Terry Pegula buying the Buffalo Sabres discussion

\GoBillsInDallas/

Well, I didn't mean it as a shot toward Golisano really.

What I meant was that the guys really doesn't know/care about hockey, so he lets Quinn basically be the owner. It would be too much of a pain for him and it wouldn't be much fun for him since he doesn't really follow the sport.

So Quinn essentially gets to play with a toy he didn't buy. That's a really sweet deal, and I wouldn't blame Quinn for not being happy to see the fun end.

I knew where you were going with the comment, just wanted to throw that response out there. Fans have every right to complain about it, but at the end of the day, it was Golisano's team and it was completely up to him how it was run. Based on the return he's about to get, I can't really blame him for any of his decisions. I may have done the exact same thing.

Was talking to a guy at the skate and shoot this morning and he was telling how a coach once told him that if you are going into the corner with someone you should grab his balls and he will never go into the corner with you again. He said it was pretty effective.

Uh, wouldn't that be pretty hard to disguise?

Was talking to a guy at the skate and shoot this morning and he was telling how a coach once told him that if you are going into the corner with someone you should grab his balls and he will never go into the corner with you again. He said it was pretty effective.

:blink: Besides making it difficult to play the puck, wouldn't you get called for holding the stick? :sick:

Edit: Damn, you beat me to it, Swamp.

Sounds like Sheldon Kennedy was on his team at one point.

Why do I get the feeling that Larry Quinn is either in denial or trying to hold everything up as long as possible?

Given Pegula's love of hockey, and his sons being into hockey, once Quinn is out, he'll never be involved with running the team again, and he knows it.

Even if Quinn had a 3% stake in the team still, Pegula could just push him aside and make all the decisions himself. Golisano could too; he just doesn't care.

Quinn has about 15 million reasons to keep his mouth shut till the ink is dry.

Ha! Being the victim of sexual abuse by an authority figure, then insinuating the victim is gay, hysterical!!

Sorry...that's not what I meant to do. I couldn't think of the coach's name. Grahm James.

That sure was one interesting relationship though. It reads like Stephen King meets Daniele Steele.

There is so much "not gay"/gay culture in hockey that I don't even know what to think of it all.

On that note, Enjoy your purchase Mr. Pegula!

Sorry...that's not what I meant to do. I couldn't think of the coach's name. Grahm James.

That sure was one interesting relationship though. It reads like Stephen King meets Daniele Steele.

There is so much "not gay"/gay culture in hockey that I don't even know what to think of it all.

I figured your post may not have been what I interpreted it as, I'm not sure I want to know how it all went down.

Toady's Sabres Edge Block in BN

Bucky also writes that sources last week said Sabres minority partner Dan DiPofi is likely headed for the exits whenever Terrence Pegula takes over as owner. Managing partner Larry Quinn and General Manager Regier are expected to remain through a transition process before departing.

I suppose it makes sense that LQ stays on in a transitional role but it does make me gag more than a little to think that he will continue to draw a paycheck under Pegula even if it is for a short time.

I suppose it makes sense that LQ stays on in a transitional role but it does make me gag more than a little to think that he will continue to draw a paycheck under Pegula even if it is for a short time.

Is that what the recent meeting was all about? Giving Larry an even puffier golden parachute?

Reading the tea leaves can be fun. Bucky says Darcy didn't know Pegula was in the building until the Sabres released a statement. He called that "troubling," for Darcy I presume. For most of the rest of us, it was not troubling, since it's a sign Darcy will be sent packing by Pegula.

Also, that night Lindy said he was too busy getting ready for the game to meet with Pegula. Another good sign for change -- you can't tell me Lindy didn't have a spare minute to say hello. Lindy can't possibly spend every waking minute the day of a game "getting ready." Sounded like Lindy was saving face there.

Is that what the recent meeting was all about? Giving Larry an even puffier golden parachute?

Reading the tea leaves can be fun. Bucky says Darcy didn't know Pegula was in the building until the Sabres released a statement. He called that "troubling," for Darcy I presume. For most of the rest of us, it was not troubling, since it's a sign Darcy will be sent packing by Pegula.

Also, that night Lindy said he was too busy getting ready for the game to meet with Pegula. Another good sign for change -- you can't tell me Lindy didn't have a spare minute to say hello. Lindy can't possibly spend every waking minute the day of a game "getting ready." Sounded like Lindy was saving face there.

You might reading a bit more into this. Considering Larry Quinn was denying a sale long after the entire world knew there was going to be one Lindy and Darcy may just be toeing the LQ party line and doing their best

PTR

Interesting. That article definitely makes it sound like DR is history. This will be another item that Bucky can be evaluated on.

Considering the reporting source (Bucky), I'll take it with a grain of salt. It could be just fanciful thinking on his part as I can't sometimes tell when he's reporting and blogging. I don't think Bucky will ever win the the Elmer Ferguson honor.

Maybe Pegula will bring back John Muckler.

You might reading a bit more into this. Considering Larry Quinn was denying a sale long after the entire world knew there was going to be one Lindy and Darcy may just be toeing the LQ party line and doing their best

PTR

Maybe i'm the only one, but, the article makes no sense at all. Says Pegula doesn't want Darcy back because it'd just be same ole same ole, and wants to bring in "winners". Yet, the entire LIST besides Patrick, are a bunch of proven LOSERS.

Maybe i'm the only one, but, the article makes no sense at all. Says Pegula doesn't want Darcy back because it'd just be same ole same ole, and wants to bring in "winners". Yet, the entire LIST besides Patrick, are a bunch of proven LOSERS.

If any thing is true in that article I hope it is that Pegula realizes what a PR nightmare it would be to retain Regier.

You may want to re-think that unless I'm looking at the wrong list.

You may want to re-think that unless I'm looking at the wrong list.

Rick Dudley - Terrible head coach, in Florida fired after 40 games in first year. Now in Atlanta as GM, got a sweetheart deal with Hawks but what else has he done? Atlanta is 3-7-4 in last 14 and falling quickly.

Pierre McGuire - Works at TSN, knows prospects, but does he know in and outs as a GM? Idk. Huge unknown, "proven winner" definitely not.

Don Luce - Love him, and he may be best on the list besides Patrick. However, what experience does he has as GM? He is a great evaluator of talent, but im sure he's missed on a lot too but we all hear about Pomminstein and Moginly. Naming him as GM is like naming Buddy Nix as GM. "Proven winner"?

Jim Benning - Good scout and is assistant GM with Bruins. Not sure what he knows, i'm sure he has a bright future but far from a proven winner.

Claude Loiselle - Long time scout with Ducks, was a free agent for a while until buddy Brian Burke called him. Hmm....

Jason Botterill - Smart guy, left hockey with head problems but know little about him. Assistant in Pittsburgh. Seems like another "project" or "hopeful" and not "proven winner".

Mike Mudd - Local kid, good prospect i guess, good scout and now runs the AHL team for the Sharks.

Doug Risebrough - 3 playoff appearances in 8 years. He's better then Darcy?

Larry Carriere - I've always thought he was an idiot but thats just my opinion, but not sure what he has done that is good?

Is there another list with proven winners on it? Why am i just looking at the losers list?

Archived