The Walking Dead

deluca67

So you've never imagined how it would all play out for you if there ever was a zombie situation? Isn't there an industry built around people doing that? Books, video games, movies, TV shows.......yeah, I can see how that would be completely ludicrous given the billions of dollars people are making from that. <_<

I like the out of the box thinking and the fact that they are using the graphic novels as a guideline for the show. It isn't as outlandish as you make it sound. Desperate times + some crazy people = some, more than likely, crazy scenarios (i.e. Michonne).

But hey, that's just my opinion. :thumbsup:

So you've never imagined how it would all play out for you if there ever was a zombie situation? Isn't there an industry built around people doing that? Books, video games, movies, TV shows.......yeah, I can see how that would be completely ludicrous given the billions of dollars people are making from that. <_<

I kind of wanted to make the plaid comment, but yeah, when people inject these "that's not realistic!" comments into a zombie show I find it crazy. But then again, Fox makes billions off of people watching American Idol, so there's more than enough stupid out there to go around.

Anyway, I read up on the events of the first season and then watched the vast majority of the marathon on sunday. I kind of wish I had started earlier, but I'll stick around from here on out.

I kind of wanted to make the plaid comment, but yeah, when people inject these "that's not realistic!" comments into a zombie show I find it crazy. But then again, Fox makes billions off of people watching American Idol, so there's more than enough stupid out there to go around.

Anyway, I read up on the events of the first season and then watched the vast majority of the marathon on sunday. I kind of wish I had started earlier, but I'll stick around from here on out.

If half of what happened at the prison in the comics makes it to TV you won't be disappointed.

You may not want to watch anymore. I don't find Michonne to be too unbelievable actually. You do know there are tons of crazy people around this country right now planning and training for the sociopolitical collapse of this country right? I would go so far as to say some are even prepping for a zombie apocalypse. I don't find it to unbelievable that there might be a chick who knows exactly how to combat zombies and she ends up being completely right when said zombie apocalypse actually occurs.

World War Z by Max Brooks is a great read and tells the story of people who survived a zombie apocalypse. Not just individuals but also a military and governmental perspective.

Read it and loved it. He dissected all the really practical problems you'd face if this ever really did happen. The most chilling part was towards the end when they (spoiler) find all the people who successfully barricaded themselves in from the zombies but just ran out of food and starved to death. That had way more of an impact than any really "out there" ideas they could have gone into. Or the bit about no one knowing what happened to North Korea.

My favorite zombie anything is still the first 10 minutes of the 2004 Dawn of the Dead. You basically see the opening hours of the end of the world and just how frantic and insane it would be. It's still as jarring as anything I've ever seen in a horror or action movie.

You may not want to watch anymore. I don't find Michonne to be too unbelievable actually. You do know there are tons of crazy people around this country right now planning and training for the sociopolitical collapse of this country right? I would go so far as to say some are even prepping for a zombie apocalypse. I don't find it to unbelievable that there might be a chick who knows exactly how to combat zombies and she ends up being completely right when said zombie apocalypse actually occurs.

Dude - they are coming. Will you be ready?

http://www.zombiesurvivalcourse.com/contact/contact.html

It's also fairly close to the Victory Brewery. Nothing like a refreshing Hop Devil after double tapping some zombies.

I like zombie stuff so I'll probably watch it the way I watched this season -- a couple minutes here and there to see if there's any action happening. The character/dialogue scenes are consistently awful, but zombie action is always, at worst, fun.

Like I said, I just wish the writers could make their non-zombie characters halfway decent. Especially since that's supposedly who the title of the show is referring to.

Read it and loved it. He dissected all the really practical problems you'd face if this ever really did happen. The most chilling part was towards the end when they (spoiler) find all the people who successfully barricaded themselves in from the zombies but just ran out of food and starved to death. That had way more of an impact than any really "out there" ideas they could have gone into. Or the bit about no one knowing what happened to North Korea.

My favorite zombie anything is still the first 10 minutes of the 2004 Dawn of the Dead. You basically see the opening hours of the end of the world and just how frantic and insane it would be. It's still as jarring as anything I've ever seen in a horror or action movie.

I loved the idea that most of the military hardware became obsolete against zombies, and how they pretty much had to resort to simpler weapons and strategies.

Hello my name is R_dudly and after reading this thread originally started by Deluca in October I now have become a walking dead following zombie for this whole season and likely the duration.

I think I can control my zombie urges but find myself considering the run for your life event here outside Pgh 9-1.(I am trying to get a group from work here to enter with me but no luck yet) I haven't started my formal doomsday planning but I also find myself mysteriously intrigued by the doomsday training brought to our attention by Korab and strangely also here in Pennsylvania where I live.

Maybe it's the radon or the water here but anyway I loved the last episode and will be looking forward to the next season like a zombie chasing after that flesh fix they crave.

I can honestly answer that question with a no.

What a fantastic series....

So you've never imagined how it would all play out for you if there ever was a zombie situation?

I can honestly answer that question with a no.

The whole basis of good storytelling relies on putting relatable people in difficult situations. So 1. the characters are relatable because you see some of yourself in them and 2. you're interested because you wonder how the situation would play out if it were you. Based on how popular all the zombie books, movies, TV shows, and video games have been recently, I'm thinking a lot of people (for whatever reason) like to daydream about living in an apocalyptic zombie scenario.

You even have stuff like this: http://runforyourlives.com/

People see horror movies because they want to be scared and they see romance movies because they want to experience (usually absurd) love stories. People like to pretend. And it's not just zombies -- people have Mad Men parties where they dress up like upscale New Yorkers from the 1960's.

And based on the part where you said this was a "fantastic series" I'm guessing you've also daydreamed about life in the Walking Dead universe.

There are currently two shows on TV about this: Doomsday Preppers and Doomsday Bunkers.

• 1 month later...

For Walking Dead fans I suggest buying the comics. You can pickup the books at amazon.com for half price. I just picked up volume 14 and it is taking a very interesting turn.

I'm working on volume 6 atm.... thou i been reading it for the past few weeks as I have gotten sidetracked recently

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.