GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I just had a dream that Buffalo won the Stanley Cup and they played Nashville in the finals. So we're obviously going to beat the Flyers in this series. The thing that didn't make sense was that Leopold was the one who hoisted the cup, and he's not even an assistant or captain. Btw this could be the last home game of the season (I hope not)

Let's go Buffalo!

Dear Hockey Gods:

Your humble servants in Western New York request your help in this, their hour of need.

Please help our guys dig deep and find the courage and the grace under pressure to make the right decisions.

Please lend Rico's spirit and game to our forwards.

Please give the teammates of the short one with the lion's heart the strength to follow his example.

We are battered and broken but we can rise again.

Go Sabres.

Dear Hockey Gods:

Your humble servants in Western New York request your help in this, their hour of need.

Please help our guys dig deep and find the courage and the grace under pressure to make the right decisions.

Please lend Rico's spirit and game to our forwards.

Please give the teammates of the short one with the lion's heart the strength to follow his example.

We are battered and broken but we can rise again.

Go Sabres.

F the hockey gods. I'm still pissed that they did nothing about our blue line getting decimated in the 05-06 playoffs. :rolleyes:

I just had a dream that Buffalo won the Stanley Cup and they played Nashville in the finals. So we're obviously going to beat the Flyers in this series. The thing that didn't make sense was that Leopold was the one who hoisted the cup, and he's not even an assistant or captain. Btw this could be the last home game of the season (I hope not)

Let's go Buffalo!

I'd be okay with that since I have Predators playoff tickets! While I like having a second, local team to root for (Nashville) it sucks when the Sabres and Preds play of the same night...I have to miss tonight's Sabres games to attend the Preds-Ducks game. Preds would have played last night but the game was pushed back to Wednesday due to a Lady Gaga concert... urgh...

BTW - just saw Todd Marchant in Starbucks this AM

Sabres in 6. We will we celebrating on Sunday at around 6 p.m. The downfall of the Flyers begins tonight.

(no, I'm not drinking this morning -- just have a feeling)

I tell you what I have a similar calm feeling about this series. I'm not sure if it's just indifference to the outcome given that this team is essentially playing with house money or if it's total confidence that the Sabres will prevail in this series. I do know that playoff hockey is a blast. :thumbsup:

Let's go Buffalo!

Way to fluff me only to kick me in the stones.

Win or lose, this is so much more fun than not making the playoffs.

Yes +1 :thumbsup: and on top of that several of the new players need the experience to build for the future.

Alas I will be on the road for tonights game and through Sunday late. I will not get to see any of the next 3 first hand but I will follow here on the board and or NHL on the fly if/when I can.

I can tell and I am happy to say already this is not the same playoff team as last year and I am enjoying it more than last year as well.

Keep it going and get it done, Let's go Buff'a'lo.

Sabres, in their history, have never won a playoff series that they trailed 2-1.

A stat I never really knew, or didn't recall, until GR just mentioned it.

Meh! Stats!!! Between these 2 teams in all their playoff series the team who won game 1 won the series. I'll say it again; Meh! Stats!!!

Meh! Stats!!! Between these 2 teams in all their playoff series the team who won game 1 won the series. I'll say it again; Meh! Stats!!!

I like when the Sabres make history against the Flyers. So now would be a great time to stop that stat.

I'd be okay with that since I have Predators playoff tickets! While I like having a second, local team to root for (Nashville) it sucks when the Sabres and Preds play of the same night...I have to miss tonight's Sabres games to attend the Preds-Ducks game. Preds would have played last night but the game was pushed back to Wednesday due to a Lady Gaga concert... urgh...

BTW - just saw Todd Marchant in Starbucks this AM

That's admirable and what not, but I'd never fall into that trap, even though I've lived in the Philadelphia area all of my life. :)

All I know is that the Sabres have shown us this season that it's not wise to count them down and out, especially when they have time. 2-1 in a best of 7 gives the Sabres time. They're not the mentally and emotionally fragile team from last year, and they clearly have more guts and finish than last year's team.

Here's to Lindy and the team, GOOD LUCK! We're all counting on you! :beer:

All I know is that the Sabres have shown us this season that it's not wise to count them down and out, especially when they have time. 2-1 in a best of 7 gives the Sabres time. They're not the mentally and emotionally fragile team from last year, and they clearly have more guts and finish than last year's team.

This is a good point. They have been resilient this season.

I wonder if lindi will super juggle the lines. It needs to be done. I am so tired of watching pommers an tc pass the puck back an forth all pp long. Gaustad should be parked in the front of the net not vanek, idk why ruff doesnt let van sit on the point and crank in shots but hey I dont get paid millions of dollars to coach now do i....

Going to this one too, this time section 308 row 2. Hoping to see a little tighter game from the D and forwards as a whole. The big key will be the PP where we had all the opportunities in the world on monday and couldn't bury anything. That was a pretty big factor in our late season success so that needs to get going if we have any chance at success.

Lets go Buffalo! :w00t:

Archived