GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The "D" really has to settle down and stay strong on the puck. Too many Flyers are allowed to waltz right up to the paint and shoot or park there. To me, Myers has seemed to play small this series. He's been struggling to control the puck and he really hasn't used his size as he could to knock folks off the puck, squeeze them out of the play, or clear them from the crease. A bit of a gentle giant, he needs to start pushing folks around more ala Chara. When we're down by a goal with a minute or two left and frantically trying to get shots on goal, someone has to remind Myers that it is a bad time to circle back into our zone and skate figure 8's when he's pressured in the neutral zone.

We really could have used a veteran back there to settle the youngsters down - it shows.

On offense, Ennis really has to stop all the extra puck-handling in the Flyer's zone and get rid of the puck more quickly - passing it or taking a shot on goal. He tries to weave his way all the way through their zone only to get knocked off the puck more often than not. When he gains the zone, he just needs to quickly cycle it in deep to try to get a forcheck going, pass it, or take a shot.

Miller needs to steal a game.

A guy I work with is sporting Rico chops and a mustache. It looks terrible but I appreciate the sentiment.

I shaved into it this morning. Rally mustache basically. I felt like a change of mojo was needed. It looks awful, but I don't care.

Chicago played a statement game last night in Game 4 on their home ice as they were on the verge of getting swept. I expect Buffalo to bring that same sentiment tonight. This is a statement game for the Sabres. We will not go quietly. I've got more unsubstantiated faith in this team than I've had in years.

I expect a win.

I wonder if lindi will super juggle the lines. It needs to be done. I am so tired of watching pommers an tc pass the puck back an forth all pp long. Gaustad should be parked in the front of the net not vanek, idk why ruff doesnt let van sit on the point and crank in shots but hey I dont get paid millions of dollars to coach now do i....

There's a soccer-term used a lot in Danish, which directly translates to playing "alibi-soccer".

What this means is that you'll do your bit off the ball, but when you're on the ball you purely go through the motions and try nothing to change or impact the game. Rather just pass the ball off to someone else and hope they can produce anything, and if not, it wasn't you who failed in doing so. "It wasn't me".

That is exactly what I see from Pommer and TC when they pass the puck to each other on the PP. I feel like I'm watching a game of hot potato.

No you take it, I don't want it.

No, YOU take it, give it to someone else!

No, YOU..... etc. etc.

USPS???

If he fits, he ships.

Nice. :)

Philly fans and classy just don't go together here. There were guys yelling obscenities at the TV in game one at the little quiet bar I went to. Meatheads.

That being said, I know some saavy Philly fans too.

Nice. :)

Philly fans and classy just don't go together here. There were guys yelling obscenities at the TV in game one at the little quiet bar I went to. Meatheads.

That being said, I know some saavy Philly fans too.

Yea I know that guy too. ;)

There's a soccer-term used a lot in Danish, which directly translates to playing "alibi-soccer".

What this means is that you'll do your bit off the ball, but when you're on the ball you purely go through the motions and try nothing to change or impact the game. Rather just pass the ball off to someone else and hope they can produce anything, and if not, it wasn't you who failed in doing so. "It wasn't me".

That is exactly what I see from Pommer and TC when they pass the puck to each other on the PP. I feel like I'm watching a game of hot potato.

No, YOU..... etc. etc.

I get the same feeling watching those two at times. Where are those players that WANT the puck at crunch time? Guys like Gerbe. That dude WANTS to make the play. Can he play the half wall on the PP? We should be able to find a place for a guy that wants it so much.

GO SABRES!!!

No, YOU..... etc. etc.

Actually I think Pommer made a mistake last game and forced a shot that didn't get through on the 5-3. I think on the 5-3 the shot has to get through. I thought he was uncharacteristically impatient.

Actually I think Pommer made a mistake last game and forced a shot that didn't get through on the 5-3. I think on the 5-3 the shot has to get through. I thought he was uncharacteristically impatient.

That's how it usually ends though, after they get impatient passing it back and forth - An ill-advised shot.

Max used to be pretty good at it too, only he'd try to pass through 2 sticks and 2 pairs of skates.

:lol: Imagine how good Max would have been if he could have kept his head up. The only way he could pass was to stop and look up.

Imagine how many goals he could've scored if only he could elevate the puck more than one inch?

If there's ever a poll for most overrated Sabres player in history, my vote goes to Max.

Imagine how many goals he could've scored if only he could elevate the puck more than one inch?

If there's ever a poll for most overrated Sabres player in history, my vote goes to Max.

I would be in a very small minority, but my vote would go to Drury(I even felt that way before 7-1-07).

I wonder if lindi will super juggle the lines. It needs to be done. I am so tired of watching pommers an tc pass the puck back an forth all pp long. Gaustad should be parked in the front of the net not vanek, idk why ruff doesnt let van sit on the point and crank in shots but hey I dont get paid millions of dollars to coach now do i....

All season people are getting on Lindy's case because he never keeps his lines together. Now when so many of us want him to mix it up he seems to do all he can not to change any line. :wallbash:

I seem to remember John Tucker and Paul Cyr being touted as the second coming of Perreault and Martin.

I wouldn't expect to see him this series. Has it even been leaked as to what his injury is?

I remember hearing, I think it was, Paul Hamilton on WGR a few weeks back indicating that Hecht had a head injury. I only heard it that one time.

I was always impressed by what Drury got out of the talent he had.

I remember watching him for a series of games I attended back in 06-07 and was amazed at how invisible he could be. Yes he scored some big playoff goals, but in the long run, I was glad to see OSP/LQ screw it up, which led to Drury bolting for NY.

I remember hearing, I think it was, Paul Hamilton on WGR a few weeks back indicating that Hecht had a head injury. I only heard it that one time.

I heard him say that, too. Once.

Archived