Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Anyone that doesn't believe that having an enforcer on the ice results in his teammates having more room needs to study the before-and-after of Mike Komisarek in this game. Komi made it his mission to make life miserable for Ennis and Byron until McCormick was finally able to get his mitts on Komi. Even though it was a fairly even fight, afterwards I don't think Komisarek so much as touched any of our mighty Munchkins.

Anyone that doesn't believe that having an enforcer on the ice results in his teammates having more room needs to study the before-and-after of Mike Komisarek in this game. Komi made it his mission to make life miserable for Ennis and Byron until McCormick was finally able to get his mitts on Komi. Even though it was a fairly even fight, afterwards I don't think Komisarek so much as touched any of our mighty Munchkins.

shame no one pucked Fhaneuf

I agree. I like Stafford, always have. Although, I'm not sure I would call this a breakout season for him. I think he has yet to have that so that is why I want to keep him. I also think he has a mean streak that has not been adequately been tapped into.

Good post.

if we blow away a two-goal lead against the Leaves.. then.. then..

it would mark a truly fitting end to the TG-LQ era.. :death:

Sorry that you're disappointed.

They are just hammering are midgets. Foligno and Kassian can't get here soon enough.

It's "our." The two words aren't even pronounced the same way. Geez. And sorry that you're disappointed, too.

Who do we want to win - Carolina or Atlanta????

That three-point game sucked. That's why a team cannot afford to have the October that the Sabs had. Two other crappy teams will combine for a three-point game, not two.

DREEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! So should they trade him or what?

ASAP.

Has Van ever missed on one of those? (I know he missed on this one.) What am I saying? I'm into the Chardonnay pretty good tonight. Sorry.

Last night against Pittsburgh comes to mind.

Damn, that was one fun game to be at.

OK, good win against a crappy Leafs team. Get-well night for the top 6. Stafford's strong bounceback season continues.

I liked the TC-Stafford-Ennis line tonight.

Next 6 games:

at Tampa

at Florida

Islanders

at Montreal

Toronto

St Louis

If the Sabres win 5 of those, which is very doable, they will be in the #8 slot and coming up hard on the Rangers at #7.

Go Sabres.

OK, good win against a crappy Leafs team. Get-well night for the top 6. Stafford's strong bounceback season continues.

I liked the TC-Stafford-Ennis line tonight.

Next 6 games:

at Tampa

at Florida

Islanders

at Montreal

Toronto

St Louis

If the Sabres win 5 of those, which is very doable, they will be in the #8 slot and coming up hard on the Rangers at #7.

Go Sabres.

That would require winning more than 2 games in a row. Hate to be the wet blanket and the broken record at the same time, but the Sabres haven't been able to do that all season.

No way would I get rid of DREW at this time, his game is looking stronger than ever. As long as TV keeps scoring with that slapper, I have no problem with him taking it. If that's your best shot in your arsenal, keep using it, until it no longer works.

Solid performance from start to finish. I still wish there was more atmosphere in the crowd but I suppose that will happen in due time. 4 out of 6 will probably be the best we can hope for coming up on the schedule. Tampa and Montreal will be very tough and I expect them to throw everything at Tampa....

Was messing around with stats on NHL.com and Drew Stafford is tied for 5th in the NHL in goals per games played right now. Tied with Corey Perry and Danny Briere, and trailing only Crosby, Stamkos, Kesler, and D. Sedin.

Maybe it is a fluke and he'll regress toward the mean, but it sure is nice to see him produce this year given the brutal year he had last year...

Great game. Liked how Cody stepped up with that kommy on the leafs D after he tried to make all our little uns his prison bitsh. There was a little too much of that from the leafs and I'm sure over a 7 game series the teams we'd play would have the same game plan to wear these small guys right down like pencil nubs. The majority of our team would be a sobbing,snot nosed mess by the 5 or 6 game mark if we made it that far. Especially with the way the officiating goes away somewhat in the playoffs.

Byron ha really impressed. He has really been targeted by the opposition but he keeps sticking his nose in the dirty areas. Reminds me a little of Briere, although Ennis harkened the same feeling. Maybe I'm another one of the ninnies that misses DB. Never fancied myself as such.

Byron ha really impressed. He has really been targeted by the opposition but he keeps sticking his nose in the dirty areas. Reminds me a little of Briere, although Ennis harkened the same feeling. Maybe I'm another one of the ninnies that misses DB. Never fancied myself as such.

Looked at the stat sheet after the game, Byron drew two penalties (and was given a unsportsmanlike along with Kaberle at one point) and wasn't backing down from anybody. It was awesome seeing McCormick try to get at Komisarek 3 or 4 times but kept getting held back by the refs or other Leafs, but once he finally got to him he made it count.

Ennis, surprisingly enough, has delivered solid open-ice checks (not huge hits, but solid enough to break up the other team's possession in their zone or the neutral zone) pretty regularly, and delivered a pretty big one last night.

I agree about Byron sticking his nose into the tough spots. Kinda reminds me of Kennedy but with more skill.

Like Tommy Gun, although there may be an adult film star with the same name. Maybe that will make it more fun.

Tommy Gun unloads his shot on the goalie...

"Tommy Gun" has been done a lot already, the most egregious example being Rockey's lame ass protege in Rocky V.

C'mon, people, Austrian Rifle. It's unique and has that international panache. Plus, Austrians are scary as hell (e.g. Schwarzenegger, World War II, etc.).

So, does Phaneuf get a suspension for his blind side hit to Pommer's head after Pommer got his penalty? How that isn't a penalty when the ref is looking right at it, is beyond me. That is a suspension if you ask me.

I watched the replay once, so take this with a grain of salt. To me, it looked like Pommer tripped the Leafs player, then turned quickly without looking to get back as fast as possible and ran smack into a pretty stationary Phaneuf. It was more like a big guy giving a smaller player a "look where the f**k you are going" hit. Borderline interference, maybe, but that's about it.

Archived