonderful a Flyer was. After the Sabres killed off back-to-back penalties, the only thing he could do was complement the Flyers on their relentlous power play.

Well, I enjoyed the outcome very much, but hated that second period. It's one thing trying to hold a lead in the 3rd, but come on.

I said to the boy that Ennis was gonna' get the winner and the kid made me look good. Rally cap on for over and hour and it paid off.

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

Connolly. No offense, but he's a beast in his own end. He's working hard and that empty net block was huge.

Pommers could have a calf wound and that isn't very good either. Bieksa had that and was out months.

the achilles tendon insertion is on the calcaneus and goes superiorly to behind the knee. if he has a cut achilles tendon, he is done for the playoffs. he will probably get an mri tomorrow and if it is a full thickness tear of the tendon, it needs to be surgically repaired. this is very bad news for pominville.

Archived