GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I seem to remember John Tucker and Paul Cyr being touted as the second coming of Perreault and Martin.

Tucker was a good player.

Cyr, I'm still angry at. Close your eyes and fire Pauly. :D

Sabres trivia: Cyr and Andreychuk were 1st-round picks in a year in which the Sabres had 3 first-rounders (Tucker was a 2nd-rounder that year, IIRC). Without checking, does anyone remember the 3rd first-rounder? He was pretty much a total washout.

Sabres trivia: Cyr and Andreychuk were 1st-round picks in a year in which the Sabres had 3 first-rounders (Tucker was a 2nd-rounder that year, IIRC). Without checking, does anyone remember the 3rd first-rounder? He was pretty much a total washout.

Normand Lacombe. :death: (i think)

Wow that's going back a bit. Wee.

Norm Lacombe was '83.

Wait. You are right! Barraso - Creighton - Lacombe was 83.

We forgot Housley, Andreychuk, Cyr was 82

Well, serves me right for sponsoring a trivia contest without checking the facts.

Boy, Lacombe was the 10th pick in the draft and Creighton was the 11th. Creighton was tall and slow but with good hands. He didn't do much as a Sabre but ended up with a 10-year NHL career, including a 34-goal season with Chicago.

Well, serves me right for sponsoring a trivia contest without checking the facts.

Boy, Lacombe was the 10th pick in the draft and Creighton was the 11th. Creighton was tall and slow but with good hands. He didn't do much as a Sabre but ended up with a 10-year NHL career, including a 34-goal season with Chicago.

Creighton got us Vaive if IIRC. He was as slow as paint. We already had Andreychuk who was as slow as paint.

Always liked Creighton's size though.

I had forgotten that Neely was taken with the pick immediately before Lacombe and Creighton! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Also, Creighton's career year with Chicago including 224PIM. How come I remember him being a big sissy? :lol:

I need to stop looking, I am getting sick...Scott Stevens was selected right before Housley. :(

I had forgotten that Neely was taken with the pick immediately before Lacombe and Creighton! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Also, Creighton's career year with Chicago including 224PIM. How come I remember him being a big sissy? :lol:

I need to stop looking, I am getting sick...Scott Stevens was selected right before Housley. :(

I remember Creighton having a bit of an edge, but 224 PIM is pretty surprising. He had 4 other seasons with 92 or more PIM.

OK boys -- how 'bout not starting this game with a goal against or a bonehead penalty in the first 5 minutes? Let the crowd roar for a while, then reward them with a goal 8 or 9 minutes into the first, and then another one. Then some hitting, some good D and goaltending, and an ENG to seal it.

The Sabres can win this game.

Another stat to remember - The team that scores first in each game ends up winning... It's simple - get the first goal and defend the lead!

1-0 NJ nail biter?!?!? Not tonight please! Lite the lamp often for a change while staying out of the F###### penalty box!!!!

Archived