The Walking Dead

deluca67

• 2 months later...

The entire series will re-run on AMC this weekend and conclude with a Talking Dead episode and scene from Season 3 on Sunday night at 9.

Awesome. DVR set. I lost all the episodes when I switched to Verizon.

I read in a magazine the next season will be quite different from the comic.

Guest Sloth

Man, NEVER thought the show would be this good. People told me to give it a try this weekend, so I figured why not? I was addicted after the very first episode! Thanks to AMC running a marathon I got nothing accomplished this weekend, but it was worth it. Already looking forward to Season 3! Unbelievable show!

Edited by thanes16

Guest Sloth

Kind of a funny. Jeffrey DeMunn, played Dale, is from Buffalo! Really ticked me off when his character was torn up by a zombie.

Edited by thanes16

Guest Sloth

He was also the Lawyer that put Andy Dufresne away for life in the Shawshank Redemption

Shawshank Redemption was an incredible movie. DeMunn must have liked Stephen King's work, because he also played a guard on The Green Mile. I knew the guy looked familiar as I was watching The Walking Dead this weekend.

I think that's the exact reason why, Dale dying symbolizes the change

Very good point. Still bites though. I wonder what he would've done had he been around when "Rick" declared a dictatorship for the group. I'm sure there are people that tell themselves they wouldn't have a change in their beliefs, morals, values, etc... if they were put into the exact same situation as the people in The Walking Dead.

Edited by thanes16

Very good point. Still bites though. I wonder what he would've done had he been around when "Rick" declared a dictatorship for the group. I'm sure there are people that tell themselves they wouldn't have a change in their beliefs, morals, values, etc... if they were put into the exact same situation as the people in The Walking Dead.

I think being hunted by zombies just might change things for me a little bit.

Shawshank Redemption was an incredible movie. DeMunn must have liked Stephen King's work, because he also played a guard on The Green Mile. I knew the guy looked familiar as I was watching The Walking Dead this weekend.

Just off the top of my head, I feel like there's quite a bit of overlapping in the casts of those two movies. Or maybe it's just because the guy who was the third inmate in the Andy-Red relationship in Shawshank was in just about every movie in the 90s.

you mean the "Ricktatorship?

Edited by Tyrannustyrannus

Guest Sloth

Anyone register for a chance to win a zombie spot in one of this seasons episodes? The Talking Dead put it on the table last night. I did a little reading on it and there is a catch. You may get to go through all of the makeup, shots, and whatever else there is, but what you manage to do is not guaranteed to be in the final edit of the show. So you could be like Joey from Friends. Excited about being on tv, getting everyone together and then realizing mid-way through the episode your spot got cut. That would be funny!

Edited by thanes16

This is exactly the reason I like the show. None of these cast members should be signed to a long term contract. The show is more compelling because they sacrifice characters... Lori should be next... She's made enough bad choices to have her ticket punched....

That's what I took from it too. A saddening drop in moral standards that won't be recovered until the menace is over. It will be interesting when the reach the huge facility right next to where they are now. New characters...new plots....etc.

Guest Sloth

That's what I took from it too. A saddening drop in moral standards that won't be recovered until the menace is over. It will be interesting when the reach the huge facility right next to where they are now. New characters...new plots....etc.

I agree. There is no telling what will happen next. And that's what makes the show so exciting/addicting. I'm impressed w/ what AMC is doing. Until this past weekend, I never gave the show any attention. After watching the marathon, I'm glued to it. I can't wait for the 3rd season to start. I feel like a 12 year old who's addicted to whatever the heck they watch these days. That is how good The Walking Dead is. I'll admit I hope they don't over run it though. I don't know where the drawing line would be, but it would be disappointing if they ran the show too long. I'm unfamiliar w/ the comics, so I don't know what could in the future for the "Rictatorship", as one of you guys put it early. This show is should I say...scary good?!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.