Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

I'm in, as always.

Tonight I'm looking for these boys to redeem themselves after last night. They just better give me a show and kick the snot out of the Leafs. I'm loyal to a fault sometimes, but these chumps are really starting to pi$$ me off.

Is Ruff auditioning for his new club tonight? Some of the Toronto media would have you believe so. I think the Sabres take this game tonight but after last nights debacle you just never know. I rarely blame officiating because I believe you make you're own breaks but after last nights piss poor officiating in several of the contests I'm losing faith. Particularly the lack of an offside call on Cookes goal. Give us that call and this outcome could have gone our way. Hopefully the leafs don't get blessed with the same fortune tonight. GO SABRES!

Is Ruff auditioning for his new club tonight? Some of the Toronto media would have you believe so. I think the Sabres take this game tonight but after last nights debacle you just never know. I rarely blame officiating because I believe you make you're own breaks but after last nights piss poor officiating in several of the contests I'm losing faith. Particularly the lack of an offside call on Cookes goal. Give us that call and this outcome could have gone our way. Hopefully the leafs don't get blessed with the same fortune tonight. GO SABRES!

The Sabres didn't lose last night because of the refs. NFW. They lost because they couldn't handle Pittsburgh's forecheck in the 2nd period, because Miller made one fewer save than they needed, and because, again, the "top 6" didn't produce diddly. Hopefully TP and whoever his new team president saw that and will demand real changes to the top 6.

Okay, playoff march or death march continues tonight setting the stage for sell off or maybe a buy or two.

Well Sabres which is it going to be ?

Let's Go Buff'a'lo make a choice.

This game does feel like a bit of a crossroads, innit?

The Sabres didn't lose last night because of the refs. NFW. They lost because they couldn't handle Pittsburgh's forecheck in the 2nd period, because Miller made one fewer save than they needed, and because, again, the "top 6" didn't produce diddly. Hopefully TP and whoever his new team president saw that and will demand real changes to the top 6.

Certainly he and his "team" saw that before last night. If he's a diehard, he has seen it all before.

Certainly he and his "team" saw that before last night. If he's a diehard, he has seen it all to Many times before.

Fixed it for ya there ol 'Beverely PA'.

You do live up in them there hills with the rest of them other Pennsyltuckians now don'tcha?

So the fact that the pens were offside on Cookes goal had no outcome on the final score? The refs make that call there is no goal so...

So the fact that the pens were offside on Cookes goal had no outcome on the final score? The refs make that call there is no goal so...

If they make that call, it's highly likely that the pens win the next faceoff, control the puck in the Sabres zone for the next 30 seconds and pump another one in. They dominated that stretch of the game and the Sabres were helpless.

I'm not trying to blow off your point. I just hate the idea of blaming the refs. The Sabres didn't do enough to win that game.

If they make that call, it's highly likely that the pens win the next faceoff, control the puck in the Sabres zone for the next 30 seconds and pump another one in. They dominated that stretch of the game and the Sabres were helpless.

I'm not trying to blow off your point. I just hate the idea of blaming the refs. The Sabres didn't do enough to win that game.

True.

To me seemed like the game as a whole got out of hand.

I believe stats would show Buffalo consisantly blows it in the second period.

Remember how they used to be called the Cardiac Kids or something like that?

It was maddening watching them trying to get that goal in the final seconds; I swear my BP would go up 10 points sittin on the couch.

I agree the Sabres sucked save for the first ten minutes of the game. However, the penguins lead the league in penalty minutes yet Buffalo had a grand total of 40 seconds on the power play? I watched a game, there could have been several calls made but weren't. Not at all excusing the loss because it's not like the Sabres PP is gold but a couple chances in a one goal game wouldn't of hurt.

Archived