The Walking Dead

deluca67

This season is going to suck. The producer doesn't know what kind of show he wants to put on, the director is overrated, the leading characters have grown stale, the new characters look to be disappointing, there wasn't nearly enough blood and guts on display last year — and that probably won't change this fall.

The Walking Dead also could be tough to watch.

This season is going to suck. The producer doesn't know what kind of show he wants to put on, the director is overrated, the leading characters have grown stale, the new characters look to be disappointing, there wasn't nearly enough blood and guts on display last year — and that probably won't change this fall.

:lol:

Nicely done.. But I think the WD is poised for greatness. The middle of season two was a bit slow, but the last three or so episodes were fantastic...

Mid season form already! Well done.

We've always got Spartacus - 2013. I LOVE that series, as I did the film in 1960 - my favorite film of all time.

Outstanding. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's mid-July and you are already in top game-on shape.

Well done.

Funny thing, I never considered Shane a villain. IMO, he was caught between a rock and a hard place.

I saw someone who was ruthless and stripped of humanity and loyalty - so someone who had become very practical and lost ideology. I think he was a villain, but what made him good was that you could sort of understand why he made the choices he did. There was a perverse logic behind them

There seems to a build up for a Merle/Daryl confrontation.

I don't see why there would be a confrontation. Daryl tried to gut Rick when he found out Merle had been left behind. And Daryl's vision of Merle seemed to suggest there was tough love between them in the past, maybe Merle as father figure. I think there's a lot of loyalty and even affection at play there. Do you read something else into their relationship?

I don't see why there would be a confrontation. Daryl tried to gut Rick when he found out Merle had been left behind. And Daryl's vision of Merle seemed to suggest there was tough love between them in the past, maybe Merle as father figure. I think there's a lot of loyalty and even affection at play there. Do you read something else into their relationship?

The vision gave me the impression of an abusive father figure type relationship. I can see Daryl torn between his blood kin and new family. He referred to group as "broken," I thought that to be an interesting choice of words.

I saw someone who was ruthless and stripped of humanity and loyalty - so someone who had become very practical and lost ideology. I think he was a villain, but what made him good was that you could sort of understand why he made the choices he did. There was a perverse logic behind them

In Shane's defense, he did keep Lori and Carl alive and many of the decisions he made or lobbied for were the right decisions.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.