The Walking Dead

deluca67

That was a nice touch. The girl was in the barn. In the previews for next week it looks like the survivors turn on each other. It should be good.

Unfortunately, the preview you saw was for the second half of season two which won't air until February. I agree though, nice touch with the Sophia in the barn trick. We called it two or three episodes ago though :-P.

As for another one of my gripes, the kids still being kids in a world where kids need to be grownups, is finally being tackled. I like how Carl is growing up almost instantaneously as of the shooting. Now we just need mommy to die off so she can't coddle him anymore. How the F**** would they survive a pregnancy / birth in this world anyway? Baby wakes up screaming for the teet at 3am ... I'm sorry but there's no fixing noisy.

My sense is that it's just a couple of months break. It'll be back for the May Sweeps.

I think we are being set up to see the little girl coming back as a zombie and taking out the mother who can't put her down. I'm guessing Daryl takes them both out in an act of compassion. Or she is already in the barn; come to think of it, that would be a better subplot.

I nailed it. I should be a Hollywood writer.

Now that was an episode! That ending scene was crazy good. Talk about jumbling up the lines of humanity and inhumanity. They are sure setting Shane up to be one pyschotic dude.

I just have one tad issue, the timeline doesn't support her being in the barn. It would have been better if Rick was saving her with the Farmer when Shane went schizo.. Talk about the mangling of right and wrong; good and bad; humanity and inhumanity.

You would think that anyone living on the farm would say "hey you guys are looking for a missing girl? We just put one in the barn yesterday".

that was my first thought when she walked out! They all knew that the group was looking for a missing girl. Made no sense to me.

Honestly, with the way they were hyping up Herschel believing they were still people, I was expecting his wife to walk out and some dramatic shooting or him running after her, or something along those lines...I wasn't sure if it was going to be Sophia or not. Can't wait for the episodes to start back up in Feb!

Otis put her in the barn, and he's not talking - thanks to Shane and a hungry group of walkers.

that's a good point. I re-watched the episode last night, and they stress that Otis had been doing that for a while. Makes a little more sense now that most of Herschel's gang did not know who/what was in there.

That was a great episode and even a better ending scene.

It really hit two major points.

1) Even though Shane and all the others were all gung ho when killing the walkers as then came out of the barn, not one raised their gun to the little girl. Suddenly they were in Hershel's shoes and not one was willing to kill Sophia. It was Rick, the leader of the group, who once again did what needed to be done while the other stood by and did nothing.

2) Hershel was baptized into the new world. He has been living cut off from the world and had been in denial regarding what was truly going on. It took Shane to show Hershel the cruelty of the world they now live in. In doing so he destroyed Hershel's last hope in this new world much like Sophia's appearance from the barn will damage Rick's group. Finding Sophia was a crutch for the group. A hope they leaned on despite knowing inside that there wasn't much chance.

I realize how you become a zombie which involves being bitten or infected through blood contamination but the zombies seem excessively hungry which leads to my question about Sophia. Why is she a zombie yet intact i.e. not missing any flesh or body parts. Did she become infected by a kind zombie or a zombie with no appetite? Just sayin.

I realize how you become a zombie which involves being bitten or infected through blood contamination but the zombies seem excessively hungry which leads to my question about Sophia. Why is she a zombie yet intact i.e. not missing any flesh or body parts. Did she become infected by a kind zombie or a zombie with no appetite? Just sayin.

Possible spoiler from the comic book because I can't remember if they touched on this in the show or not:

Zombies bites are lethal, but they aren't what turns people into zombies. People turn into zombies when they die, regardless of their exposure to zombies.

Possible spoiler from the comic book because I can't remember if they touched on this in the show or not:

Zombies bites are lethal, but they aren't what turns people into zombies. People turn into zombies when they die, regardless of their exposure to zombies.

They have been going off book a lot in the Series.

Thanks for the clarification on that. I suppose when I see guys like Otis get ripped to shreds as the Zombies eat him you kind of wonder what would be left to be a zombie.

If that is the case, why weren't all the people they found dead, in their cars, along the interstate (season 2 opening episode) zombies?

• 2 months later...

After watching the premier of 2012 I have to say there's no other dude I'd like on my side than Rick the good cop. Without giving it away for those of you who may not have seen it, the final scene was very much like dirty harry. I likey !

Edited by bunomatic

After watching the premier of 2012 I have to say there's no other dude I'd like on my side than Rick the good cop. Without giving it away for those of you who may not have seen it, the final scene was very much like dirty harry. I likey !

Awesome ending. The tension ebbed and flowed thru out the scene. I watched it at least 3 times. Ricks got a pretty quick draw!

How did I miss this! Oh yeah. Thanks Time Warner. Had it on the DVR schedule but now with Fios I have to reprogram all my shows. I think it's on again Friday.

I think they play it again right before the new episode on sunday night. Not positive but I think thats how it ran last season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.